Bateson

Comments

• TakeItSlow
    7355 posts Big Money Move
    Campino wrote: »
    19-0 so far, looks like hes going for 30-0 again!

Respect!

No

One

Cares

Bit harsh camps some people do, some people enjoy watching it haha.
  • '96dc2
    9026 posts League Winner
    R
    Campino wrote: »
    Idek wrote: »
    Rutta wrote: »
    bet Neppo is well jealous his big mate Bateson is pro player now and a serious contender for the World Cup

Neppo is a big child.

Decide to check out his stream yesterday, about 5 minutes in he was complaining about someone on twitter who had said "watch out he'll block you" in response to one of his tweets and how he's now gonna block that person

I just turned the stream off at that point, I think he's alright to listen to sometimes otherwise I wouldn't have even turned the stream on in the first place but that was just a reminder of how petty he is

Thats him in a nutshell, can't take any critical comment, he just blocks everyone he doesn't like.

Funny, I found the complete opposite. I criticised him and his opinion and he didn’t block me, he replied to me and we had a conversation. Maybe it’s because i was constructive and didn’t just give abuse?

“FRIENDS”
  • Argie8
    5833 posts Big Money Move
    GS13 wrote: »
    ShaunCPFC wrote: »
    Azof wrote: »

he is online and streaming games now

You trying to torture us?

rather watch him than stupid castro..

Id rather watch grass grow than someone else play fifa

Spot on, sitting and watching another human playing a video game completely baffles me, if I want to see FIFA then I will play it, why on earth would I want to watch (and donate these people money :joy:) someone else do so

Paying (essentially) to watch someone play a video game is so strange imo, i just dont get it.

You get content for free, but these people need to earn a living and can only do so by the support of their viewers. Don't see anything wrong with supporting them if you can afford it.

If you'd have asked me a couple years ago I'd have agreed with you all completely. Didnt understand it at all. Changed my opinion now though. Watching peopple play games (especially good players) is essentially like watching sports. And a lot of the time these content creators/streamers have an engaging personality too
  • Blarix
    20838 posts Club Captain
    Argie8 wrote: »

Spot on, sitting and watching another human playing a video game completely baffles me, if I want to see FIFA then I will play it, why on earth would I want to watch (and donate these people money :joy:) someone else do so

Paying (essentially) to watch someone play a video game is so strange imo, i just dont get it.

You get content for free, but these people need to earn a living and can only do so by the support of their viewers. Don't see anything wrong with supporting them if you can afford it.

If you'd have asked me a couple years ago I'd have agreed with you all completely. Didnt understand it at all. Changed my opinion now though. Watching peopple play games (especially good players) is essentially like watching sports. And a lot of the time these content creators/streamers have an engaging personality too

Watching like sports?

Give me a break
  • Jensonj67
    1668 posts Play-Off Hero
    Blarix wrote: »

Watching like sports?

Give me a break

Watching e-sports is like watching sports yes
  • Argie8

Watching like sports?

Give me a break

Tell me why its not comparable
  • Azof
    16649 posts World Class
    Baeson
  • Pauldejong6
    6725 posts Big Money Move
    Btw, incredible from Bateson to go 60-0. There is hope for all of us. ;)
  • Rutta
    6136 posts Big Money Move
    What a Goat and people can’t deny it now. 60-0?

Incredible and will subscribe to content
  • BrentfordFC
    12097 posts Has That Special Something
    Rutta wrote: »
    What a Goat and people can’t deny it now. 60-0?

Incredible and will subscribe to content

Nt sre if srs
  • Knowlesdinho
    10603 posts Has That Special Something

Watching like sports?

Give me a break

I don’t watch fifa content much, but I used to watch pros play Starcraft. I can understand the spectator side of esports.
  • Milanista28
    1173 posts Professional
    Yeah but did he play completely manual?
  • JimmyVulmer
    6170 posts Big Money Move
    Yeah but did he play completely manual?

Don’t think he’s quite that edgy
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26033 posts Player of the Year
    Bates taking over the world 🌍
  • Equinox 85
    703 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Bateson has two losses this weekend - Must be a fraud huh?? :D
  • BcfcDale88
    3731 posts National Call-Up
    Baitson
  • jpsblue
    3954 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2018

Watching like sports?

Give me a break

because watching a real sport, like football, you have a personal connection to that team. you grew up watching football, the trials/tribulations. you grew up watching teams get relegated/promoted, win the league, win the CL.

watching an e-sport, like fifa, no, you don't have any connection to that whatsoever. it's a mass manufactured video game

watching e-sports is a spectator side, no emotional attachment whatsoever. do you think have the same emotional attachment to your favourite fifa pro than you do with the football club you support? that's why it's not comparable
  • jpsblue wrote: »

Watching like sports?

Give me a break

because watching a real sport, like football, you have a personal connection to that team. you grew up watching football, the trials/tribulations. you grew up watching teams get relegated/promoted, win the league, win the CL.

watching an e-sport, like fifa, no, you don't have any connection to that whatsoever. it's a mass manufactured video game

watching e-sports is a spectator side, no emotional attachment whatsoever. do you think have the same emotional attachment to your favourite fifa pro than you do with the football club you support? that's why it's not comparable

dumb post.
  • TakeItSlow
    7355 posts Big Money Move
    jpsblue wrote: »

Watching like sports?

Give me a break

Imagine someone telling people what they have and haven’t got a connection to. It’s not about the pro’s, I watch Nick28t’s streams and a lot of people who go through rough, lonely times in their lives go to him for sanity and laughs.

Watching some of these streamers genuinely gives people a reason to live and gets them through very rough times. Wether it be Bateson, nep, nick etc. RunTheFutMarket is also a fantastic streamer.

So don’t be so ignorant in disregarding the impact it has to some people.
  • Argie8

Watching like sports?

Give me a break

No offence but this is a bad post. People have a personal connection with esport teams/players too. You realise that just because you don't have a personal connection with them doesn't mean others don't? Esports are popular for that exact reason. Why would it be limited to sports lmao
  • Retro_G
    29313 posts Player of the Year

Watching like sports?

Give me a break

Idiotic post, you do realise that Fifa eSports is in its infancy? Obviously nobody has grown up watching their favourite professional Fifa player, because the Fifa eSports scene is only starting.

• Argie8
    Retro_G wrote: »

Watching like sports?

Give me a break

Idiotic post, you do realise that Fifa eSports is in its infancy? Obviously nobody has grown up watching their favourite professional Fifa player, because the Fifa eSports scene is only starting.

Yep, look at kids nowadays. Lots of them are growing up supporting esports teams like Faze and TSM. It means just as much to them as it would us seeing our football teams do well. Esports is massive and will only get bigger.
  • Jensonj67
    1668 posts Play-Off Hero
    Bad to use fifa as an example as that’s the most irrelevant esport in the world
  • ccooaattssyy
    7904 posts League Winner
    People get way too built up on this "traditional" vs "e-sport" argument. Let people enjoy whatever they want.

As for Bateson, it is obvious that he is a good player even if he has a good team. Most people who play the game competitively do too. Blame the direction of EA in enforcing the need for 20 million+ teams to have an advantage.

Most competitive games have level playing fields. EA just want you to line their pockets first. Bravo.