A question for veteran FIFA players

Psyclon13
403 posts Sunday League Hero
Whenever I read complaints about the current state of the game, there's always someone who mentions that every FIFA edition has had its problems. As a brand new player, I have no experience with that, so my question is: has EA ever "fixed" anything? Has the game ever been "just fine", for example 5-6-7 months after launch? Is it reasonable to expect something to be done in the right direction, or is it really a "deal with it or leave" type of thing?

Comments

• Riggs006
    1061 posts Professional
    edited December 2018
    In my opinion I think pretty much every FIFA has had issues, even the FIFA's people class as their favourite had issues, mine is probably FIFA 12 but pace on that was such an important factor, earlier FIFA's were massive for coin selling and it took them a few years to introduce price ranges but then people still do it so they still haven't really resolved that. Despite that though I still feel like the older FIFA's were a lot more enjoyable. Servers have always been poor really but I think the reason the recent FIFA's aren't as popular is because they add or remove things that don't really benefit the game.

I mean removing tournaments and now seasons was a big one for people, button delay is probably worse than any other FIFA but I think the big issue people have is with AI defending being so popular on this game and it doesn't really look like any patches are changing that, same with the timed finishing especially finesses. Prime Icon SBC costs more than to buy them off the market which is crazy and they don't seem to be rectifying it. Just things like that in my opinion why people are getting frustrated but would be interesting to get other people's thoughts!
  • Psyclon13 wrote: »
    Whenever I read complaints about the current state of the game, there's always someone who mentions that every FIFA edition has had its problems. As a brand new player, I have no experience with that, so my question is: has EA ever "fixed" anything? Has the game ever been "just fine", for example 5-6-7 months after launch? Is it reasonable to expect something to be done in the right direction, or is it really a "deal with it or leave" type of thing?

There was once a time when the game you bought on release was the game you played all year
  • Navraat
    3672 posts National Call-Up
    See same pattern since fifa 12

Fifa 12: Sung Kwan Cho, high rated players being outplayed by 75 rated Agbonlahor and 73 silver Manoel outplaying John Terry, Puyol and Ferdinand

Fifa 13: near post shot, 45 & 90th min, ping pong unrealistic gameplay, IFs playing worse than normal cards, players like Messi being outplayed by Welliton or Emenike

Fifa 14: OP Crossing, KSI glitch, technical players being useless compared to strong and tall, through balls requiring no skill

Fifa 15: zig zag dribbling, through balls and pace

Fifa 16: bad passing, AI defending, shielding, goalkeepers

Fifa 17: moonwalk LT+RT requiring no skill, AI defending, park the bus

Fifa 18: low drivens, AI defending, park the bus, mud gameplay and so on

Early Fifas people complained AI defending was terrible :):D:D:D

• Tom1UK
    40 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited December 2018
    Fifa 11
    IF LUIS FABIANO

That’s all you needed
  • Navraat wrote: »
    See same pattern since fifa 12

Fifa 12: Sung Kwan Cho, high rated players being outplayed by 75 rated Agbonlahor and 73 silver Manoel outplaying John Terry, Puyol and Ferdinand

Fifa 13: near post shot, 45 & 90th min, ping pong unrealistic gameplay, IFs playing worse than normal cards, players like Messi being outplayed by Welliton or Emenike

Fifa 14: OP Crossing, KSI glitch, technical players being useless compared to strong and tall, through balls requiring no skill

Fifa 15: zig zag dribbling, through balls and pace

Fifa 16: bad passing, AI defending, shielding, goalkeepers

Fifa 17: moonwalk LT+RT requiring no skill, AI defending, park the bus

Fifa 18: low drivens, AI defending, park the bus, mud gameplay and so on

Early Fifas people complained AI defending was terrible :):D:D:D

YouTube and the like are to blame. Everyone and his nan showing everyone how to exploit the game mechanics, results in everyone doing the same thing
  • SirSkinner
    200 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    FIFA 11 was pretty good to be fair
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    Recent FIFA had issues, yes, but all were way more fun than 19. 18 was the worst FIFA in ages, but still better than 19.
  • L0ngline
    510 posts An Exciting Prospect
    To be honest, it really depends on what u want to tolerate and what not.
    Fifa 11 for example, there was no fut champions, no div rivals, just online tournaments and online singles..
    No one gonna play that competitively, so no one really cares, because there was nothing to stress about..lost an online single? who cares.
    holding it against today's standards, the community nowadays would complain the f outta that game. it was all about fun. 50 yard long shots, skill moves, skill goals, silver players were just as good as gold ones.
    talking about fut, there was no content whatsoever. yeah, a promo with new players in packs here and there but nothing major.
    so overall, were games better in the past? no
    would people complain about fifa 19 if it wasnt about it's highly competitive nature across all game modes? prolly yes, but nowhere near the level of complain we hear and read about nowadays.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    L0ngline wrote: »
    To be honest, it really depends on what u want to tolerate and what not.
    Fifa 11 for example, there was no fut champions, no div rivals, just online tournaments and online singles..
    No one gonna play that competitively, so no one really cares, because there was nothing to stress about..lost an online single? who cares.
    holding it against today's standards, the community nowadays would complain the f outta that game. it was all about fun. 50 yard long shots, skill moves, skill goals, silver players were just as good as gold ones.
    talking about fut, there was no content whatsoever. yeah, a promo with new players in packs here and there but nothing major.
    so overall, were games better in the past? no
    would people complain about fifa 19 if it wasnt about it's highly competitive nature across all game modes? prolly yes, but nowhere near the level of complain we hear and read about nowadays.

Exactly this. Back in old FIFA's no one minded too much about broken mechanics because it was a game for fun. Now it's an eSport but still like an arcade game. That's not going to be taken well.
  • COLD-187
    1556 posts Play-Off Hero
    It never gets fixed. Play normal online if you want better gameplay
  • Ch1cha
    2206 posts Fans' Favourite
    These patches never happened as frequently. It was usually just 1 patch and then you had to deal with it. You can't please everyone so why bother trying.

I think EA does a great job with Fifa. PES used to be superior a decade ago and no one cared about Fifa. Now it's the other way around for quite a while now.
  • Cornushon
    5606 posts Big Money Move
    Video is pretty same.fifa we have
  • Every year there have been broken game mechanics but it was never as bad as now.