Bateson

Comments

  • SVKslato8
    417 posts Sunday League Hero
    Hippyboy6 wrote: »
    SVKslato8 wrote: »
    There is always a point of using it and I guarantee you that is the only logical competitive setting, otherwise why don't you just give instructions to AI to do everything instead of you? Wait you already do that with assistance settings.

    Despite the disadvantage I play it for perception. I know a lot of players don't have patience to learn the new changes in patch so I don't expect people to learn manual controls, but why the top pro competitive players use assisted controls on top competitive events, that is really good question to EA FIFA competitive department.

    Can we pass this to competitive team at EA?

    Can I ask how many wins you get in WL with "full manual" controls?

    usually 8 wins
  • Campino
    27152 posts Player of the Year
    CeeQue wrote: »
    Why do so many people care as if thier life involves him in any way what so ever.

    Oh my god, imagine having a conversation about the guy who finished #1 in the world in Fifa on a fifa forum

    Who would have guessed?
  • SVKslato8
    417 posts Sunday League Hero
    G12OGN wrote: »
    Whole argument about AI assistance again :lol:

    Vast majority of games have some kind of AI asssists. Its in place so little kids can play and not think it's to hard and never play again.

    Shooters have auto-aim.
    Racing games have racing lines/breaking lines.

    Get over it.

    He went 30-0 with a god squad, whilst the "pros" were at an event. Whilst not playing any other top 100.

    Yes his good but if he was that good would he be at the event?

    AI assistance is fine and especially in arcade modes, but not in competitive mode.

    Now switch to competitive gaming, which is something different.

    Where in CS GO competitive events do you have aim assistance, where in GT competitive events do you have wheel assists?
  • SVKslato8
    417 posts Sunday League Hero
    DutyHarry wrote: »
    Good for him, but a player that has never made it to top 100 in previous FIFAs suddenly being on top of the ladder does indeed raise questions about gameplay mechanics and match making.

    That's the right question.

    Who knows maybe he is good and deserves to be at events and this is his break through.
  • DutyHarry
    4912 posts National Call-Up
    SVKslato8 wrote: »
    DutyHarry wrote: »
    Good for him, but a player that has never made it to top 100 in previous FIFAs suddenly being on top of the ladder does indeed raise questions about gameplay mechanics and match making.

    That's the right question.

    Who knows maybe he is good and deserves to be at events and this is his break through.

    Yeah, can't wait to see him face Castro in Xbox world finals. :D
  • Hippyboy6
    16884 posts World Class
    SVKslato8 wrote: »
    Hippyboy6 wrote: »
    SVKslato8 wrote: »
    There is always a point of using it and I guarantee you that is the only logical competitive setting, otherwise why don't you just give instructions to AI to do everything instead of you? Wait you already do that with assistance settings.

    Despite the disadvantage I play it for perception. I know a lot of players don't have patience to learn the new changes in patch so I don't expect people to learn manual controls, but why the top pro competitive players use assisted controls on top competitive events, that is really good question to EA FIFA competitive department.

    Can we pass this to competitive team at EA?

    Can I ask how many wins you get in WL with "full manual" controls?

    usually 8 wins

    That answers a lot, thanks.

    I'll give up on the other points, you're clearly avoiding them for a reason.
  • Hippyboy6
    16884 posts World Class
    Campino wrote: »
    CeeQue wrote: »
    Why do so many people care as if thier life involves him in any way what so ever.

    Oh my god, imagine having a conversation about the guy who finished #1 in the world in Fifa on a fifa forum

    Who would have guessed?

    This thread gets stranger by the hour mate :joy:
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    14402 posts Has That Special Something
    Remember when Bateson was on here tryna mug people off?
  • Andybelfast
    10935 posts Has That Special Something
    I beat him last year.

    #claim2fame
  • SVKslato8
    417 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited December 2018
    Hippyboy6 wrote: »
    SVKslato8 wrote: »
    Hippyboy6 wrote: »
    SVKslato8 wrote: »
    guys I admit he know how to play football, but he is spamming passing most of the time.

    Is it really skill to use AI assistance? Put him next to average manual player and he will be smashed.

    I don't understand how you guys are happy with AI assistance, this is good for arcade mode but never consider this game as a competitive and pro fifa players are very far from any pro players in terms of accuracy.

    I have to ask but given the volume of threads & posts on here recently, how did you ever get to the assumption that "you guys are happy with AI assistance"?

