Timed Finishing Should Go

blue166
1052 posts Professional
edited December 2018
Anyone else in agreement that this is just a silly video gameish novelty. It feels cheap to me and I don't personally feel a place for it in a "football simulation".

What are your thoughts. Should EA remove it. I see a lot of people calling for it to go and I am in agreement with them.

Comments

• I like it a lot, it adds more skill to pulling of at great shot and a risk-reward judgement to make in a potential scoring situation. Actually, in real life when players are shoting on the limit of what they can pull off just to drill in that so important goal, it often comes down to either a glorious strike or a huge mishap...I think the game portraits this beautifully with the timed finish option. I say keep it!:)
  • blue166
    1052 posts Professional
    I understand what you are saying but it is too easy to master and results in certain goals. The goalkeepers animations change upon this timed finishing being struck then the ball hits the net. No two timed touch of a button should guarantee a goal. This does that. I don't want my goalkeeper to tuck his arms in and dive because someone hit the sweet spot with double tapping a button.

That is my counter argument.
  • DarkMakoEyes
    56 posts Park Captain
    Worst thing of Timed Shot is that EA created this delay between button taps so players had time to use it and whether you don't want to use it still takes 1-2 seconds to hit the ball on a regular shot.

As @Butatista said, is skilled rewarding but problem is there is no consistency in the game. Even though you hit green, shots are still affected by randomness of the game. EA call it "Error Impact".
  • bacchus
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    errmm..just turn it off mate if you dont like it. Simple. I love it. It is like the real thing - in football there are a number of scuffed shots and then suddenly booommm someone (usually a good player) connects and its a beauty..
  • Rossi1000
    525 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Needs to go way too Arcady
  • Blueboy_969
    48 posts Park Captain
    No this is not skill. You can dominate your opponent all game and all it takes is one chance for potm hazard to execute one chance and one timed finish goal. It's easier to score than a one on one and the only shot someone will take when they are desperate. Cheap as hell
  • DarkMakoEyes
    56 posts Park Captain
    bacchus wrote: »
    errmm..just turn it off mate if you dont like it. Simple. I love it. It is like the real thing - in football there are a number of scuffed shots and then suddenly booommm someone (usually a good player) connects and its a beauty..

Even if is turned off, there is still a delay between the command and the action.
  • Argentus
    672 posts An Exciting Prospect
    If you are a manual defender, you should have all the tools in your arsenal to prevent opponents from getting off timed finesse. If they still score it, fair play to them. I use it when there is no delay, and it is still not a guaranteed goal.
  • blue166
    1052 posts Professional
    Argentus wrote: »
    If you are a manual defender, you should have all the tools in your arsenal to prevent opponents from getting off timed finesse. If they still score it, fair play to them. I use it when there is no delay, and it is still not a guaranteed goal.

If they don't remove it I would like to see further added error to it.
  • Owyn
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Timed finishing is ruining the whole game... how can people be in favor of a system that can make 5 long shots per game go in the back of the net? It’s way too easy which makes players abuse it. I really hope EA removes it or at least changes it, because this is the worst fifa until now imo
  • blue166
    1052 posts Professional
    Timed Finishing causing goalkeepers to not stretch their arms out properly and let the ball go in...

Do we really need a double tap to score? Seems like an early 2000s EA gimmick. My worry is the rainbow trail on replays for free kick goals could be reintroduced at this rate. Control the player off the ball... I moved to PES first time when that lark was introduced in FIFA 2004. Let's not go this route EA

@EA_ANDY
  • Elvisreus
    229 posts Sunday League Hero
    Timed finishing is not about the skills, it's about the lag and input delay.
    The only way ea can implement it is when the gameplay is no longer be lag anymore.
    Right now I feel timed finishing is just like the luck, when you are fortunate enough you will get a good timed shot.

And I really hate they changed low driven shot to such a complicated combination. It's not a problem when it initially is in this way, but it's problematic when they used the easier way to do this commend in fifa18 and changed it for timed finishing.

It takes people's time to get used to it.
  • Although I like the idea of timed finish but there is a downside to it, if you master it it becomes too easy to score even if you are very far from the goal, sometimes you play better but your opponent tries his luck with a very faaaarr timed finish and it is in which makes no since either from the angle he took the shot or the distance, and it is in, I think it needs more adjustment to it to make it more realistic
  • stadironin
    21 posts Last Pick at the Park
    blue166 wrote: »
    I understand what you are saying but it is too easy to master and results in certain goals. The goalkeepers animations change upon this timed finishing being struck then the ball hits the net. No two timed touch of a button should guarantee a goal. This does that. I don't want my goalkeeper to tuck his arms in and dive because someone hit the sweet spot with double tapping a button.

That is my counter argument.

The problem isn't timed finishing which is perfect invention because it's exactly how the real football works. The problem is the goalies.