Hob's UCL fifa tournament: COMPLETED

hoban95
48577 posts FIFA Cover Star
edited January 8
As we're coming up to Christmas I thought I'd put together a tournament to add some spice to the game. Thought I'd make the tournament a club themed one so it doesn't just feel like your standard online game of rivals or FUT Champs. Anyone can join this so i hope we can get some players! lol

How this works -
Okay so the tournament will be in the format of the UCL. Groups and then knockouts, we'll aim for 16 players and if there are more then we can do 32. Each person picks a team and for the tournament you can only use the players specified to your club. As there are some clubs in the UCL that aren't good quality i'm going to allow clubs not in the UCL irl to be picked so teams like Milan, Sevilla, Arsenal, Lazio, Marseille, Everton, West Ham, Bilbao and Chelsea to be picked.

However there is a twist. Each club will be given a transfer budget and with that transfer budget you can buy and sell other players with clubs in the tournaments. Say someone picks Juve and they have an offer agreed with Man UTD for Pogba for 50mil. Pogba will now only be allowed to be used by Juventus and 50mil will be taken from Juve's budget and added to Man UTD's.

When posting match results, please post the following-
.Final score
.Goalscorers
.Assists
.The keeper that got the clean sheet (If possible)
.Any yellow or red cards

Rules -
No time wasting
No UD or defensive or PTB
No 5atb
No scoring from GK pass outs
Going to have to say no to icons being allowed in this tournament for the first go around. It destroyed the last club tournament
And to play in a friendly manner with all opponents

Teams:
@hoban95 - Chelsea
@Milner - Bayern Munich
@BcfcDale88 - Dortmund
@SGLT - PSG
@Finesse_4days - Atletico Madrid
@TakeItSlow - Ajax
@MoyPlaysFut2016 - Real Madrid
@Andy99TradeZ - juventus
@Fullfordeen - Man City
@Grifter - Arsenal
@Bobb - Napoli
@Crazy Creaky Jr - Lyon
@Pikachu - Liverpool
@coldri1- Lazio
@tauras - AC Milan
@Antparry92 - Porto

Reserves:
@McLaughlan_26
@Humma78
@iiDanny
@Ryan10g
@STaLLiOnO
@Chubbs
Post edited by hoban95 on

Comments

• Milner
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    Can I be in, Bayern please
  • LFC Simon 98
    16675 posts World Class
    Liverpool OP this year

But I’m not playing the game so sadly a no from me
  • hoban95
    Milner wrote: »

Sure thing buddy will put you down.
  • Them rules are a joke mate :joy:
  • Milner
    hoban95 wrote: »

Cheers mate.

What about buying players outside of class teams? Anyway that could be possible?

I played in one a few years ago where we had to make bids for players not involved in the tournament. I think that was done after all other transfers.
  • hoban95
    Hazarddddd wrote: »
    Them rules are a joke mate :joy:

Then don't play, pretty simple.
  • hoban95
    Here to help from an admin perspective … if needed :smiley:

Superb, think i'll need some help :joy:
  • BcfcDale88
    3642 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2018
    I’m in. Dortmund
  • Blarix
    20811 posts Club Captain
    Is this normal seasons if so I'm down.

Barcelona
  • hoban95

Cheers mate.

What about buying players outside of class teams? Anyway that could be possible?

I played in one a few years ago where we had to make bids for players not involved in the tournament. I think that was done after all other transfers.

Yeah i think that will be happening buddy, i just wanted to wait and see what how many players/what teams were picked before putting it in the OP. But for sure i think we'll be having them in.
  • hoban95
    Blarix wrote: »
    Is this normal seasons if so I'm down.

Barcelona

It's Ultimate team mate
  • hoban95
    BcfcDale88 wrote: »
    I’m in. Dortmund

Need to pick a team @BcfcDale88
  • BcfcDale88
    I think once we have a full 32. Teams be picked at random.
  • BcfcDale88
    I’m in. Dortmund

Have done mate.
  • SGLT
    6192 posts Big Money Move
    In, PSG
  • hoban95
    I’m in. Dortmund

Have done mate.

Gotcha will add now.
    I think once we have a full 32. Teams be picked at random.

Yeah once we got the players i'll do the draw for the groups and post the budgets for every team.
  • Milner
    I’m in. Dortmund

We have a lot to talk about
  • BcfcDale88
    I’m in. Dortmund

Do we?!
  • Milner
    I’m in. Dortmund

Do we?!

Our players get chemistry, deals could be struck.
  • Finesse_4days
    6884 posts Big Money Move
    I'm in, Atletico Madrid so I can use my untradeable Griez. As I am a cheap skate I won't be buying Godin or Oblak so I will need transfers ASAP.
  • hoban95
    I’m in. Dortmund

Unlike Bayern to sign a Dortmund player. :*
  • Milner
    I’m in. Dortmund

Unlike Bayern to sign a Dortmund player. :*

I might have been offering a sensational return for Lewandowksi
  • AjaxLegends
    1725 posts Play-Off Hero
    Can I be Ajax with 91 Cruyff? I’m already a joke of a player and Ajax isn’t very good in FUT :P
  • hoban95
    Can I be Ajax with 91 Cruyff? I’m already a joke of a player and Ajax isn’t very good in FUT :P

Not sure i'm going to allow icons for this tournament actually. I allowed them for tournament like this a few years back and it destroyed it. You can still be Ajax and use their special cards tho? ;)
  • AjaxLegends
    1725 posts Play-Off Hero

Not sure i'm going to allow icons for this tournament actually. I allowed them for tournament like this a few years back and it destroyed it. You can still be Ajax and use their special cards tho? ;)

I mean I already have the special cards in my club, and they are all right but nothing special. No normally usuable players there (maybe de Ligt) If I face a Juve or United or even Dortmund with a special Reus I’m already doomed.

Still sounds like good fun though.
  • hoban95

I mean I already have the special cards in my club, and they are all right but nothing special. No normally usuable players there (maybe de Ligt) If I face a Juve or United or even Dortmund with a special Reus I’m already doomed.

So you wanna play?
  • hoban95
    I'm in, Atletico Madrid so I can use my untradeable Griez. As I am a cheap skate I won't be buying Godin or Oblak so I will need transfers ASAP.

Great stuff buddy i'll put you in
  • AjaxLegends
    1725 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited December 2018

So you wanna play?

Yes. Group stage just three games right?

Maybe also do a max rating for the teams other than the transfer budget. Could be very lopsided games with the smaller teams vs the bigger ones.
  • hoban95

So you wanna play?

Yes. Group stage just three games right?

6 games, home and away that way people who live in different areas to each other get a proper home field advantage and we don't get too many arguments over lag.