Community Career Mode Wishlist Poll

Comments

• SL7777
    13 posts Ball Boy
    Stadium Creator
    Start Today - with real standings, rosters, fixtures

Sliders for offline gameplay - lets call it arcade/simulation, or whatever. This is needed because offline gameplay is sometimes satisfactory, but updates from trying to balance online gameplay ruins it.

Lots of other good stuff is mentioned before, just to repeat few important ones in short - stadium editor, data editor, play as current manager...
  • p0larh4wk
    79 posts Park Captain
    Stadium Creator
    is there any point to this thread? does EA and the FIFA devs even care about Career mode players anymore? they havent really paid any attention to it for years, why should we believe they will start doing so now. I've seen countless of wishlists all over the web from dedicated career mode players with really good suggestions on how to fix the career mode, and points on what is broken but they never make any changes. So I just don't bother any more. I'm glad some people are still trying and making lists like this one -> https://www.gamesradar.com/fifa-20-career-mode-features/ but honestly i've given up all hope that they will ever fix career mode. We will probably never see them fix the broken calendar where you sometimes play 3 games in 4 days, we will probably never be able to expand the stadium or improve the youth facilities, we will never get the chance renegotiate a deal with our club or sign for a different sponsor... career mode is the rut in the fifa family now. all the focus is on FUT and possibly that damn story line. i doubt the mods here even share ideas with the devs
  • Pluck
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Can choose AI vs AI.
    Because I love to watch football.
  • ShavyJc23
    68 posts Park Captain
    Stadium Creator
    My only wish is for EA to actually start listening to the FIFA Community..
    Who asked for a Kick Off Mode?
  • TeamExtreme17
    2250 posts Fans' Favourite
    Edit Player Mode
    Pluck wrote: »
    Can choose AI vs AI.
    Because I love to watch football.

You watch A.I. vs A.I. in FIFA and you get Rugby / Ice Hockey..
  • RichyH
    2 posts Ball Boy
    Stadium Creator
    Stadium development is a great idea, also career stats for players. They can even take the most basic features from manager sims like football manager from years ago and LMA manager(anyone remember that) and use that in todays game engines. Won’t take much effort surely! Just PLEASE invest some time and money in career mode EA! Ive owned every fifa for the last 21 years but this will be my last until it is properly sorted, like many i imagine. We can only hope!
  • RichyH
    2 posts Ball Boy
    Stadium Creator
    Let's talk about training variety...
    Personal I'd like to get better at skill moves but I only get so much time to play so I focus on career mode progress Or the journey.
    I do Play all training sessions because I want to get the most progress out of a player per season as possible.
    So image this... You are able to improve a player's skill 🌟 rating by playing a skill move tutorial training sessions, but a player would normally practice there tricks in there own time as a training session is more of a team effort to improve player ratings.
    Here is where the fun comes in...
    Before every game the teams comes out to warm up infront of the fans so lets change the training sessions before games to an expression of freedom where the team you selected to play goes out onto the field within the stadium with multiple drills going on & you can switch between between players to select who you control to potentially upgrade there skill moves. Eg. Perform all of the 3 🌟 skill moves in front of the crowd 5 times with a player who has a 3 🌟 skill rating & they go up to a 4 🌟. This would be logged like the achievements show up on the screen.
    That's not all I'd like to see because there is also a week foot 🌟 rating & I don't think there are enough goals scored from crossing as there is in real life so here is my suggestion...
    In the weekly training sessions you should be able to select Crossing, Free kicks OR penalties etc. And then choose which foot the player is to use. Over time this would bump up there weak foot 🌟 rating.
    This could also relate to position change because I don't know about everyone else but I have more LW then RW in my squad and for a player to come inside and shoot or outside and cross would create amazing versatility.
    Let's talk about training variety...
    Personal I'd like to get better at skill moves but I only get so much time to play so I focus on career mode progress Or the journey.
    I do Play all training sessions because I want to get the most progress out of a player per season as possible.
    So image this... You are able to improve a player's skill 🌟 rating by playing a skill move tutorial training sessions, but a player would normally practice there tricks in there own time as a training session is more of a team effort to improve player ratings.
    Here is where the fun comes in...
    Before every game the teams comes out to warm up infront of the fans so lets change the training sessions before games to an expression of freedom where the team you selected to play goes out onto the field within the stadium with multiple drills going on & you can switch between between players to select who you control to potentially upgrade there skill moves. Eg. Perform all of the 3 🌟 skill moves in front of the crowd 5 times with a player who has a 3 🌟 skill rating & they go up to a 4 🌟. This would be logged like the achievements show up on the screen.
    That's not all I'd like to see because there is also a week foot 🌟 rating & I don't think there are enough goals scored from crossing as there is in real life so here is my suggestion...
    In the weekly training sessions you should be able to select Crossing, Free kicks OR penalties etc. And then choose which foot the player is to use. Over time this would bump up there weak foot 🌟 rating.
    This could also relate to position change because I don't know about everyone else but I have more LW then RW in my squad and for a player to come inside and shoot or outside and cross would create amazing versatility.

