I Like EA...Kinda

ppeetteerr11
1041 posts Professional
A lot of issues out there, I know. But none of you guys think that it’s a lot better than what it was? Let me point out some things I’ve noticed

SBC’s
What are the common problems with SBC’s? Too expensive? Stats not worth it? Well their stats are competitive with what most people can afford. Sterling POTM does not blow Son out of the water but it competes. Some would rather have one over the other, or someone could perform better with one and not the other. Plus it changes it up a bit.

Too expensive? Well now you have 2 income streams instead of one by solely playing the game. And you guys want SBC’s to be cheaper? Compared to last year’s prices let’s say they’ve gone up on an average cost of...30-40%? And that could be pushing it. Somewhat reasonable or excusable for them to seem inflated and over priced.

Could the structuring of the requirements, stat boosts, etc be done better? Absolutely. But to start tweaking things mid cycle when it’s already too short is too risky. They could literally break the game as sad as that sounds lol. When programming, small changes could have major effects on other things.

With that being said I don’t think based off of what I know personally, that EA should have any excuse to do better given the resources at their disposal.

As a side note, I think POTM Sterling is a good SBC based off of two things:

The rewards and the cards in packs right now. If you’re gonna do it, do it now.

Comments

• CarpeDiem
    1523 posts Play-Off Hero
    The issue I have with the Sterling is it's the exact same price as his UCL live card which will be the same rating but tradeable and likely to end up with a few more upgrades.

If you want him that much buy that and you can sell it later on or get an 88+ version if city go to the next round.
  • IxToMxI
    5495 posts Big Money Move
    CarpeDiem wrote: »
    The issue I have with the Sterling is it's the exact same price as his UCL live card which will be the same rating but tradeable and likely to end up with a few more upgrades.

If you want him that much buy that and you can sell it later on or get an 88+ version if city go to the next round.

The UCL card won’t be better until like the end of February / early March.

Qualify 87 (incoming)
    Progress through round of 16 (88)
    Need to progress from Quarter final to be better which is ages away
  • ppeetteerr11
    1041 posts Professional
    CarpeDiem wrote: »

One is RW, the other LW.

I didn’t want this thread to be focused on Sterling, i just used him as an example.