UT Player since FIFA 12

ThomasFußballgott
697 posts An Exciting Prospect
edited December 2018
what is going on with FIFA? where is the fun?
just played 3 games in Rivals and conceded all 8-9 goals from finesse shot from 25-30 with players like Naingolan and Goretzka?

i personally like to score nice goals (as posible, at least in Rivals when i dont care that much) and shoot with power, volley or something.

i havent conceded a nice goal since ages :( they r all finesse. and wtf is that GK moving ? r they dumb? how can u implement that in game? what r we playing? chess?

i think i will just play WL until i get 14 wins and that's it, but even if i do that, what do i do with my coins/players? play against someone that scores finesse from 30m with a cdm/cm every time and moving the gk?

i miss fifa 12, no sbc ****, no wl, just having fun with my teams, Brasilvers, bronze teams.. TOTS Gomez, incredible silver IFs (where r they? GONE!)

I know this is just another thread of complaining but these things..

Comments

• Adrian095
    33704 posts National Team Captain
    Im with you :'(

Still enjoying my teams on 16 though.
  • bullettoot
    582 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited December 2018
    Same here. It used to be one Bronze, silver or Gold cup and that is it. We used to do forum cups I think in Fut 14 we made the world cup I played as Greece it was nice. Now it’s all about the rewards, meta players, investing, youtubers, pros... It adds a nice competitiveness but the fun from the game and the forum is gone.
  • Gromit
    3356 posts National Call-Up
    Same here, 12 was my first too.

Totally bewildered by the game now. I really don't see why people still play it.

90% of the cards are irrelevant, just take that in, how ridiculous is that?

It's the most sadistic game of football imaginable now, all of the fun has been taken out.

If it wasn't for the obvious fact that EA are making money hand over fist with the current game model, you'd have to question their sanity as to why they've channelled the game the way they have. It's literally ridiculous in almost every way.

I miss the old game so much, building teams from every league, bronze silver and gold, non rare teams, find that 1 interesting looking player and building a team around him. It was actually a special to get a special card in your team, now every team is full of them. What a great game it once was, even with all its gameplay flaws.

• TheArchitect
    941 posts Professional
    what is going on with FIFA? where is the fun?
    just played 3 games in Rivals and conceded all 8-9 goals from finesse shot from 25-30 with players like Naingolan and Goretzka?

i personally like to score nice goals (as posible, at least in Rivals when i dont care that much) and shoot with power, volley or something.

i havent conceded a nice goal since ages :( they r all finesse. and wtf is that GK moving ? r they dumb? how can u implement that in game? what r we playing? chess?

i think i will just play WL until i get 14 wins and that's it, but even if i do that, what do i do with my coins/players? play against someone that scores finesse from 30m with a cdm/cm every time and moving the gk?

i miss fifa 12, no sbc ****, no wl, just having fun with my teams, Brasilvers, bronze teams.. TOTS Gomez, incredible silver IFs (where r they? GONE!)

I know this is just another thread of complaining but these things..

No point in WL either. What is the point in that? game will stay awful
  • ThomasFußballgott
    bullettoot wrote: »
    Same here. It used to be one Bronze, silver or Gold cup and that is it. We used to do forum cups I think in Fut 14 we made the world cup I played as Greece it was nice. Now it’s all about the rewards, meta players, investing, youtubers, pros... It adds a nice competitiveness but the fun from the game and the forum is gone.

pretty much..
  • Recoba
    3573 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2018
    This is why the old school stops playing this crap in december.
  • Adrian095
    33704 posts National Team Captain
    Gromit wrote: »
    Same here, 12 was my first too.

Totally bewildered by the game now. I really don't see why people still play it.

90% of the cards are irrelevant, just take that in, how ridiculous is that?

It's the most sadistic game of football imaginable now, all of the fun has been taken out.

If it wasn't for the obvious fact that EA are making money hand over fist with the current game model, you'd have to question their sanity as to why they've channelled the game the way they have. It's literally ridiculous in almost every way.

I miss the old game so much, building teams from every league, bronze silver and gold, non rare teams, find that 1 interesting looking player and building a team around him. It was actually a special to get a special card in your team, now every team is full of them. What a great game it once was, even with all its gameplay flaws.

