PITCH NOTES - FIFA 19 PATCH NOTES #6

EA_Andy
2410 posts EA Community Manager
41ur8h7nvhdi.png

The latest title update for FIFA 19 is now live. You can read some of the detail from this patch in our latest pitch notes article here.

You can also check out the full list of changes in the patch notes here.

Let us know your thoughts and any questions you have about this.

Comments

• L4r14m
    63 posts Park Captain
    Well, I’ll shoot. I suppose the obvious pair of questions is: Why is the career mode ratings bug not fixed in this update? And can you give any estimate regarding the timeline for the fix?

I guess the answers are: (1) Because it’s trickier to patch these things (quickly) than y’all kids realize (needs testing etc.), and (2) no - it’s done when it’s done. But any info would be much appreciated.
  • EA_Andy
    L4r14m wrote: »
    Well, I’ll shoot. I suppose the obvious pair of questions is: Why is the career mode ratings bug not fixed in this update? And can you give any estimate regarding the timeline for the fix?

I guess the answers are: (1) Because it’s trickier to patch these things (quickly) than y’all kids realize (needs testing etc.), and (2) no - it’s done when it’s done. But any info would be much appreciated.

Hate to say it but you've kind of hit the nail on the head there in your own post.

Don't have a time frame at the moment but do know the teams are looking into this. It will require a patch like this one to fix so would be in a future one but exactly when I don't know.

Do appreciate it's extremely frustrating for all Career Mode players. We've seen all the reports/feedback about this and they've been passed onto the team.
  • L4r14m
    63 posts Park Captain
    Alright. Hope it’ll be sooner rather than later. Cheers.
  • AASD
    1 posts Ball Boy
    edited December 2018
    We need a server in eastern Canada. It is horrible that the country that this game is made has no server in eastern canada. Every time i play with someone from vancouver as you can tell with their kit I get horrible delay. Montreal-Toronto needs a server.
  • CounterLicious
    1071 posts Professional
    @EA_Andy Genuinely curious about this.

The vast majority of the community has suffered from button delay since FIFA16. After playing 6 games today, I don't feel a difference in connection. This while having state of the internet and no issues in any (!) other game.

Is the button delay and sluggishness not (hugely) because of the Frostbite engine? Because I've had lag in FIFA before, but what we've been experiencing since '16, the introduction year of the new engine, is "different" then lag.

And why in the world did it take two years to come up with a fix? Not that it worked, but that's a completely different story.
  • BiigDee
    4043 posts National Call-Up
    Since day 1 at half time and end of game the commentary talks about a player but always shown the wrong player. In 4 games today though it hasn’t happened. Can you confirm this has been fixed but not mentioned??
  • EA_Andy
    For anyone who hasn't seen improvement in the responsiveness of gameplay please let us know the following:

- ISP (Internet Service Provider)

Cheers
  • chiromike78
    4 posts Ball Boy
    edited December 2018
    The issue that I'm experiencing is the same issue that I've been dealing with since I started playing FIFA 19. Although this does not occur on every game but the game play for my team when facing an opponent is significantly slower in regards to the response time of my players (movements, shooting, passing, sprinting) while my opponents players have normal game play with their players with fast reaction times. I thought I had fixed this issue in the past after many attempts of trying different things when the most noticeable fix was opening the ports on my router to the designated PS4 ports. When I did this correctly the game play completely resolved and any inconsistency in game play was totally fixed! I was amazed that it was perfectly fine. But now within this last week it seems like it is doing it all over again and it is frustrating because I thought I fixed this issue. Sometimes when I see that the game play is sluggish I immediately do an internet test connection on the Ps4 and the upload or download rate drops to 4 mbps when it is usually from 150 to 350 mbps. I just don't understand why it does this. If you have any idea on what could cause this or fix it I would appreciate it. I have a list of things I've tried such as hard wiring the PS4 and controller, setting TV to game mode, messed with settings in PS4 to see if that works, and changed the router settings which as I said had the biggest improvement in resolving it. Thanks for your help.

