4 million coins later, same WL rank

Furrag85
1751 posts Play-Off Hero
What's the catch? (or what's the point?)

I never really play rivals, but am in div.4. Squad battles, I was only 500 points outside the top 100 on Friday with a disconnect which would have seen my name on the leaderboard. I'm not awful, but I'm not great either.

Team 1:
Would get me Gold 2-3 consistently whilst I traded, aiming for a better squad.
t1.png

Team 2:
Traded my way to this below (players in startposition for chem). 4.3m more coins. Stacked. Ideal.

Went 10-2, losing to 2 VERY good players who annihilated me. Was thinking if this continued, I'd finally nail Gold 1. Except I went on a 7 game lose streak trying to manually defend, and even now am 13-12. With 5 games to go, I'm looking at gold 3. Pathetic!
t2.png

Comments

• CfcBlue
    3576 posts National Call-Up
    Xtc wrote: »
    becasue no matter your team, you are playing the AI and NOT your opponent. You will go as far as your ability to outsmart the AI will carry you. Nothing to do with your opponent

This plus THAT. One of my other threads is asking about the THAT
  • HektorOvTroy
    1637 posts Play-Off Hero
    I found the same.

Sold KDB, prime Keane, 88 Rijkaard, Sane the other day, will get the same result in WL.
  • Furrag85
    1751 posts Play-Off Hero
    becasue no matter your team, you are playing the AI and NOT your opponent. You will go as far as your ability to outsmart the AI will carry you. Nothing to do with your opponent

I get that, which is why I didn't really want to place any emphasis on it.

I beat some decent opposition when I went 10-2. But to then only win 3 in the next 13 is ridiculous. It's a win percentage of 83% in my first 12, to 23% in the next 13. I get that I am facing better opponents, but I was in exactly the same situation every week with a 250k squad.
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Toshevv
    922 posts Professional
    Furrag85 wrote: »

I never really play rivals, but am in div.4. Squad battles, I was only 500 points outside the top 100 on Friday with a disconnect which would have seen my name on the leaderboard. I'm not awful, but I'm not great either.

Team 1:
    t1.png

Team 2:
    Traded my way to this below (players in startposition for chem). 4.3m more coins. Stacked. Ideal.

Went 10-2, losing to 2 VERY good players who annihilated me. Was thinking if this continued, I'd finally nail Gold 1. Except I went on a 7 game lose streak trying to manually defend, and even now am 13-12. With 5 games to go, I'm looking at gold 3. Pathetic!
    t2.png

Your team is great on paper but in game it is awful

You lack height and strength and good work rates.. I bet you get destroyed on a counter or u leave a wide space without even being your fault

In important games u can cover for Messi low stamina and awful strength/height by having a beast of CDMS

For 4231 Matuida is H/H and Pogba is H/L ?
    Ramos is H/M attack

No matter their instructions sometimes those players will join attacks... You leave gigantic space in fron of your GK.. Pogba flying forward Matuidi chasing everybody and Ramos looking for goal on a counter u are left with 1 FB and one CB..

Get Defense there put cover center and protect your war zone (finesse infront your GK)

On top of it Messi cant track back and is extremely offensive player.. FElipe Anderson is decent an dMbappe but they are finesse players...

For 4231 you need rock solid CDMS with H/H M/H Workrates and stay behind.. Then have fun in attack..
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move

I beat some decent opposition when I went 10-2. But to then only win 3 in the next 13 is ridiculous. It's a win percentage of 83% in my first 12, to 23% in the next 13. I get that I am facing better opponents, but I was in exactly the same situation every week with a 250k squad.

you are facing opponent who are better at outsmarting the AI. The game is rubbish unless you enjoy that.Think about it. EVERY human player is unique, so why does every game feel the same ? They turn on what animation the AI chooses or how "assisted " your shot , pass or tackle is. Its a huge contraption designed to sell packs. The real human element is minimal
  • Theomanny
    1515 posts Play-Off Hero
    Toshevv wrote: »

Team 1:
    t1.png

Team 2:

t2.png

You lack height and strength and good work rates.. I bet you get destroyed on a counter or u leave a wide space without even being your fault

In important games u can cover for Messi low stamina and awful strength/height by having a beast of CDMS

Ramos is H/M attack

No matter their instructions sometimes those players will join attacks... You leave gigantic space in fron of your GK.. Pogba flying forward Matuidi chasing everybody and Ramos looking for goal on a counter u are left with 1 FB and one CB..

Get Defense there put cover center and protect your war zone (finesse infront your GK)

On top of it Messi cant track back and is extremely offensive player.. FElipe Anderson is decent an dMbappe but they are finesse players...