Another which irritates me is the constant recycling of the same player in sbcs, where's the variety? What about the other 43 leagues? What about the 9900 of the database which is constantly neglected. It's frustrating.
  • Ch1cha
    2206 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have been playing UT since Fifa 2010 when it was a paid add-on and I agree with you. This year is the worst but the one thing I do like is that you get rewarded for playing the game. You used to get jack **** no matter how much you played. If you play 30 every weekend with decent result and keep up with rivals you are guaranteed to have a very good team at some point. And I am not saying this because it benefits me, it's actually the opposit as I can't keep up with players with more free time.

Downside is that we now have an ultra competitive game unlike previous years. Special cards aren't so special anymore as EA is releasing them in every colour/shape imaginable.

But this is still the gamemode that I enjoy the most. Back on the older Fifa's (prior to 2010) I always played H2H but ever since I really got into UT I never looked back. Wish I did though as it would have saved me a couple of grand over the past few years
  • ThomasFußballgott
    Recoba wrote: »
    This is why the old school stops playing this crap in december.

unfortunately
  • ICUP
    3909 posts National Call-Up
    Ch1cha wrote: »
    I have been playing UT since Fifa 2010 when it was a paid add-on and I agree with you. This year is the worst but the one thing I do like is that you get rewarded for playing the game. You used to get jack **** no matter how much you played. If you play 30 every weekend with decent result and keep up with rivals you are guaranteed to have a very good team at some point. And I am not saying this because it benefits me, it's actually the opposit as I can't keep up with players with more free time.

Downside is that we now have an ultra competitive game unlike previous years. Special cards aren't so special anymore as EA is releasing them in every colour/shape imaginable.

But this is still the gamemode that I enjoy the most. Back on the older Fifa's (prior to 2010) I always played H2H but ever since I really got into UT I never looked back. Wish I did though as it would have saved me a couple of grand over the past few years

Started ultimate team in 2016, played either h2h or seasons prior to that and the most fun I've had playing this game was when I didn't know about UT.
  • Jrutts
    694 posts Professional
    Yeh been playing a long time too old school and always usually have decent record, struggling to keep it at evens at the mo on this one. Spesh after latest patch for some reason
  • ProHulst0s
    7055 posts Big Money Move
    Fifa 11 and 12 we're the best FUT years by far.
  • ICUP
    3909 posts National Call-Up
    That Euro game which was in switzerland I think was the best football game I have ever played. Think it was was euro 2008
  • LennySUFC
    417 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'm a "FUT Founder" or whatever crap title EA award you for paying to play the original where, by using stat increase cards, I had 99 John Carew (Legend).

I used to play with Bronze teams in the bronze cup, and then go online and beat peoples gold teams. Craig Westcarr, Jon Taylor, Oscar Gobern, 5* skills Zaha, Gardner. I honestly had more fun with that team than I did using an all 11 legend team on FUT 15.

Now everything is centred around milking the cash cow. EA release events like FUTMas, Black Friday, Cyber Monday etc as a con. SBC are boring, Reus 2nd POTM not needing first, 82 rated FUTMas player needing 85 squad...

It's just not the same anymore.
  • HelloDearie
    2238 posts Fans' Favourite
    ProHulst0s wrote: »

• ThomasFußballgott
    ProHulst0s wrote: »

pure fun
  • Finesse shots can be blocked/defended.

Kickoff goals can’t. It’s like playing with my hands tied. They are so annoying. Make me furious.
  • SuperKMx
    462 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited December 2018
    emylonas wrote: »
    Finesse shots can be blocked/defended.

Kickoff goals can’t. It’s like playing with my hands tied. They are so annoying. Make me furious.

Set your Ultra Defensive custom tactic to 5atb, with fullbacks and CMs/CDMs set to Stay Back While Attacking. Defensive style should be Drop Back. Set width to 3 or 4. As soon as you score or as kick off is about to be taken, switch to Ultra Defensive.

Stay in Ultra Defensive until you get the ball, then switch back to your normal formation. It's not a magical fix...you need to remain focused and try to cut out a pass if you can, but it's a very, very effective way of stopping kickoff goals.

To the point that I can honestly say that I rarely concede them now, as opposed to conceding at LEAST one every match.
    Post edited by SuperKMx on
  • Dronegan
    995 posts Professional
    This year the game is really poorly designed. They pretty much took Fifa18 and changed a few things to the worse. I guess that why all problems with firstpost corners, kick off etc were back in the game after being patched in 18 .

Anyway i found that lack of good content the worst this year. Division Rivals is just a frustrating grind.
    Its playable for me until div2 where you hit a brick wall of try hards all playing 41212(2) with fall back and all mids on stay back.
    It´s just impossible to get any fun out of the game when you face opponents at your skill level are playing the same formation and abusing the game to maximum.