Another dead marquee matchups

Andyw19_88
469 posts Sunday League Hero
Who the **** is creating these, was looking forward to futmas but these dlck heads are just clueless to what people want.

They are so far away from what the customer wants it's embarrassing someone hand these Muppets their P45!

Comments

• Alexrb89
    3453 posts National Call-Up
    Andyw19_88 wrote: »
    Who the **** is creating these, was looking forward to futmas but these dlck heads are just clueless to what people want.

They are so far away from what the customer wants it's embarrassing someone hand these Muppets their P45!

Yeh I think they have lost touch with their consumer base. I’m bored of the game now. I’m not playing wl this weekend as I’m just fed up with packing absolute gash every Thursday. I don’t want it to be randomized, I want to be able to guarantee certain players for my efforts or otherwise what is the point. The cards you get from player picks are u tradeable anyway so they have no market value, and packwoeght is so dreadful that you never pack anything if value from the tradeable rewards.
  • Porsgaard85
    913 posts Professional
    did it and highest rated from all packs was 80 rated Sakho. and thats just... MEH...
  • MojoJojo
    209 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    They've basically decided to remove worthwhile rewards and difficult requirements from MM, to make sure nobody profits from potential investments.
  • BrieMine
    5646 posts Big Money Move
    Well you’re guaranteed profit now even if it’s small it’s still profit
  • JV24601
    897 posts Professional
    Alexrb89 wrote: »

Yeh I think they have lost touch with their consumer base. I’m bored of the game now. I’m not playing wl this weekend as I’m just fed up with packing absolute gash every Thursday. I don’t want it to be randomized, I want to be able to guarantee certain players for my efforts or otherwise what is the point. The cards you get from player picks are u tradeable anyway so they have no market value, and packwoeght is so dreadful that you never pack anything if value from the tradeable rewards.

In exactly the same situation.
    Have a completely free weekend but I’m not playing it. Instead I’ll put a good dent in R2D2.
    Not a single walkout from my weekend league and div rivals packs (div 4 rank 1 and gold 1-3) in 10 weeks is a sure fire way to sicken somebody off.

The game is beyond a joke
  • SuperSonicSean
    5933 posts Big Money Move
    Got nothing, but I did pull VVD (why on Earth is he over 100K?!), Benatia, and Ribery from a single jumbo premium gold pack from Rivals rewards today.
  • hayhor1
    14219 posts Has That Special Something
    While I agree the MMs have sucked the guys whining about their rewards for playing a game is funny. They don't have to give you anything.
  • Dutch3723
    547 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Don’t forget this is to stop the investors making profit. Great rewards in past = investors buying key cards = stupid prices (eg for a bronze player from a specific club). Mediocre and rubbish rewards have stopped that and allowed more people to easily complete. Same for league sbcs - remember in past Suarez, KDB (wasn’t he 94 rated last year?) etc... made them super expensive. League abc Players this year are extremely average...limiting investors time / effort... but more accessible to all which seems to be what ea want.
  • Footfan
    2600 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2018
    Marquee matchups are like doing the advanced sbcs. They are much much cheaper to complete than buying the packs, which means you are gauranteed profit even if you dont get lucky. I got Sergio Ramos from the 25k pack in UCL marquee matchups.
  • JV24601
    897 posts Professional
    hayhor1 wrote: »
    While I agree the MMs have sucked the guys whining about their rewards for playing a game is funny. They don't have to give you anything.

I'm perfectly aware they don't have to give you anything, but it's still annoying when you get nothing of any significance whatsoever for 10 weeks of decent play.

I take it you're the type of person who is just happy to be playing the game when no walkout or no board appears. You just think ah well, I still love this game and don't understand these people who complain at their rewards.
  • JV24601
    897 posts Professional
    Dutch3723 wrote: »
    Don’t forget this is to stop the investors making profit. Great rewards in past = investors buying key cards = stupid prices (eg for a bronze player from a specific club). Mediocre and rubbish rewards have stopped that and allowed more people to easily complete. Same for league sbcs - remember in past Suarez, KDB (wasn’t he 94 rated last year?) etc... made them super expensive. League abc Players this year are extremely average...limiting investors time / effort... but more accessible to all which seems to be what ea want.