    I get that AI assistance is helping but you really think he'd get smashed by an AVERAGE manual player (assuming average is S3-G2) even though he has gone 30-0 twice. I'm not a follower of any YouTubers & TBH wouldn't even recognize Bateson but your claims are ridiculous

    looks like you never played full manual, my assumption is based on his gameplay.
    He relies on fast ping pong passing and a few skill moves before the timed shot.

    manual vs assisted:
    ping pong passing is not possible, you need to carefully build up play and care about each pass (assisted take it for granted, even passing to a blind space on pitch)

    skill moves are truly sign of a skill gap, he uses just a few of them, I am not surprised based on the game mechanics, other skill moves don't give you much advantage.

    timed shooting is possible in both manual and assisted, its easy to learn the timing, the biggest difference is the aiming. All this top corners and finesse shots are so up to AI while manual controls require real skill and aim practice to score a perfect shot (AI assisted is perfect with no effort)

    My claim is based on the difference between the 2 control methods and its obviously beyond your imagination what is full manual control settings.

    I suggest you to try that first before you write any reply

    There's actually no such thing as "full manual" as the AI will move players you are not in control of, impossible to control 11 players on your own.

    I understand what you mean & of course it's more difficult but what you are basically saying is an "average manual player" using AI assistance would walk to 30 wins (flipping your argument around)

    You also didn't answer how you think people are happy with AI assistance maybe this is just "your imagination"

    Sorry I didn't see your reply.

    Agree that full manual this year is so out of control ( no that manual anymore) and I agree that its inevitable to have AI assistance in moving the players, but why do we need auto blocks, auto tackles, auto shots and especially auto aim?

    No I am not saying that average manual player with assistance would do that, and I believe he would be smashed but in situation that bateson plays full manual vs full manual players I believe bateson would be smashed so its about home conditions (correction bateson would have a pretty good chance due to AI defending but that is equal for both manual and assisted players)

    I assume that avg full manual player wouldn't be able to use all the advantage that assisted controls offer. You probably know the game play is different

    Happy with AI assistance, this assumption is purely based on the fact that almost no one plays full manual, its impossible to find a game with full manual.

    If somebody is unhappy with AI assistance and have the option to change it to full manual but he is not willing to, it looks to me that he is happy with assisted settings if he continues to use it despite the "unhappiness"
  • Equinox 85
    703 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The fact he uses AI to defend is nothing against his skills of getting 30-0. Yes by playing home only he has avoided some of the big boys however I imagine he has had to play some good players none the less.

    We should look at how he plays and try and use it ourselves rather than bashing him. Yes we won't all have god squads but his play style is easy to recreate.
  • Navraat
    3360 posts National Call-Up
    He cherrypicked his way though. Watched the stream yet to see a home game.

    It's bloody funny seeing these streamers reading donations relaxed and all of a sudden become laser focused as soon as they press matchmaking button to see if it's home or away game :joy:

  • Adrian095
    34071 posts National Team Captain
    TalentFG wrote: »
    Blocked me on Twitter cause I asked how his court case was going :'(

    I'd probably block someone who was deliberately trying to wind me up

    He doesn’t need you in his life

    What were you hoping to achieve with your keyboard warrior move?

    I’ve just realised it was Neppo not Bateson :D

    Nep blocked me aswell, I asked him his thoughts on nick28t video lol
  • RandomLhama83
    10092 posts Has That Special Something
    you dont even know if its him playing, these guys are so clever they can literally pay a pro to play his games and rerun that **** while looking like its him. cant rule anything out.
  • Andybelfast
    10935 posts Has That Special Something
    you dont even know if its him playing, these guys are so clever they can literally pay a pro to play his games and rerun that **** while looking like its him. cant rule anything out.

    Unless some one dressed up as bateson and spoke like him then I'm pretty sure it was him.
  • Knowlesdinho
    10567 posts Has That Special Something
    you dont even know if its him playing, these guys are so clever they can literally pay a pro to play his games and rerun that **** while looking like its him. cant rule anything out.

    tin_foil_hat_paranoid.jpg
  • BrentfordFC
    12065 posts Has That Special Something
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    I’ve removed a number of posts in here. Let’s try to keep it within the rules thanks.

    Who is this guy? :trollface:
  • Navraat
    3360 posts National Call-Up
    you dont even know if its him playing, these guys are so clever they can literally pay a pro to play his games and rerun that **** while looking like its him. cant rule anything out.

