Bateson

Comments

• Equinox 85
    703 posts An Exciting Prospect
    DeanoZoff wrote: »
    Can somebody explain how he only plays home games on futchamps when you come up as the home team in every game anyway...

So confused by those comments

If you load In first and it's waiting for opponent it means you’re the home team.
  • RBailss
    12050 posts Has That Special Something
    Anyone got a pic of the team he runs?
  • S P 4 C E Y
    2436 posts Fans' Favourite
    Geenoui wrote: »
    Hippyboy6 wrote: »
    Geenoui wrote: »
    Is currently number 1 in the world on xbox. If thats not evidence of P2W I dunno what is 😂😂😂

I know you're backtracking now but how is this evidence of P2W? If he was a shocking player but got elite using a god sqaud I would understand but 30-0 is ridiculously good with servers/"ELO"/bad luck

Haven't back tracked at all, i didn't once say he isnt a good player. He is an elite level player. But not top 100 material. As someone else stated, he hasnt played anyone else in the top 100, still a good achievement, a better player than me etc. Evidence of pay to win? You seen his team? Thats surely all the evidence you need.

He is literally at the top of the top 100.

He is objectively as top 100 as it’s possible to be.
  • Wattagunt
    347 posts Sunday League Hero
    To be fair you obviously have to be decent at the game to go 30-0 but his team, the fact it's his job so he can spread out whenever over weekend and how he only plays home games can easily get you extra few wins from elite to top 100.

As others have pointed out it's not as if he's beating top 100 players but fair play to him he's got his little system and stacked team I literally couldn't care the games awful this year when pro players/top 100 don't even attempt to get into your box you know there's a big problem.

For all those reading who are gold 1 and want elite, learn timed finishing and even more importantly moving your GK to cover the timed finesse and I guarantee you'll get elite. From elite upwards you need to have mastered these, plus have a solid team and know when to play so servers ain't awful.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26033 posts Player of the Year
    RBailss wrote: »

6-F6-C95-C5-74-C8-449-A-8-CBE-6-E99-C0-E69-E91.png
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26033 posts Player of the Year
    I’m happy for the bloke yeah, but I’ve got one question, how is he matching up with someone 13-12?

That should not be happening.
  • solnasolna08
    1788 posts Play-Off Hero
    RBailss wrote: »

6-F6-C95-C5-74-C8-449-A-8-CBE-6-E99-C0-E69-E91.png

Not even ucl Ronaldo, mehhh.
  • Navraat
    3333 posts National Call-Up
    I’m happy for the bloke yeah, but I’ve got one question, how is he matching up with someone 13-12?

That should not be happening.

By playing only home games obv
  • SVKslato8
    417 posts Sunday League Hero
    guys I admit he know how to play football, but he is spamming passing most of the time.

Is it really skill to use AI assistance? Put him next to average manual player and he will be smashed.

I don't understand how you guys are happy with AI assistance, this is good for arcade mode but never consider this game as a competitive and pro fifa players are very far from any pro players in terms of accuracy.
  • Hippyboy6
    16884 posts World Class
    SVKslato8 wrote: »
    guys I admit he know how to play football, but he is spamming passing most of the time.

Is it really skill to use AI assistance? Put him next to average manual player and he will be smashed.

I don't understand how you guys are happy with AI assistance, this is good for arcade mode but never consider this game as a competitive and pro fifa players are very far from any pro players in terms of accuracy.

I have to ask but given the volume of threads & posts on here recently, how did you ever get to the assumption that "you guys are happy with AI assistance"?

I get that AI assistance is helping but you really think he'd get smashed by an AVERAGE manual player (assuming average is S3-G2) even though he has gone 30-0 twice. I'm not a follower of any YouTubers & TBH wouldn't even recognize Bateson but your claims are ridiculous
  • Milner
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    Spamming passing :joy:
  • Ian_Ando08
    7554 posts League Winner
    Milner wrote: »
    Spamming passing :joy:

i wish i could spam passing and go 30-0
  • bigpokey24
    4834 posts Big Money Move
    All home games lol..cherry picking
  • Batman_Llanber
    1183 posts Professional
    DeanoZoff wrote: »
    Can somebody explain how he only plays home games on futchamps when you come up as the home team in every game anyway...