I live in Miami, FL
    My connection type is Optic cable that is wired and get over 400 mbps download and 200 mbps upload speed when I perform speedtest.net on my laptop.
    My ISP is ATT
    Post edited by chiromike78 on
  • I play offline but the game still felt sluggish and laggy when I played after downloading the patch. Players took a long time to turn, passes not as crisp..what gives?
  • ThomasHK1979
    108 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Why don’t EA care about career mode at all???? Career mode is completely broken.
  • Fatman
    11 posts Ball Boy
    Terrible update...Still slow sluggish gameplay. Terrible underpowered passing and sometimes it goes 180deg the wrong direction. Seriously the worst FIFA ever. Sick to death with waiting for a patch that actually works. AI defending is a joke still. More penalties given away in the box by AI defenders than any other game. And why cant you select the correct player after deflections...players closet to the ball actually turn and run away from the incoming deflected ball!!!!!!
  • Icatalin03
    51 posts Park Captain

I do not want to feel uncomfortable, but try with the Italian Federation to reach a deal with the broadcast package, please, and above, resolve the Europa League anthem because it is not the official one. Thank you.
  • I was waiting the entire last week for the stupid patch and now they have an update that only deals with FUT issues. So for now it#s clear that EA-Sports don't give a crap about all the people that just want to play career mode which is still broken.

Fifa19 is the worst of all the titles I bought, (Fifa 15-19) and they patch it to a point where it does not make any sence to play it.

As a paying customer I have the right for a working product, under EU-Law they should provide us with such an application or return us the money. But I guess an american based company doesn't give a rats a.. about customers or EU-Law.

Any how I'm very disappointed in EA-Sports and I don't think that I will buy Fifa 20 next year, 70,-€ just for an updated roster and then all the troubles with the application, why should we buy and buy and buy without real changes or improvements to the game itself.

Its absolutly clear now that they only think about the FUT and the stupid cards they can sell and not the customers who bought the game just to play football.

Sorry for all career mode guys (like me) but we should not expect an update for our problem in 2018, if they ever going to fix it.

So have a merry christmas without Fifa 19 :'( . But think about the bright side since EA did not fix the career mode but you will have more time to spend with your friends (offline friend) and family.

@EA Sports: Rot in hell no merry christmas for you, you guys suck.
  • Mous_Buzzum
    1 posts Ball Boy
    edited December 2018
    Hello, when i’m playing and the other player is leaving you don’t get point to get in a higher division. Everybody is leaving so i don’t get the point to go to a higher division, i think there are more people who wants this to be fix
  • kaduoka
    3 posts Ball Boy
    edited December 2018
    so terrible to know that career mode ratings bug not fixed in this update!!!last update resulted a bug,can any company act like this?you guys only keep an eye on fut for making money,really?? I'm serious considering about next year's buying.
  • realcasillas13
    1 posts Ball Boy
    edited December 2018
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    For anyone who hasn't seen improvement in the responsiveness of gameplay please let us know the following:

Cheers

In Greece button delay is the main reason this game can't be of any competition in FUT. HUGE BUTTON DELAY EVERY DAY over the last 4 years.

-Athens, Greece
    -Wired
    -Cosmote
  • G9020wk
    71 posts Park Captain
    edited December 2018
    L4r14m wrote: »

Hate to say it but you've kind of hit the nail on the head there in your own post.

Don't have a time frame at the moment but do know the teams are looking into this. It will require a patch like this one to fix so would be in a future one but exactly when I don't know.

Do appreciate it's extremely frustrating for all Career Mode players. We've seen all the reports/feedback about this and they've been passed onto the team.
    Is fine players still grow and it’s not just in career mode outside of career mode the teemsheets are different rating to the edit player mode. So could be the editor is corrupt. But i’m in the 11th game of the season and my players still grow back to the original rating funny enough after the minus no stats drop just -1 on the overall. This better explaination i think of the error. I just keep on playing. Sorry for online players seems the patch didn’t help also this patch was realest way faster then others how. Suddenly it changed. Explain that @EA_Andy
  • G9020wk
    71 posts Park Captain
    edited December 2018
    I was waiting the entire last week for the stupid patch and now they have an update that only deals with FUT issues. So for now it#s clear that EA-Sports don't give a crap about all the people that just want to play career mode which is still broken.