    Nah, its him playing but its inflated skill result when you avoid playing the best players by selecting home games



    Bateson secret explained here

  • WFCBagnall
    70393 posts Moderator
    I beat him last year.

    #claim2fame

    I beat him in the Konplyanka tournament

    #claim2fame
  • heefmondo
    1578 posts Play-Off Hero
    I only play home games so I can avoid playing the good players who only play home games 🤣
  • Hippyboy6
    16884 posts World Class
    SVKslato8 wrote: »
    Hippyboy6 wrote: »
    SVKslato8 wrote: »
    Hippyboy6 wrote: »
    SVKslato8 wrote: »
    guys I admit he know how to play football, but he is spamming passing most of the time.

    Is it really skill to use AI assistance? Put him next to average manual player and he will be smashed.

    I don't understand how you guys are happy with AI assistance, this is good for arcade mode but never consider this game as a competitive and pro fifa players are very far from any pro players in terms of accuracy.

    I have to ask but given the volume of threads & posts on here recently, how did you ever get to the assumption that "you guys are happy with AI assistance"?

    I get that AI assistance is helping but you really think he'd get smashed by an AVERAGE manual player (assuming average is S3-G2) even though he has gone 30-0 twice. I'm not a follower of any YouTubers & TBH wouldn't even recognize Bateson but your claims are ridiculous

    looks like you never played full manual, my assumption is based on his gameplay.
    He relies on fast ping pong passing and a few skill moves before the timed shot.

    manual vs assisted:
    ping pong passing is not possible, you need to carefully build up play and care about each pass (assisted take it for granted, even passing to a blind space on pitch)

    skill moves are truly sign of a skill gap, he uses just a few of them, I am not surprised based on the game mechanics, other skill moves don't give you much advantage.

    timed shooting is possible in both manual and assisted, its easy to learn the timing, the biggest difference is the aiming. All this top corners and finesse shots are so up to AI while manual controls require real skill and aim practice to score a perfect shot (AI assisted is perfect with no effort)

    My claim is based on the difference between the 2 control methods and its obviously beyond your imagination what is full manual control settings.

    I suggest you to try that first before you write any reply

    There's actually no such thing as "full manual" as the AI will move players you are not in control of, impossible to control 11 players on your own.

    I understand what you mean & of course it's more difficult but what you are basically saying is an "average manual player" using AI assistance would walk to 30 wins (flipping your argument around)

    You also didn't answer how you think people are happy with AI assistance maybe this is just "your imagination"

    Sorry I didn't see your reply.

    Agree that full manual this year is so out of control ( no that manual anymore) and I agree that its inevitable to have AI assistance in moving the players, but why do we need auto blocks, auto tackles, auto shots and especially auto aim?

    No I am not saying that average manual player with assistance would do that, and I believe he would be smashed but in situation that bateson plays full manual vs full manual players I believe bateson would be smashed so its about home conditions (correction bateson would have a pretty good chance due to AI defending but that is equal for both manual and assisted players)

    I assume that avg full manual player wouldn't be able to use all the advantage that assisted controls offer. You probably know the game play is different

    Happy with AI assistance, this assumption is purely based on the fact that almost no one plays full manual, its impossible to find a game with full manual.

    If somebody is unhappy with AI assistance and have the option to change it to full manual but he is not willing to, it looks to me that he is happy with assisted settings if he continues to use it despite the "unhappiness"

    So in short, if you don't play full manual you're happy with AI assistance. No middle ground.

    The gameplay is the same manual or non manual, the way you have to play it is different.

    So you think an average manual player would smash bateson if he played manual but the manual playing assisted wouldn't get anywhere near 30 wins. Sorry I'm really not getting your logic here at all. I'm not going to go any further with this, very difficult to argue with someone that doesn't really know what his own point is (just seen you now say bateson stands a reasonable chance)
  • SVKslato8
    417 posts Sunday League Hero
    so there is no benefit of home game except you avoid top players who have probably unwritten rule to not meet each other?
  • Andybelfast
    10935 posts Has That Special Something
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    I beat him last year.

