impact of weak foot?

Pranav
800 posts Semi-Pro
does anyone have any idea on the impact of a 4* weak foot compared to a 5* weak foot? i read somewhere that when shooting on a 4* weak foot finishing and other shooting stats are decreased by 20% for example 80 finishing on a weak foot would be 64 finishing and apparently its 20% per star. does anyone know if this is true?

Comments

• Boomba
    837 posts Semi-Pro
    If it's timed finesse, never seen much of a difference apart from it before slower.
  • TopClass13
    1129 posts Professional
    For some cards it's huge (e.g. Benzema) , for other cards it's minimal (e.g. Suarez).

Suarez's 4* feels just a tad less effective than, say, Dembele's 5*.

But it's a long gap between his and Neymar's.

I am pretty sure it's a combination between foot skill and shooting stats.
  • Pranav
    800 posts Semi-Pro
    You guys think Rashford 4* weak foot will be noticeably worse than richarlison 5* weak foot. Currently using OTW richarlison as striker but as a united fan im looking to complete futmas Rashford and he looks better than richarlison at everything except for physical and 1 less star weak foot
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    Pranav wrote: »
    You guys think Rashford 4* weak foot will be noticeably worse than richarlison 5* weak foot. Currently using OTW richarlison as striker but as a united fan im looking to complete futmas Rashford and he looks better than richarlison at everything except for physical and 1 less star weak foot

I've not tried Rashford FUTMAS but ST Richarlison is insane.
  • nightcrawler
    593 posts An Exciting Prospect

Richarlison who? Oh you mean the man on the train :D
  • klaas9
    1207 posts Professional
    5* wf st en cam are game changing for me since fifa17
  • Renamed123456
    6198 posts Big Money Move

I use normal Rashford he seems good to me but I'm usually cutting inside and right foot finish.
  • Pranav
    800 posts Semi-Pro
    edited December 2018
    AFC_95 wrote: »

I've not tried Rashford FUTMAS but ST Richarlison is insane.

He surprised me with how good he was it seems to score a lot of goals for me as striker in a 4231 or ls in a 41212
  • Pranav
    800 posts Semi-Pro
    klaas9 wrote: »
    Currently have 3 5* weak foots in the team and it is a big help being able to shoot either foot no worries. From what I’ve seen 4* should be fine as well though

• Pranav
    800 posts Semi-Pro

I use normal Rashford he seems good to me but I'm usually cutting inside and right foot finish.

I’ll need him to cut in and finish in a 41212 but in a 4231 he needs to hit with his left and I think/hope 4* weak foot can hold up

• Cornushon
    5306 posts Big Money Move
    does anyone have any idea on the impact of a 4* weak foot compared to a 5* weak foot? i read somewhere that when shooting on a 4* weak foot finishing and other shooting stats are decreased by 20% for example 80 finishing on a weak foot would be 64 finishing and apparently its 20% per star. does anyone know if this is true?

It's true
  • klaas9
    1207 posts Professional
    Currently have 3 5* weak foots in the team and it is a big help being able to shoot either foot no worries. From what I’ve seen 4* should be fine as well though

You don’t need to think for a split second which foot. My game is based on fast & distance shooting. For me it is must have requirement. Thats why I always prefer players like KDB, Eriksen, ADP, Butre, Gullit, Neymar etc
  • Williejno1
    3114 posts National Call-Up

U would think that’s the case but somehow on this game it’s just another useless stat added to players
    When any player on any foot can curl them into top bag by double tapping a button
  • klaas9
    1207 posts Professional
    edited December 2018
    Williejno1 wrote: »

U would think that’s the case but somehow on this game it’s just another useless stat added to players
    When any player on any foot can curl them into top bag by double tapping a button

couldn’t be further from the truth, if one of the stats really matters and makes game changing difference it is 5* wf
  • Pranav
    800 posts Semi-Pro
    Cornushon wrote: »

It's true

Is there somewhere ea confirmed it?
  • Pranav
    800 posts Semi-Pro

You don’t need to think for a split second which foot. My game is based on fast & distance shooting. For me it is must have requirement. Thats why I always prefer players like KDB, Eriksen, ADP, Butre, Gullit, Neymar etc

Yeah I think 4* might be fine but in my head I might try get on to the strong foot when hitting on a 5* weak foot would be much more beneficial
  • EisenErmin
    10927 posts Has That Special Something
    89 Nedved has 5 star weak foot and it feels like 10 stars. His strong foot is worse
  • Pranav
    800 posts Semi-Pro
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    89 Nedved has 5 star weak foot and it feels like 10 stars. His strong foot is worse
    Is this because people defend his right foot more tighter or do you just score more with the left foot
  • nextqprmanager
    3615 posts National Call-Up
    funnily enough I built a cheap 5* wf team over the weekend & it plays really nice
    need to see if I can upgrade it
    nice to tun / shoot either way
    there is something in it
    any thoughts?
  • Stkyfngz
    4847 posts National Call-Up
    4* is minimal for attackers. 5 star basically means no difference?

Not sure it affects anything else other than shooting. Passing feels the same as long as you position your player properly.
  • nextqprmanager
    3615 posts National Call-Up
    Stkyfngz wrote: »
    4* is minimal for attackers. 5 star basically means no difference?

Not sure it affects anything else other than shooting. Passing feels the same as long as you position your player properly.

I dont know, I`ll persevere a little more because its nice to confuse your opponent
    atm I`m trying more players without spending too much
    but might get KDB & Eriksen in the same team ?
  • S-Dog
    2889 posts National Call-Up
    Does it really matter though? Most players just use their strong foot regardless
  • Pranav
    800 posts Semi-Pro
    S-Dog wrote: »
    Does it really matter though? Most players just use their strong foot regardless

Yeah this can be annoying amount of times I’ve tried taking a weak foot finesse and they go outside boot shot. That being said they do go in sometimes
  • FinneganFach
    2123 posts Fans' Favourite
    Probably depends on the type of finish.

Finesse and driven are pretty awful on even a 4* weak foot if you aren't careful.

But a normal shot? 4* pretty accurate.
  • Koning Spijker
    3799 posts National Call-Up
    Cornushon wrote: »

It's true

Is there somewhere ea confirmed it?

Yes. I dont know where, but a few years ago an EA-employee explained this.
  • AULERT
    1209 posts Professional
    IF ST Richarlison has 5* weak foot and bangs them in for fun. Could afford any forward but I can’t get rid of him!
  • I SiR MartY I
    9342 posts League Winner
    It used to be that that each star was 20% of the strong foot stat but that was years ago, not sure if its still the same.
  • nakamuramartin
    316 posts Sunday League Hero
    I use IF Nakajima with a 4star WF but it just feels as good as his strong foot. Absolutely ruthless.