Inactivity Glitch?

Orikoru
10712 posts Has That Special Something
Last night I was playing UT, and my mate sent me a chat invite because we were going to play Pro Clubs after. I conceded a goal and took the opportunity to press middle button while he was celebrating, and accept the invite, put my headset on and stuff. Went back to the game and it says I've been booted out for inactivity?? It took me about 7 seconds, wtf? Is this a new glitch or something?

Comments

• Pieman25
    15419 posts World Class
    That isn't a glitch, it has been standard for a while now.
  • Cornushon
    4364 posts National Call-Up
    Everything for convenience of the customers. Well done EA.
  • Orikoru
    Pieman25 wrote: »

Sorry, no, I don't think so. I've accepted chat invites mid-game lots of times. How can you be deemed inactive after only a few seconds? I thought it was like a minute or half a minute at least?
  • Pieman25
    15419 posts World Class
    Orikoru wrote: »

Sorry, no, I don't think so. I've accepted chat invites mid-game lots of times. How can you be deemed inactive after only a few seconds? I thought it was like a minute or half a minute at least?

I think you've like 3 seconds to return once you've dashboarded or it's a forfeit. Ive done it on PS and came back after a second with the counter started and then it disappears.
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • the_pack_king
    465 posts Sunday League Hero
    I found this out the hard way myself OP, once again the 99%+ get punished for the -1%
  • Orikoru

I think you've like 3 seconds to return once you've dashboarded or it's a forfeit. Ive done it on PS and came back after a second with the counter started and then it disappears.

But that is absolutely ridiculous. How can that be right? That's stupid. It should at least be the same length as an in-game pause. What if I'd have actually paused the game and then gone and accepted the chat invite, would it have given me longer then?
  • Its 15 seconds i believe so that means you are a bit slow haha
  • Orikoru
    ROYTASTICx wrote: »
    Its 15 seconds i believe so that means you are a bit slow haha

About the same time as it takes the other guy to celebrate and watch the replay then. It should be 30 seconds at least.
  • Stejens
    194 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Happened to me a couple of times. Only way around it is to pause game, sort your invite, then carry on.
  • Orikoru
    Stejens wrote: »
    Happened to me a couple of times. Only way around it is to pause game, sort your invite, then carry on.

So just to confirm, in answer to my earlier query, if you pause first you do get the whole length of the pause rather than just 15 seconds in your PS menu?
  • Stejens
    194 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Stejens wrote: »

So just to confirm, in answer to my earlier query, if you pause first you do get the whole length of the pause rather than just 15 seconds in your PS menu?

You get the full duration of the pause. Just make sure you're back in time or Insta kick.