    #claim2fame

    I beat him in the Konplyanka tournament

    #claim2fame

    What a card that was <3
  • Ian_Ando08
    7560 posts League Winner
    SVKslato8 wrote: »
    so there is no benefit of home game except you avoid top players who have probably unwritten rule to not meet each other?

    based on your connection aint it if you are home game ?
  • SVKslato8
    417 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »
    SVKslato8 wrote: »
    so there is no benefit of home game except you avoid top players who have probably unwritten rule to not meet each other?

    based on your connection aint it if you are home game ?

    no we have dedicated servers now, not peer to peer connections anymore except friendlies
  • Paawky
    2605 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hippyboy6 wrote: »
    SVKslato8 wrote: »
    Hippyboy6 wrote: »
    SVKslato8 wrote: »
    Hippyboy6 wrote: »
    SVKslato8 wrote: »
    guys I admit he know how to play football, but he is spamming passing most of the time.

    Is it really skill to use AI assistance? Put him next to average manual player and he will be smashed.

    I don't understand how you guys are happy with AI assistance, this is good for arcade mode but never consider this game as a competitive and pro fifa players are very far from any pro players in terms of accuracy.

    I have to ask but given the volume of threads & posts on here recently, how did you ever get to the assumption that "you guys are happy with AI assistance"?

    I get that AI assistance is helping but you really think he'd get smashed by an AVERAGE manual player (assuming average is S3-G2) even though he has gone 30-0 twice. I'm not a follower of any YouTubers & TBH wouldn't even recognize Bateson but your claims are ridiculous

    looks like you never played full manual, my assumption is based on his gameplay.
    He relies on fast ping pong passing and a few skill moves before the timed shot.

    manual vs assisted:
    ping pong passing is not possible, you need to carefully build up play and care about each pass (assisted take it for granted, even passing to a blind space on pitch)

    skill moves are truly sign of a skill gap, he uses just a few of them, I am not surprised based on the game mechanics, other skill moves don't give you much advantage.

    timed shooting is possible in both manual and assisted, its easy to learn the timing, the biggest difference is the aiming. All this top corners and finesse shots are so up to AI while manual controls require real skill and aim practice to score a perfect shot (AI assisted is perfect with no effort)

    My claim is based on the difference between the 2 control methods and its obviously beyond your imagination what is full manual control settings.

    I suggest you to try that first before you write any reply

    There's actually no such thing as "full manual" as the AI will move players you are not in control of, impossible to control 11 players on your own.

    I understand what you mean & of course it's more difficult but what you are basically saying is an "average manual player" using AI assistance would walk to 30 wins (flipping your argument around)

    You also didn't answer how you think people are happy with AI assistance maybe this is just "your imagination"

    Sorry I didn't see your reply.

    Agree that full manual this year is so out of control ( no that manual anymore) and I agree that its inevitable to have AI assistance in moving the players, but why do we need auto blocks, auto tackles, auto shots and especially auto aim?

    No I am not saying that average manual player with assistance would do that, and I believe he would be smashed but in situation that bateson plays full manual vs full manual players I believe bateson would be smashed so its about home conditions (correction bateson would have a pretty good chance due to AI defending but that is equal for both manual and assisted players)

    I assume that avg full manual player wouldn't be able to use all the advantage that assisted controls offer. You probably know the game play is different

    Happy with AI assistance, this assumption is purely based on the fact that almost no one plays full manual, its impossible to find a game with full manual.

    If somebody is unhappy with AI assistance and have the option to change it to full manual but he is not willing to, it looks to me that he is happy with assisted settings if he continues to use it despite the "unhappiness"

    So in short, if you don't play full manual you're happy with AI assistance. No middle ground.

    The gameplay is the same manual or non manual, the way you have to play it is different.

    So you think an average manual player would smash bateson if he played manual but the manual playing assisted wouldn't get anywhere near 30 wins. Sorry I'm really not getting your logic here at all. I'm not going to go any further with this, very difficult to argue with someone that doesn't really know what his own point is (just seen you now say bateson stands a reasonable chance)

    Does that also mean the pros would be destroyed by an " above average " manual player . Lol
  • RebelRob
    5223 posts Big Money Move
    It’s just dawned on me why these tools back out for no reason immediately, because they’re cherry picking.
  • heefmondo
    1578 posts Play-Off Hero
    RebelRob wrote: »
    It’s just dawned on me why these tools back out for no reason immediately, because they’re cherry picking.

    It's been a thing for 3 FIFAs
  • Maverick
    4874 posts National Call-Up
    Lol how does this thread have this many replies
Sign In or Register to comment.