That pre game training idea is a great idea! I like the training during the week but maybe your idea could be used to boost stats for that game? Make players sharper reaction/agility/balance better or potentially worse for a certain amount of time for the game? Interesting concept
  • p0larh4wk
    79 posts Park Captain
    Stadium Creator
    How about actually improving career mode? Adding more authenticity with transfer negotiations, fix calendar bug, add more leagues, add contract negotiations for managers etc....
  • TeamExtreme17
    Edit Player Mode
    A great feature from PES 2019 when scouting players there is an option called 'Consider Budget' which you can turn On or Off, if set to On you won't get unrealistic scouting results, like Messi showing up when you're Stoke manager or players who have a fee you can't afford..
  • Data Editor
    Would love to be able to quit my manager role, and then be able to select whatever club I want. Instead of the current options where you get years into your manager role and the only availabilities are the giant clubs. It would be cool to start again with a small team through transferring for all re-gens.

Different topic for career mode enhancement. I believe the best idea is to have a create a club mode. You create a club, upgrade your stadium, facilities, players and so on and so forth. While being able to sim or play games.

I would also like international goals to be kept up with, along with career goals for your club players.
  • TeamExtreme17
    edited April 27
    Edit Player Mode
    Realistic Transfer fees? Just bought Jadon Sancho, one of Europe's hottest talents, who even has a potential stat of 91, for £22Million?
  • It would be nice to have the concaf champions, all ligua mx stadiums Copa America Copa Oro and the second division of ligua mx
  • Mattwp_74
    22 posts Ball Boy
    My main “wish” is for EA is to actually do something with career mode because apart from a couple useless cut scenes it plays exactly how it did (off pitch) as it did in 2017.
  • SimmoFifa
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Here's some ideas I would like to see in FIFA 20 or future FIFA games.

1, More customizable options in the edit player mode for me it's quite basic and boring.
    2, More authentic stadiums (EFL Championship, Eredivisie, Serie A Bundesliga, Ligue 1 and other European leagues).
    3, Player face packs throughout the year like PES others even if it's 5 faces every update at least it's a start please EA make this happen we are bored of looking at generic players.
    4, Real goalkeeper kits in lower leagues (EFL league 1, EFL league 2)
    5, Birmingham City's real stadium, St Andrews and and a Che Adams face scan please haha.
  • TeamExtreme17
    Edit Player Mode
    3D beards in Create a Player / Be a Pro!
  • Duil
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Potential Changes
    My wish is:

1- In paying the rescission of a player the former club cannot negotiate the contract(many players use this to make money in career mode,a kind of cheat)

2 -Option of level of hiring difficulty as there is in gameplay,easy,normal or hard.

This is necessary urgent for the Fifa 20 and is easy add principalmente the first.

If Fifa wants to be a simulator the first desire is fundamental.

• TeamExtreme17
    edited May 9
    Edit Player Mode
    An option to search for a specific footed player, so i can search for a left footed CB for example..

