No Wonder People Lose Games on Purpose

Orikoru
10712 posts Has That Special Something
From the first day of the game until December 14th, I was in division 5. Life was ok there, I was comfortable. Then somehow, I finally got promoted to division 4.

You can guess what happened next. The game became a total waste of time, constant pressure fest, timed finesses flying in while my keeper just stands there. Lose every game 5-3 or something. I lasted four games, four defeats and now I'm back in d5.

Won't make that bloody mistake again. Next time I hit 1575 points I'll be losing the next game for sure. :joy:

Comments

• Toshevv
    919 posts Professional
    Just lose 20 drop back to 1000 and enjoy beating people. No point to stress it out if u are not chasing something..

This week I will try for Div 1 but usually every thursday I drop on purpose from div 2 to div 6 .. Then I go on a 30 game winning streak and I repeat the process

I start losing in div 3 and its annoying. I dont like to lose . WL IS enough :smile:
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    Toshevv wrote: »
    Just lose 20 drop back to 1000 and enjoy beating people. No point to stress it out if u are not chasing something..

This week I will try for Div 1 but usually every thursday I drop on purpose from div 2 to div 6 .. Then I go on a 30 game winning streak and I repeat the process

I start losing in div 3 and its annoying. I dont like to lose . WL IS enough :smile:

I could never be bothered to quit out of a whole bunch of games deliberately, that is too time-consuming. I'm quite happy playing in division 5 anyway. I just mean if there's any danger of going up to d4 again I might give it a miss next time.
  • Mjdtheman
    142 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    People like you are what is wrong with this game, if your good enough to go above div 5 why don’t you challenge yourself and let people who should be in the division have a chance
  • McLaughlan_26
    483 posts Sunday League Hero
    According to people on the forums 'Div 5 is full of pros and is the hardest' :D I don't wanna get promoted to Div 3 TBF, so much effort
  • Gromit
    3348 posts National Call-Up
    Mjdtheman wrote: »
    People like you are what is wrong with this game, if your good enough to go above div 5 why don’t you challenge yourself and let people who should be in the division have a chance

I think whats wrong with the game is the game.

We need to separate the notion of "it happens in real life therefore it should be in the game" and remove this ability to be ultra ultra defensive with nothing but counter attack as way of attack.

The game is just a suckfest these days. Boring samey teams boring stifling samey tactics.