So confused by those comments

You will always see your badge on the home side, To know if your playing home you'll be in the match lobby before the other person joins
  • SVKslato8

I have to ask but given the volume of threads & posts on here recently, how did you ever get to the assumption that "you guys are happy with AI assistance"?

I get that AI assistance is helping but you really think he'd get smashed by an AVERAGE manual player (assuming average is S3-G2) even though he has gone 30-0 twice. I'm not a follower of any YouTubers & TBH wouldn't even recognize Bateson but your claims are ridiculous

looks like you never played full manual, my assumption is based on his gameplay.
    He relies on fast ping pong passing and a few skill moves before the timed shot.

manual vs assisted:
    ping pong passing is not possible, you need to carefully build up play and care about each pass (assisted take it for granted, even passing to a blind space on pitch)

skill moves are truly sign of a skill gap, he uses just a few of them, I am not surprised based on the game mechanics, other skill moves don't give you much advantage.

timed shooting is possible in both manual and assisted, its easy to learn the timing, the biggest difference is the aiming. All this top corners and finesse shots are so up to AI while manual controls require real skill and aim practice to score a perfect shot (AI assisted is perfect with no effort)

My claim is based on the difference between the 2 control methods and its obviously beyond your imagination what is full manual control settings.

I suggest you to try that first before you write any reply
  • SVKslato8
    regarding spamming passes he just relies on AI assistance corrections.
    He don't need to think that much he just press and wait for AI to direct it to recipient in the area (yes he needs to think in which area he wants to pass the ball)

Player movement before and after pass is completely different in asissted vs manual controls, while in assisted setting you don't need to think how to receive the ball and just think where to pass it next.

In comparison manual player needs to think how to receive the ball first and then find unoccupied team member decide the strength and direction of the pass (this needs time) opposite to blind ping pong passing (dont need anything just spam the pass button)
  • Shahski
    778 posts Semi-Pro
    Well I think he deserves credit. I don't care if he's P2W. I know for a fact, if 90% of this forum had his team, they wouldn't be able to get 30/30
  • SVKslato8
    edited December 2018
    Yes he deserves some credit, I am not denying it. I am just saying the game does almost 50% instead of him
  • Campino
    27131 posts Player of the Year
    Credit where it’s due

You can clearly manipulate matchmaking to a degree and PTW obviously factors but that’s 2X30’s which is nuts imo. If I didn’t have a full time job and such and played fifa all weekend I reckon I could probably push to maybe 3-5 extra wins a weekend over the duration but not be anywhere near that level. Kudos
  • YOLOT0URE
    6969 posts Big Money Move
    Yes he deserves some credit, I am not denying it. I am just saying the game does almost 50% instead of him

Congratulations for playing manual. Now only if you understood that you are choosing to put yourself at a disadvantage. Please don’t act like you are so hard done by. It’s solely your choice. I think we can all understand how manual controls work
  • SVKslato8
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »

Congratulations for playing manual. Now only if you understood that you are choosing to put yourself at a disadvantage. Please don’t act like you are so hard done by. It’s solely your choice. I think we can all understand how manual controls work

Honestly I don't think you can imagine unless you try to play at least a game.

I know I am putting myself to disadvantage and I take it as a higher difficulty vs human player and I am happy with that.

I would just encourage more people to try full manual at least to open their eyes to see how the competitive game should look like in terms of controls settings
  • xGrumpyWolfx
    2853 posts Fans' Favourite

I know I am putting myself to disadvantage and I take it as a higher difficulty vs human player and I am happy with that.