So why don't they just scrap it if that was their intention? Instead of offering rubbish packs that you can open in the store instead?
  • Wz000
    177 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The whole point of more sbcs their year is to have the consumers buy more FP. The more cards that are rinsed though sbc the less players on the market the more people will buy FP fo packs. It’s all just greed now.
  • Dutch3723
    547 posts An Exciting Prospect
    JV24601 wrote: »
    Dutch3723 wrote: »

So why don't they just scrap it if that was their intention? Instead of offering rubbish packs that you can open in the store instead?

I think because it rinses your club...enticing you to buy FP... = massive win for EA. It just doesn't seem as good on our end but despite the understandable moans at our end, EA's revenue stream just keeps on increasing.
  • Rossco160715
    2136 posts Fans' Favourite
    Totally agree. The marquees have been utterly horrendous all year.
  • hayhor1
    edited December 2018

I'm perfectly aware they don't have to give you anything, but it's still annoying when you get nothing of any significance whatsoever for 10 weeks of decent play.

I take it you're the type of person who is just happy to be playing the game when no walkout or no board appears. You just think ah well, I still love this game and don't understand these people who complain at their rewards.

The point of a video game is to play it so yes I am happy playing. Then when I pack Pogba, Ramos, Courtois and others it's just a nice surprise and added bonus! And yes I've packed all of them from Rivals untradeables.
  • JV24601
    897 posts Professional

The point of a video game is to play it so yes I am happy playing. Then when I pack Pogba, Ramos, Courtois and others it's just a nice surprise and added bonus! And yes I've packed all of them from Rivals untradeables.

Then well done to you!

I can't quite get to that nice level of wellbeing when my best player packed from every single reward this year has been David Luiz.
  • Mmandras
    1728 posts Play-Off Hero
    Why exactly do you consider MM to be dead?

You are almost guaranteed to make a profit from every single one + have a small chance to pull something great.
  • Carlton_Legend
    303 posts Sunday League Hero
    Paid off for me pulling this while on the train to Glasgow ☺️
    2vulpwz.jpg
  • Xguti002
    1998 posts Fans' Favourite
    Marquee matchups never really had any good rewards either last year until later in February or so when they started having prime players packs as a reward.
  • Dixie81
    124 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited December 2018
    Some of my best pulls have come from MM this year
    Isco
    ter Stegen
    And
    Insigne X2
  • hayhor1
    Dixie81 wrote: »
    Isco
    ter Stegen
    And
    Insigne X2

And? who is that?
  • Andyw19_88
    469 posts Sunday League Hero
    Isco
    ter Stegen
    And
    Insigne X2

And? who is that?

I'd be pretty annoyed with any of them tbh all letdown walkouts
  • Jobiwan
    3047 posts National Call-Up
    My best pulls have come from mm too.
    Got ramos and totgs alba...
  • hayhor1
    Isco
    ter Stegen
    And
    Insigne X2

And? who is that?

I'd be pretty annoyed with any of them tbh all letdown walkouts

Even And?
  • Demon_reborn
    2691 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have packed pogba and kante from mm.

its the small prime gold players pack man.... op as hell.
  • Kulman
    360 posts Sunday League Hero
    I packed And twice this year already
  • Chavez76
    2495 posts Fans' Favourite
    And is my best player by far, he is keeping CR7 and R9 on the bench. Scored 1700 goals in 12 matches.
    Only player that has a 6* WF as well on game.
  • Kulman
    360 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited December 2018
    Chavez76 wrote: »
    And is my best player by far, he is keeping CR7 and R9 on the bench. Scored 1700 goals in 12 matches.
    Only player that has a 6* WF as well on game.

Is he really that good. Dont have And at the moment but might get him from MM later today.
    Maybe even Futmas And
    And.png
  • munchie63
    2848 posts Fans' Favourite

Bragging or tongue up cheeks time mate

Singing EAs tune today
  • lastfifa
    1593 posts Play-Off Hero
    Pulled if Ings and three silver montpellier players from marquees.

Finished montpellier sbc and pulled Bale.. my best nif pull since starting this.