4-2-3-1

NewRave7
114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Is there anybody who doesn’t use it. It’s sooooo boring to play against. I get it I’ll use it some during fut champs, but my god rivals too! Just played 6 games all 4231. I won 5 but my god you tubers saying use 4231 are ruining the fun

Comments

• If your winning, why are you moaning? I really dont get some of these threads
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    If your winning, why are you moaning? I really dont get some of these threads

FIFA is pretty boring even when you're winning.
  • AFC_95 wrote: »

FIFA is pretty boring even when you're winning.

That's what red dead is for ;)
  • FinneganFach
    2123 posts Fans' Favourite

Because "won five" means "only lost five by one goal" but they know that if they admit it they'll be called moaners and told to get good.

If you say you're winning but it's just not fun then you can still tell yourself you're a cool guy.

Apparently.

Also, most of the world is playing some variation of 4231/451/4411, its not really surprising its effective in game.
  • SomeNextGuy
    4785 posts Big Money Move
    Effective formation, why would you not use it if it works for you?

I've just made my first 4-2-3-1 team and I'm winning more, but I still concede quite a lot. I had a 7-4 victory the other day...

People used to moan about 4-1-2-1-2, 5atb formation, 3-5-2. Now it's 4-2-3-1. The cycle will continue.
  • Safehands84
    4121 posts National Call-Up
    Effective formation, why would you not use it if it works for you?

I've just made my first 4-2-3-1 team and I'm winning more, but I still concede quite a lot. I had a 7-4 victory the other day...

People used to moan about 4-1-2-1-2, 5atb formation, 3-5-2. Now it's 4-2-3-1. The cycle will continue.

Totally agree ive played since fifa 12 and every year people moan about a certain formation being op. Just pick the formation you like or fits the players you want and enjoy it. I play 433 because I like possession and like to cross. I get far better results with 4312 but I don’t enjoy it. Winnning isn’t everything is suppose to be fun.
  • Pacey3_16
    2335 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2018
    Only formation i struggle against is 433(4) i have not beat this formation once yet since the last patch
  • MHoney1234
    10339 posts Has That Special Something
    80% of WL players I played used 41212-2
  • Torn4do
    1193 posts Professional
    4231 works because the poor gameplay and button delays, often you need a second CDM to cover the other when he miss times a tackle or when switching players, if the gameplay was silky smooth and no delay on the buttons then you’d find people using many other set ups.

• HektorOvTroy
    1637 posts Play-Off Hero
    I switch to 4231 from 433(5) when I go two goals up.

It's sensible game management.

Still a threat going forward but more defensively secure.
  • Antiseen
    1383 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited December 2018
    4222; 4231(2), 41212(2)
  • Pacey3_16
    2335 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2018
    Antiseen wrote: »
    4222; 4231(2), 41212(2)

I have all 3 of these set on my ct's 😂 4222 is my fav
  • L0ngline
    509 posts An Exciting Prospect
    What's wrong with the formation per se? I mean, as already stated above, it's prolly the most frequently used and successful formation in modern day football, why shud it not be a viable option in a football game?

You don't hate the formation, you hate the guys parking the bus in their own penalty area, but reality is, they can do that with every formation.
  • Antiseen
    1383 posts Play-Off Hero
    Pacey3_16 wrote: »
    I have all 3 of these set on my ct's 😂 4222 is my fav

Lol