I would just encourage more people to try full manual at least to open their eyes to see how the competitive game should look like in terms of controls settings

I used to play full manual on every FIFA up until FIFA 16 then realised it was pointless. There’s literally no point in using it online as others have said, you’re just putting yourself at a major disadvantage as virtually no one else uses it
  • YOLOT0URE
    6969 posts Big Money Move

I had many games years ago against umar using manual and it makes the game a chore. You don’t need to make this game anymore stressful. I’m just confused how Bateson going 30-0 has resulted in manual chat
  • G12OGN
    1519 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited December 2018
    Whole argument about AI assistance again :lol:

Vast majority of games have some kind of AI asssists. Its in place so little kids can play and not think it's to hard and never play again.

Shooters have auto-aim.
    Racing games have racing lines/breaking lines.

Get over it.

He went 30-0 with a god squad, whilst the "pros" were at an event. Whilst not playing any other top 100.

Yes his good but if he was that good would he be at the event?
  • Hippyboy6
    16884 posts World Class

looks like you never played full manual, my assumption is based on his gameplay.
    He relies on fast ping pong passing and a few skill moves before the timed shot.

manual vs assisted:
    ping pong passing is not possible, you need to carefully build up play and care about each pass (assisted take it for granted, even passing to a blind space on pitch)

skill moves are truly sign of a skill gap, he uses just a few of them, I am not surprised based on the game mechanics, other skill moves don't give you much advantage.

timed shooting is possible in both manual and assisted, its easy to learn the timing, the biggest difference is the aiming. All this top corners and finesse shots are so up to AI while manual controls require real skill and aim practice to score a perfect shot (AI assisted is perfect with no effort)

My claim is based on the difference between the 2 control methods and its obviously beyond your imagination what is full manual control settings.

I suggest you to try that first before you write any reply

There's actually no such thing as "full manual" as the AI will move players you are not in control of, impossible to control 11 players on your own.

I understand what you mean & of course it's more difficult but what you are basically saying is an "average manual player" using AI assistance would walk to 30 wins (flipping your argument around)

You also didn't answer how you think people are happy with AI assistance maybe this is just "your imagination"
  • SVKslato8
    There is always a point of using it and I guarantee you that is the only logical competitive setting, otherwise why don't you just give instructions to AI to do everything instead of you? Wait you already do that with assistance settings.

Despite the disadvantage I play it for perception. I know a lot of players don't have patience to learn the new changes in patch so I don't expect people to learn manual controls, but why the top pro competitive players use assisted controls on top competitive events, that is really good question to EA FIFA competitive department.

Can we pass this to competitive team at EA?
  • Hippyboy6
    16884 posts World Class
    edited December 2018
    There is always a point of using it and I guarantee you that is the only logical competitive setting, otherwise why don't you just give instructions to AI to do everything instead of you? Wait you already do that with assistance settings.

Despite the disadvantage I play it for perception. I know a lot of players don't have patience to learn the new changes in patch so I don't expect people to learn manual controls, but why the top pro competitive players use assisted controls on top competitive events, that is really good question to EA FIFA competitive department.

Can we pass this to competitive team at EA?

Can I ask how many wins you get in WL with "full manual" controls?
  • NornIron
    11413 posts Has That Special Something
    G12OGN wrote: »
    Whole argument about AI assistance again :lol:

Vast majority of games have some kind of AI asssists. Its in place so little kids can play and not think it's to hard and never play again.

Shooters have auto-aim.
    Racing games have racing lines/breaking lines.

Get over it.

He went 30-0 with a god squad, whilst the "pros" were at an event. Whilst not playing any other top 100.

Yes his good but if he was that good would he be at the event?

Unless you have sluggish gameplay.
    The AI dont move. When I watch clips its like a different game players sticking they're legs out to intercept the ball etc what even is that.
  • DutyHarry
    4912 posts National Call-Up
    Good for him, but a player that has never made it to top 100 in previous FIFAs suddenly being on top of the ladder does indeed raise questions about gameplay mechanics and match making.
  • CeeQue
    10991 posts Has That Special Something
    Why do so many people care as if thier life involves him in any way what so ever.