Fifa19 is the worst of all the titles I bought, (Fifa 15-19) and they patch it to a point where it does not make any sence to play it.

As a paying customer I have the right for a working product, under EU-Law they should provide us with such an application or return us the money. But I guess an american based company doesn't give a rats a.. about customers or EU-Law.

Any how I'm very disappointed in EA-Sports and I don't think that I will buy Fifa 20 next year, 70,-€ just for an updated roster and then all the troubles with the application, why should we buy and buy and buy without real changes or improvements to the game itself.

Its absolutly clear now that they only think about the FUT and the stupid cards they can sell and not the customers who bought the game just to play football.

Sorry for all career mode guys (like me) but we should not expect an update for our problem in 2018, if they ever going to fix it.

So have a merry christmas without Fifa 19 :'( . But think about the bright side since EA did not fix the career mode but you will have more time to spend with your friends (offline friend) and family.

@EA Sports: Rot in hell no merry christmas for you, you guys suck.
    Just play my friend they will grow again. Also they do -1 on certain player, but there stats do not drop. Overall go’s minus one witch i think is corruption on the editor. But when you check players stats they still + one. There is youtube video of it. It’s a stupid bug, but should be easy to fix, why don’t ea install the game and test the issue maybe it’s DATABASE ISSUE. Maybe fix through squad update. Not a patch.
  • WEMAD
    38 posts Last Pick at the Park
    @EA_Andy Do you know about the totally absence of fouling in this game? What happened? Because there are no fouls that are an important set of the game?
  • V10Unit
    48 posts Park Captain
    Thats IT!?
  • a97dps
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park
    @EA_Andy
    Why the problem of generic shoes in the PC version has not yet been solved? Why is the catalog not even updated on PC since it was initially made? Will you need a patch for this too? How long will it come?
  • South Korea definitely needs it's own server!
    Please considerate it!

- South Korea
    - Wired
    - LG POWERCOMM
  • Besides Where can I find about attributes? I need explanation about all attributes. (especially finishing, long shot, curve, crosssing, strength, height, weight, and finally stamina!)
    Can you do offer pitch notes about attributes?
  • Babadino17
    11 posts Ball Boy
    edited December 2018

Cheers

I'm located in Birmingham, UK.

Birmingham, UK
    Wired
    BT
    Post edited by Babadino17 on
  • drmr92
    40 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Will you fix the camera settings problem? Thank you.
  • Icatalin03
    51 posts Park Captain
    Serie A broadcast package please very much.
  • iConfueZ
    232 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited December 2018
    Played 8 games, been having delay in all of them.

Connection type: Wired
    ISP: Ziggo

Edit: it's completely random, sometimes you have delay in 10 games of a row, and then all of sudden everything is smooth again.
    Post edited by iConfueZ on
  • I'm sorry for being repetitive, but nobody has answered to me yet... I personally love to switch teams to competitive leagues... But EA has not fixed the bug with switched league teams at Champions/Europa leagues.

For example, if I want to switch a Corean team to League two and manage to make into an European competition, the game wont let me play it and the app will close if I check fixures (Happened already 2 times, one with Veracruz at Bundesliga and one with Legia at League 1)

I have seen the same problem in bug reports and EA doesnt listen to us. (sorry about my grammar, spanish-main language speaker here)

I'll be honest, I personally buy fifa for the career mode... So, I'd love to hear from you if you're already working on this bug's fix
  • Cambridgeshire uk
    Wired of course
    Virgin media fibre optic.

Please reply
  • Struggstarr
    210 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    When do we get an update where Finesse shots are not the only type of goals scored on this game?