How many times you chose DR packs instead of coins and...

distilled89
55 posts Park Captain
You actually got something valuable and didn't regret choosing packs?

I've taken packs 2 times only and they were really really bad, but with this coming TOTW I don't know if i should take the coins or try my luck?

Would be great to have more results/opinions

Comments

• El_Nino
    2254 posts Fans' Favourite
    I go untradeable packs, the majority of the time I come out winning with them, I do a lot of SBCs, so for me they work out more valuable then the coins most of the time
  • GetDefoeKuyt
    1180 posts Professional
    I take coins every week bar 3 weeks leading upto FUTmas took untradables. Will continue to take coins from tomorrow.
  • yetyhunter
    179 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Tradable packs every time, packed cr7 and suarez and a bunch of 50k+ players.
  • LazyFIFA
    505 posts An Exciting Prospect
    If I take coins then I usually get a walkout in my WL rewards. When I take packs I tend to get naff all in all of the packs.
  • KinggHuss
    2049 posts Fans' Favourite
    always coins
  • oldboiler
    1979 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited December 2018
    Probably 50/50 on untradeable packs and coins and only had one week where the rewards were dreadful...that was last week where coincidently the TOTGS promo was live and pack weight is clearly adjusted
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts Sunday League Hero
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • maksi
    6571 posts Big Money Move
    I chosed tradeable pack 2 weeks ago and got IF Chiellini. It's just luck nothing else.
  • Equinox 85
    703 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Always take untradeables. got a team I am more than happy with. Have a fair chunk of coin sitting in the balance. Why not chance your arm?

To take the coins to me is for the person that is looking to upgrade their team and it gives a guaranteed amount each week with Rivals and WL if they were to to play it.
  • You actually got something valuable and didn't regret choosing packs?

I've taken packs 2 times only and they were really really bad, but with this coming TOTW I don't know if i should take the coins or try my luck?

Would be great to have more results/opinions

I always chose untradable packs.

You have the chance to pick some useful player, or anyway players that you'll use for SBCs.

At the end the reward is bigger than money or tradables.
  • Begby
    109 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Untradeable for me, Baby Campbell and TOTGS Hummels for me last week. FUT Champs is for coins/tradeable
  • Pipita
    634 posts An Exciting Prospect
    KinggHuss wrote: »
    always coins

• Boozad
    985 posts Professional
    Coins. Took packs twice and they were appalling so went back to coins.
  • bhafc1901
    2261 posts Fans' Favourite
    Always take untradables, they go into sbcs eventually and offer better value than coins in the long run imo. Also packed 87 desailly
  • Zambo9
    4997 posts Big Money Move
    bhafc1901 wrote: »
    Always take untradables, they go into sbcs eventually and offer better value than coins in the long run imo.
    This

• Walsgrove_V2
    2196 posts Fans' Favourite
    Took packs for first 3 weeks , was happy 1 out of 3 as i got Godin when he was quite valuable , tooks coins ever since.
  • Springveldt
    4489 posts National Call-Up
    Always take untradables. They made the Ferdinand SBC so much cheaper, didn't need to buy a single IF and had a few 88/87/86 cards.

I've also used Mane for nearly 300 games and Mbappe for 125 games.

Currently sitting with enough untradables to do the 83,84 and 85 rated squads for an icon. Not sure if I'm going to do Campbell, Costa or Keane if Crespo doesn't get released.
  • Pipita
    634 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Always take untradables, they go into sbcs eventually and offer better value than coins in the long run imo. Also packed 87 desailly

Dont agree with this mate sometimes you get bunch of 83 or 82 even not even 84 so dont wanna play the long run after that.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    My best pull for untradables is NIF Icardi lol.
  • Idek
    10075 posts Has That Special Something
    edited December 2018
    Taken untradeables every week since the game came out, I've finished div 5 rank 2 nearly every time and I've got a walkout nearly every week

Best player has been Kante
  • HektorOvTroy
    1637 posts Play-Off Hero
    Packs every time.

Loyalty adds value to the cards you pack for SBC.
  • mihain247
    1286 posts Play-Off Hero
    Choosing & stacking packs until team of the year, only coins after
  • Batman442
    3760 posts National Call-Up
    Untradable packs this week for me again, usually take tradeable but with all the SBCs out untradeable is coming in handy.
  • Untradeables since day one, got kante, neymar , muller , cuadrado and dybala , got van dijk last week in my WL rewards and UCL mbappe in the sbc using the van dijk coins
  • Springveldt
    Pipita wrote: »

Dont agree with this mate sometimes you get bunch of 83 or 82 even not even 84 so dont wanna play the long run after that.
    You can’t judge it on 1 week only, you do need to take the long run approach with untradables.

I’ve no doubt they offer better value in the long run than taking coins.

If you are div 4 and you take those untradables player packs every week you are getting something like 42 gold rare cards per week, you will hit the jackpot at some point. I’ve easily packed over 1M worth of cards from untradables, way more than the coins would have given me.
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move

You can’t judge it on 1 week only, you do need to take the long run approach with untradables.

If you are div 4 and you take those untradables player packs every week you are getting something like 42 gold rare cards per week, you will hit the jackpot at some point. I’ve easily packed over 1M worth of cards from untradables, way more than the coins would have given me.

i dont get this logic. Untradeables are just that...Untradeable. The value you get from them is a function of other SBCs. The players on offer may or may not be of value to you.

If i take coins and use them to buy a player to use TODAY and use him for 3 months, how do you value that vs an untradeable card sitting in your club that you eventually use for a SBC for a card you use for a month ?

in my opinion , if a tradeable SMS iss worth say 10k..then an Untradeable SMS is worth say 2k .
  • Johno7256
    321 posts Sunday League Hero
    Played every weekend WL since launch and hit gold 2 most weeks and the best i have got from my players picks is 87 Werner

Also in div 4 finished rank 1 every week always have took untradables the best i have had is Fabinho and Naingolan

Time for me to start taking the coins i think

• Metab0lic
    375 posts Sunday League Hero
    Untradeable always. But now I'm saving up for TOTY I'm going to do tradeable just in case there's nothing decent to put duplicates in to that week.

I've packed Messi and Salah, so it's been so worth it, even though they don't fit the side
  • Springveldt
    Xtc wrote: »

i dont get this logic. Untradeables are just that...Untradeable. The value you get from them is a function of other SBCs. The players on offer may or may not be of value to you.

If i take coins and use them to buy a player to use TODAY and use him for 3 months, how do you value that vs an untradeable card sitting in your club that you eventually use for a SBC for a card you use for a month ?

in my opinion , if a tradeable SMS iss worth say 10k..then an Untradeable SMS is worth say 2k .
    They save the card cost when doing an SBC, so they have the same value as a tradable card when doing the SBC. I use them weekly for MM and FutSwap SBC's plus they also helped immensely with the icon SBC.
    I know I want to do more icon SBC's in the future so untradables give me the best chance of that.

I've also packed Mbappe who I was using at the time and sold for 540K and I've used Mane for nearly 300 games. I packed him when he was around 150K, again coins saved. Between untradables and WL player picks 5 of my starting 11 are untradable, this has allowed me to focus all my coins on the other 6 cards.