That feeling when...

D3ATHSQUAD
2984 posts National Call-Up
edited December 2018
You've played every Weekend League this year to Gold 3 or Gold 2 and your best red card is 84 rated. Then you come up against someone in Division 5 who theoretically is the same skill level and they have an 86 Cancelo, 89 Eriksen and a 90 Chiellini (all red cards) in their squad.

Either my luck is complete ****, theirs is ridiculously good... or they are an Elite WL player sandbagging down in Division 5 for rewards. After seeing them play I am guessing the latter.

Either way I think I might be skipping WL from now on... Thank god I am taking three weeks off the game soon for vacation. Will need to re-evaluate when I get back.

Comments

• Cantona84
    7498 posts League Winner
    D3ATHSQUAD wrote: »
    You've played every Weekend League this year to Gold 3 or Gold 2 and your best red card is 84 rated. Then you come up against someone in Division 5 who theoretically is the same skill level and they have an 86 Cancelo, 89 Eriksen and a 90 Chiellini in their squad.

Either my luck is complete ****, theirs is ridiculously good... or they are an Elite WL player sandbagging down in Division 5 for rewards. After seeing them play I am guessing the latter.

Either way I think I might be skipping WL from now on... Thank god I am taking three weeks off the game soon for vacation. Will need to re-evaluate when I get back.

You know man. This is a game. It’s for having fun. Should be no need to evaluate and take it very serious.
  • Azof
    16417 posts World Class
    Cantona84 wrote: »
    You've played every Weekend League this year to Gold 3 or Gold 2 and your best red card is 84 rated. Then you come up against someone in Division 5 who theoretically is the same skill level and they have an 86 Cancelo, 89 Eriksen and a 90 Chiellini in their squad.

You know man. This is a game. It’s for having fun. Should be no need to evaluate and take it very serious.

That seems lost on most on here, they torture themselves playing a game they dont enjoy for red cards they arent going to use
  • Massman
    186 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    same boat man
    played every wl since the start of the game
    finish every week gold1/2
    and get **** picks every single week
  • Cadey 5
    10392 posts Has That Special Something
    I did't get a single walkout red outside of TOTS for FIFA 17 or 18, Just remember at least this year WL gives you Rivals point so you earn double the rewards.
  • iBarçaBoy
    1565 posts Play-Off Hero
    It's all luck mate.
    Just packed prime Cruyff in my division rivals pack...
  • Ghotti
    2502 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2018
    last year you had to play as i remember 4x WL with g3 to get g3 monthly and pickup 3? red cards as monthly rewards now you can pickup 8 card per month with s1/g3 and people still complaining its all about luck nothing more some people will get kante and salah in 1 pick some of them ghoulam and sidnei as me for example ... still better then last year.
  • Knowlesdinho
    10185 posts Has That Special Something
    Azof wrote: »
    Cantona84 wrote: »

That seems lost on most on here, they torture themselves playing a game they dont enjoy for red cards they arent going to use

And when they get them and lose to you, they blame it on vodoo!
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26031 posts Player of the Year
    I’ve had 2 red walkouts since champs began, obviously not including tots.

Robben on 17 and Salah on 18.

I’ve played to at least gold 3 every weekend apart from 2 when I was on holiday, and 1 a few weeks back when I forgot to qualify.
  • YOLOT0URE
    6949 posts Big Money Move
  • BiigDee
    4332 posts National Call-Up
    The rewards are poor, gameplay is even worse. Feels like I’m kicking a bouncy ball around the field today with a mind of its own. Sod the game and enjoy your holiday
  • hjdjydyufu
    7506 posts League Winner
    You've played every Weekend League this year to Gold 3 or Gold 2 and your best red card is 84 rated. Then you come up against someone in Division 5 who theoretically is the same skill level and they have an 86 Cancelo, 89 Eriksen and a 90 Chiellini (all red cards) in their squad.

Wow dude. I feel the exact same way and I've not pulled anything above 83 myself from Gold 2 or Gold 3. @D3ATHSQUAD

Are we cursed?
  • Currieman
    4920 posts National Call-Up
    Dunno what it is but I enjoy the format of WL and trying to better myself. That’s why I play it, the rewards are just a bonus.

I usually get a load of absolute toilet in my red player picks and also haven’t had anything above an 84 on 19 so far so I feel your pain but it’s all just luck. Play WL if you enjoy it and just don’t expect anything decent from the rewards. Otherwise you are always gonna be disappointed.
  • Edu
    6572 posts Big Money Move
    Last weekend i plaid mu first and probably the last weekend league.
    So annoying play this, all BS happens.
    Everything I dislike on this game happens.
    People waste time, rebound goals, over time, PK without the assistant.

Sometimes it make me sick
  • Pauldejong6
    6725 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2018

I have 18 red cards from gold2-elite2 finishes. Got 85 Fahrmann-Valeri-Mata is highest but pretty much useless picks.
    I feel the same, run up against great reds all the time.
    Last year I finished elite 1 monthly die 3 months. That was 3x 20 tots never got anyone really good.
    Its like getting punched in the face.
  • Bbbbbbbb
    502 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Auba. Thauvin. Suso. Dembele. Bakayoko. Nani.

That’s all my 83+. Gotta admit. I could get poor for the year of the year and still have done well
  • Reus
    22443 posts Club Captain
    If reds are the reason you play there isn't much point going past 14 or 17 wins

Just comes down to luck like all packs
  • I just aim for any silver 1 or 2 and stop. You can get the same luck and for me it's not worth slaving over.

Once it stops being fun or have had too much of the extreme playstyles, I'll start playing rivals and work on that because the coin rewards for tier 1 or 2 are pretty good. Especially from Div. 6 and up
  • Reus
    22443 posts Club Captain
    Really if you finish elite 3 or higher your picks should be 83+ guaranteed

And 81+ for gold 3 or higher
  • nitraw
    2079 posts Fans' Favourite
    and this is why i dont do weekend league anymore. too frustrating and the pay off isnt worth it. i'll just play rivals and not get stressed out.

• DutyHarry
    4906 posts National Call-Up
    nitraw wrote: »
    and this is why i dont do weekend league anymore. too frustrating and the pay off isnt worth it. i'll just play rivals and not get stressed out.

Bruh, I dunno what division you're in, but to me rivals is more stressfull than WL.