How is career mode this year?

TheArchitect
938 posts Professional
Giving up on FUT as all SBC's and rewards are pretty much dead for me.
Can any of you give me a short summary.

Comments

• It was ok until the latest update where they’ve completely knackered the overall ratings of players.
  • Martlaa wrote: »
    It was ok until the latest update where they’ve completely knackered the overall ratings of players.

Pretty much this. Last patch broke the game and it's unplayable right now.
  • TheArchitect
    938 posts Professional
    edited December 2018
    omg so they managed to destroyed every game mode
  • Steffolovitch
    110 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited December 2018
    omg so they managed to destroyed every game mode

To be honest, I enjoy playing Career Mode, but I am also a very big fan of the Career Mode and doesn't play FUT or online modes at all.

But there are a lot of issues that need to be fixed for this game and for future games as well. For instance, you can easily sign star players for your team if you have enough wealth. It doesn't bother a player like Rabiot to sign for your club, even though you play in the second tier somewhere or in a scandinavian league, for instance. I don't think it should be impossible to make these unrealistic transfers, but it should definitely be harder than it is and require more persuasion.

And lately, EA has smashed players' overall rating (occurs after ONE season), so you cannot really count on stats anymore. In my game, for instance, in my second season, Lukaku is shown as 89 rated in the menus, but when I play a match and make substitutions, he will be listed with a rating of 88, and in the training menu as well. I really hope EA will fix this! A players' overall rating should be the same in the menus, as when playing games, and in the training menus. Which it is NOT right now. And it shouldn't just drop after one season, as it does now, even with young players.

At first, I thought the game was now unplayable, but I have convinced myself that I should not let it ruin my game. But my OCD is NOT happy, when my players' ratings appear to be so random! ;)
  • MOES98
    74 posts Park Captain
    If you liked the career mode in fifa 16, you'll probably like it in this game too, because its exactly the same. Not one new feature.
  • mfmaxpower
    59 posts Park Captain
    It's pretty poor. Biggest issue for me is that if you're anywhere decent online, CM gameplay is WAY too easy. Even on Ultimate, creating chances against the CPU is silly easy.

• Raisetheroof
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park
    If it's not FUT, then it probably isn't worked on very much and it sucks.

That might be a bit over the top, but basically player career mode is like that. Our players still only start at 20 years old. Bugs exist involving best players being benched, not being called up to international team at all, and taking freekicks with your weak foot (and not able to switch).

And amazingly, despite PES doing this for the past 10 years, FIFA still doesn't let our players get subbed on. It's either we start, or we don't play at all. Thanks to FUT and the profit it's giving EA, they completely ignore an important aspect to the game that means the whole world to a large portion of its fanbase.