Drop Ins.

Out of morbid fascination this but what is it that causes old and young mostly men (presumably??) to act like little girls when choosing either to opt for the home or the away side in the lobby prior to a drop in match?
In a way I can kind of at least partially understand the ‘I’m not clicking ready till you click ready’ thing and even the ‘look how hilarious and zany I am going from one side to the other and then back again’. I don’t appreciate it but I can imagine how in their head it is a kind of one man protest or incredibly funny respectively but not choosing either side baffles me. What is it they are waiting for?

As if it isn’t a tedious enough experience once you are actually in and playing. I say playing, it is usually more a case of watching them franticly chase the ball around like kids tend to in real life when playing. Just a mass of bodies, moving as one, and going roughly wherever the ball goes. Because everyone knows football is a game involving 22 individuals who are a team of one and where Fifa is concerned the actual game is a matter of each team/individual retaining possession of the ball for as long as possible, this usually involves a lengthy succession of unnecessary skill moves, then re-joining the throng chasing it once lost. And repeat, over and over again, until the final whistle, left to only wonder why no one befriends you afterwards and wants you to join their club. : (

Comments

• Custard Musket,
    What’s up?
    Forgive me if am little confusing with my communication. I understand your comments about lobby issues with Drop-In, I have been playing FIFA (Soccer/Football) on the video game for quite some time and I never knew FIFA had Drop-In (paranoias of online) until FIFA 18.
    Anyways my point is feel or understand what you calling out, I have noticed and even more which I will not elaborate on with that said; Drop-In FIFA 19 I have played quite a few Pro Club games, from my past owned ClubHouse and my current one right now.
    Drop-In is great way to see who (for me) understand the concept of a football match and answer some recruiters question. Are they patient, keep inappropriate comments silent, and l assist a team mate who make multiple mistakes..?

Well I like it very much, I learned to keep my mic off most time, I have a medical set back (do things long way) and it’s brutal in the Drop-In lobby. It’s a virtual tool to teach you how to respond and not react in some instances.

I cannot tell you how many times I have been called “Trash”, oh boy. FYI: I will never join an Pro Club House, unless I really know that individual(s).

I like to know I help players and they to me too.
    Thanks to my friends they help out..
  • If your experiences of playing drop in games has been in any way positive all I can tell you is you are a very, very lucky guy. I’ve played many and the vast majority are a complete shambles.

More often than not the reasons/some of the reasons for this are as follows.

The general demographic isn’t exactly a great one. Smack talking and insulting others is common place. I’m removed from the situation… not being there in person means there are no come backs on me, which means I can virtually be as tough as the next guy, meaning I can and will say whatever I like. Racism, homophobia, general verbalised filth. You name it I’ve heard it all.

Young guys, teens, and younger boys often like nothing more than being annoying and this is a great chance to be just that. For many of them fun is ruining someone else’s fun.

The world’s worst DJ’s. I have a Mic I have music… surely everyone else wants to listen to my music, won’t they?

Guys with really poor ratings insist on taking positions like ST and/or CAM who either do not know what they are doing or realising their VP can’t yet do what they want it to do.

Players with a half decent rated VP think they are a Fifa God and as a result they must control the game single handed and take on the entire opposing side. I get the ball and hold it until I lose it, wash and repeat. I’m not sure but think these players are convinced they’ll get a better match rating if they retain possession. It’s as though for them passing is somehow a sign of weakness.

Many players have convinced themselves pointless skill moves will give them a higher match rating. And when I say pointless I mean pointless. If there’s no one near you why are you spinning around in circles?

Where is the ball… wherever it is, I must be there. Positions shmitions. My VP is everything and everywhere. He’s a striker and a CAM and a CDM and a defender. My VP is tired I don’t understand it.

The quintessentially original kicking the ball in to your own net, obviously. This tends to be down to a baby like mentality of not getting your own way. I did not get what I want and can’t stand in the corner and sulk because I will get kicked so I’ll just ruin it for everyone else.

Need I go on?
  • Xxcdhxx
    79 posts Park Captain
    Oh yea in a drop in you can always expect a few deliberate own goals in an evening of a few matches. Or for the other people on the team to be complete failures who can mess up simple things.

If you do go into a drop in match, I suggest backing out before the match starts if your team looks like trash or you have a 80 rated CAM playing as your GK...

I wouldn't expect to have an enjoyable time there lol
  • SquallPT
    45 posts Park Captain
    @Custard Musket is right, all those things happens a lot since... forever.
    The funny thing is, the first few days, when the pros are weak, drop ins are not bad.
    But after a few weeks of training , the afro shows up, "69" on the shirt and off they go :smiley:
  • Skinner249
    428 posts Sunday League Hero
    I've just jumped on to the ps4 and struggling to find a club due to low VP rating, so having to endure this absolute shambles of drop ins.

Impossible to rank up quickly and AMR suffers heavily, so won't find a club for sure! 8.5 amr on Xbox after 900 games, 7.2 on ps4 after 13 games. What didn't help, was the one game I played in an actual club, I had to play cm in a 4312 and it wanted me at RB so I was on a 2.2, i just quit. Awful.
  • For some strange reason you can't rank up in drop ins any longer mate.
  • Xxcdhxx
    79 posts Park Captain
    Skinner249 wrote: »
    I've just jumped on to the ps4 and struggling to find a club due to low VP rating, so having to endure this absolute shambles of drop ins.

Impossible to rank up quickly and AMR suffers heavily, so won't find a club for sure! 8.5 amr on Xbox after 900 games, 7.2 on ps4 after 13 games. What didn't help, was the one game I played in an actual club, I had to play cm in a 4312 and it wanted me at RB so I was on a 2.2, i just quit. Awful.

That just totally sucks.
    EA clearly don't care about Pro Club players as they should have sorted these annoying bugs by now...
  • RobRokk
    57 posts Park Captain
    On a sidetopic... Why have screen where to choose side , where u cant see levels or position??? Then have go to another where u suddenly can see levels and position, and every1 fight for that sihgle striker or cam pos, and wait yet another 30 seconds... Wouldnt it be better to just have a single window where u do all your choices and then startthe match?
  • I can't quite understand what it is 79 rated players are doing in drops ins now at all or what they think they'll do in a match, six and seven months after release date, when most have already levelled up, other than embarrass themselves. With the best will in the world their VP can’t do what they want it to and even if it did they can’t level up in a drop in. They know they’re going to be the weak link yet still put themselves in important positions.

When it was released recently and everyone is on a level playing field – yes.

When you could level up in drop ins – yes.

But now?
  • Skinner249
    428 posts Sunday League Hero
    RobRokk wrote: »
    On a sidetopic... Why have screen where to choose side , where u cant see levels or position??? Then have go to another where u suddenly can see levels and position, and every1 fight for that sihgle striker or cam pos, and wait yet another 30 seconds... Wouldnt it be better to just have a single window where u do all your choices and then startthe match?

Up until fifa 12 (I think), the ready up lobby used to show a players position, AMR, rating and whether they were a free agent, all in a little slide show under their name. Used to be really good to get invites for a club, looking for good players that were stuck doing drop ins and knowing what sort of game you were entering.

No idea why they got rid of it.