For 4231 you need rock solid CDMS with H/H M/H Workrates and stay behind.. Then have fun in attack..

Well said. I was gonna tell him the same thing but read your constructive comment. People need to understand how work rate works. People just assume Ramos is op without keeping in mind u need to understand how to use him or else will be your ruin.
  • EJND
    136 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited December 2018

I know what you mean bro!!! Its not that i start loosing, its how ... its that after 10-0 on friday, i suddenly lost 3 games in a row on staturday with more than 20 chances, opponents scored all chances they had, no jokes, one time my goalkeeper scored in his own goal, with the back of his head... why do those things suddenly start after you won a couple of games ... fed up with this...

• Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    Theomanny wrote: »

Team 1:
    t1.png

Team 2:

t2.png

Ramos is H/M attack

Well said. I was gonna tell him the same thing but read your constructive comment. People need to understand how work rate works. People just assume Ramos is op without keeping in mind u need to understand how to use him or else will be your ruin.

Stop it. Ive been stomped by teams with three CAMS with less than 40 defending in 433. Ive stomped mega meta teams. If you think its the way his team is built you are drinking EA kool aid
  • CeeQue
    10820 posts Has That Special Something
    This year i feel more satisfaction and better play overall from a cheap and more balanced team.
  • Noob_FC
    3149 posts National Call-Up
    Exactly the same thing... I am so frustrated... I have upgraded my team with Icons (No money Spent) and CR7.. Still can't win (5 consecutive) to save my life... Every other match.. i concede S**t goals... last match.. Conceded 3 S**T goals... The ball deflected from my player and keeper dived in other direction... What am I supposed to do
  • Genuinely think I would get the exact same results with a bronze team every week

Some German guy got Elite with a full Bronze squad pretty much same result as his stacked icon team

First time finesse doesn't discriminate on card colour or shooting stats, they all fly in regardless.

game isn't good this year.
  • AjaxLegends
    1725 posts Play-Off Hero
    Cruyff definitely made a difference for me. Got Gold 2 this week where I normally get Gold 3. Granted I usually stop at 14 wins, but I tried to for Gold 2 three times before and only succeeded once at the final game. Now I made it with 2 games to spare.
  • Noob_FC
    3149 posts National Call-Up
    What do i have to do to get a foul.... F**k sake... 1 foul ...
  • Chubbs
    14272 posts Has That Special Something
    Probably because you have too little defense in your team and your not that good.
  • GreezyWeezyLDN
    1323 posts Professional
    You don't play FIFA, you take part
  • PeopleReady
    1710 posts Play-Off Hero

Team 1:
    t1.png

Team 2:

t2.png

Ramos is H/M attack

Stop it. Ive been stomped by teams with three CAMS with less than 40 defending in 433. Ive stomped mega meta teams. If you think its the way his team is built you are drinking EA kool aid

• Aqeel87
    2420 posts Fans' Favourite

Team 1:
    t1.png

Team 2:

t2.png

Ramos is H/M attack

Exactly this, when EA want you to lose you lose no matter what.
  • PeopleReady
    1710 posts Play-Off Hero
    You don't play FIFA, you take part

This is one of the most accurate things I’ve read on a gaming forum.
  • Furrag85
    1751 posts Play-Off Hero

Team 1:
    t1.png

Team 2:

t2.png

Ramos is H/M attack

I was certainly surprised that people think the team is not balanced. I've previously really played attention to work rates, but this FIFA the difference is less apparent.

Ramos is superb. I've only ever seen him venture forward once in 300 games.
    Pogba gets back and defends far more than I ever thought he would.
    Messi I agree with 100%. I previously defend a lot with my CAM, but in 200 games, he hasn't even had a yellow card which says it all.

The meta has changed from the start of the game and seems more pace orientated now, but have I really strayed from the meta? :/
  • JURITO1000
    1661 posts Play-Off Hero
    i finish gold 2/3 always aswell with 300k team and 1,5 mil. team. In first 5 matches i was facing 3 icons teams (rating 89+ teams) and i beat them and when i went 6-2 i lost 6 in a row against 82 rated teams. But i dont spend cash on the game so im okay,just play the game and slowly build up my team and thats a fun for me,i would like to be top100 but i dont need to in my life :)
  • DIXON THFC
    2472 posts Fans' Favourite
    I finish gold 2/3 every week regardless of my team.
  • Williejno1
    3084 posts National Call-Up

Team 1:
    t1.png

Team 2:

t2.png

Ramos is H/M attack

Load of nonsense it seriously doesn’t make a difference I’ve had full icon defence with Keane and ballack as cdms and massive spaces still opened up whenever the ai decides it
    let’s face it unless your a pro and can beat the random bs in the game unfortunately the ai will decide the majority of results