Hitting The Post!

JRM1984
103 posts Has Potential To Be Special
So I've always noticed an excessive amount of times in FIFA 19 where a player's shot hits the post. Last night I played a game against my housmate on kick-off with 20 minute halves - we counted that I hit the post 12 times in 1 game, that's not including the fact my housemate also hit the post a few times.

I know this has previously been fed back on this very forum, is anything being done to correct this EA? @EA_Andy

Comments

• mmm1080
    64 posts Park Captain
    Could it be caused by the nerved finesse shots with the latest patch?
  • blue166
    601 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Sadly this game isn't really designed to play beyond 6minute halves per game. When you start to play longer the real life aspect of chances created etc... per game falls out the window.

Playing longer just makes the game even more unrealistic.
  • JRM1984
    edited December 2018
    blue166 wrote: »
    Sadly this game isn't really designed to play beyond 6minute halves per game. When you start to play longer the real life aspect of chances created etc... per game falls out the window.

Playing longer just makes the game even more unrealistic.

I do realise this, of course this is the case as it's a sim - but this never used to happen in old versions of FIFA. It's almost like certain things have has been programmed into the game deliberately to attempt to create 'drama'. Aside from the example of way to higher % of shots hitting the post, we have kick off goals glitch where your defence drops super deep and becomes useless after kick off and a huge amount of 90th minute goals. Seems like EA have tried to program the game to favor come backs and drama.
  • In pro clubs, the other night we had 15 shots in one half, scored 3 hit the post 12 times, which includes the cross bar. Since the update the ball does seem to be hitting the post or crossbar a lot more, on both finesse and laces
  • Jonboyparker
    4410 posts National Call-Up
    Been hitting the post on GREEN all night which is odd. I must be having in average 4 a game. Think My players are on strike :D Lost some game due to it too and been on top for some of them. Annoying but oh well...
  • JRM1984
    @EA_Andy lots of player's reporting the same thing, something else for you guys to look into.
  • Dollenjwz
    67 posts Park Captain
    There is no issue with hitting the post. You need to aim your shots and not just smashing all buttons at the same time hoping it goes in
  • COLD-187
    1551 posts Play-Off Hero
    I got with 5 tines in 1 game with Zlatan doing Josef MVP last night
  • PeopleReady
    1710 posts Play-Off Hero
    Dollenjwz wrote: »
    There is no issue with hitting the post. You need to aim your shots and not just smashing all buttons at the same time hoping it goes in

Awesome advice there killer
  • Skboseph
    318 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yeah I hit post 6 times in ot my opponent beat me 2-1 w 3 shots on target I had 11
  • Jonboyparker
    edited December 2018
    HIt the post 9 times with my MLS team in 1 game. Ok, I can understand that a bit due to the team. But i lost 3-2 when i was winning 2-0. The other player had 5 shots to my 21. We had the same team almost!!! :D :D :D :D :D
  • Omar.aljanaby
    659 posts An Exciting Prospect
    yesterday, I hit the post at least 25 times!! The goal is empty and players keep hitting the post and the bar!!! I turned off!! I thought the patch will improve the game but it was the opposite!!!
  • blue166
    601 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited December 2018
    The woodwork does get hit waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy toooooooooooo often!!!! EA need to seriously tone this down. If I am going to miss I would rather the shots go a wisker wide more then hitting woodwork too often.

@EA_andy > This does need addressing please.
  • Just want to add another voice to the above.

In my view, prior versions of FIFA have already had too much hitting the woodwork compared to that we see in the actuality of the game when played. You can argue that was tolerable and added to the fun factor of the game. But in FIFA 19, there are regular instances when hitting the woodwork multiple times can be a big feature in determining the outcome of a game, and there is little in terms of player skill which distinguishes between the shot which goes in versus the one which hits the post. That just introduces randomness into the game which is not fun at all.

So tweak the coding so less frequency of hitting the woodwork. Please.

• JRM1984
    Same story again, played last night and had 7 shots hit the post in 1 game @EA_Andy
  • flcinusa
    402 posts Sunday League Hero
    Also, how come we don't get replays at the end of a game for shots that hit the woodwork?
  • elwrecko
    408 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yeah post galore last night me amd opponents loads
  • DanValletta
    460 posts Sunday League Hero
    It's gotten to the point where I have to laugh. I hit the post they go down the other end get tackled by Ramos varane and a CDM but still retain the ball. They shoot but I manage to block it. But it lands at their feet.
    They are mashing shoot so red timed finish flies in off the bar.

I just literally laugh now. It's that pathetic.

I question my own wins now
  • Zidane11
    175 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    This is a setting(missed shots!) EA needs to adjust!!
  • Redmob
    75 posts Park Captain
    It's gotten to the point where I have to laugh. I hit the post they go down the other end get tackled by Ramos varane and a CDM but still retain the ball. They shoot but I manage to block it. But it lands at their feet.

Totally. I can’t believe that curled finesse shots are more accurate than clear headers from the 6, which are invariably saved by keepers in dramatic style with a 90% success rate.
  • Jonboyparker
    edited December 2018
    Redmob wrote: »

Totally. I can’t believe that curled finesse shots are more accurate than clear headers from the 6, which are invariably saved by keepers in dramatic style with a 90% success rate.

I have a little chuckle most games now. The amount of tap in missed and shots hitting the post is crazy. I mean, yes it happens and yes I’m sure we have games when our opponent hits the post so much that saves us and we scrape a win (probably undeserved). But come on EA, we need more control. Games are sometime won on a flip of a coin.