Things like this should of been in the game 10 years ago :/
    Post edited by TeamExtreme17 on
  • TeamExtreme17
    Edit Player Mode
    Steal an option from PES called Challenge Mode which makes Career Mode a lil more challenging, harder to sign players, the board have less patience etc..
  • TeamExtreme17
    Edit Player Mode
    Player of the Year Awards.

Either cut-scenes or text based news articles for the award winners, Youth, Players' Player or Manager's Player of the Year Awards..

This could be linked to a player's final overall form rating, 8.28 for example..
  • TeamExtreme17
    Edit Player Mode
    Hire a dedicated member of the Dev team to work solely on Career Mode, both Player and Manager, over the next 5 years to get it back to where it should be, just like you did for The Journey..
  • Staff
    I would like to see more improvements to player career mode.

1. Social Media: In NBA 2k, they have a social media aspect of the game that shows how many fans your player accumulates as they become better and more popular. Since football is the most popular sport in the world, it would be amazing to see your virtual pro reach social stardom by reaching millions of followers.
    2. Sponsorships: In the Journey, Alex Hunter is approached by shoe companies that wish to sponsor him, the same should be available for Player Career Mode. Whether it is with an athletic brand or any other type of company, sponsorships should be an integral part of the game because these are things real footballers encounter in real life.
    3. Wage: In Manager mode, players constantly message you telling you that they are unsatisfied with their wage. Well, the same should be possible in Player Career Mode. A player can't go from a 69 to 80 and still be paid the same wage. We should be able to request higher wages or demand transfer. It's not enough to only increase wage when another club wants to buy you because what if you only want to stay in one club.
  • Rafaz
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Edit Player Mode
    I make a lot of players like thia with 90 94 ovrl
  • TeamExtreme17
    Edit Player Mode
    I would like an "Offer To Clubs" option, as it really annoys me not getting offers (or unrealistic ones which i decline) for players that are Transfer Listed or Listed for Loan..
  • Sonexis7
    2 posts Ball Boy
    Make it difficult to control player contracts and happiness, make leagues for youth team and reserve teams, make Press conferences more influential, improve editing in career mode like stadiums, add best jerseys from former seasons for more kits, finance and FFP should be added and become very important, youngsters growth should be based on performance, just a few of my career mode ideas
  • EA_Andy
    3092 posts EA Community Manager
    I know this thread has been up a while (Alastair passed it on to me straight away) - just wanted to say thanks for all of the constructive feedback and discussion - it's great to see.
  • jam13
    23 posts Last Pick at the Park
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    I know this thread has been up a while (Alastair passed it on to me straight away) - just wanted to say thanks for all of the constructive feedback and discussion - it's great to see.

hope somethings done I hate seeing man city and Liverpool finish outside of the champions league with that been said please let the teams use their best players in the leagues opponent doesn't matter
  • TeamExtreme17
    Edit Player Mode
    * Option to buy/sell a player with a player going on loan the other way.

* Option to set a price for player in Squad Hub which will automatically get accepted if matched.
  • Data Editor
    I bought my first FIFA in 2002 and I have had every version to date. Primarily, I was looking for a football simulation that depicts the everyday life of a footballer, coach, club owner and club. FIFA's offline career mode has always been unrivaled. Unfortunately, one notices that the focus has dropped drastically since the introduction of FUT. It is no longer working full-time to develop the career mode, especially not to increase attractiveness and reality.

All the above wishes are great and you would have to integrate all of them, so it's worth buying the game in the next few years. If we are honest, if nothing changes again for years, you do not have to buy this game anymore and can simply update the squads if you are an offline career mode player type.

Fans and stadium atmosphere: As an active fan in stadiums (home and away) you have to say that the fan behavior and the atmosphere are not realistic. The stadium builder is a cool idea. If you can define the fan sectors behind the goals yourself, that would be realistic. Where in the world are flags waving across the stadium on all grandstands? Nowhere. It would also be great to be able to visualize one's own fan sector (patterns on flags, colors of clothing etc. PES offered this option in 2008). It is also unrealistic that the stadiums are always and everywhere sold out. In weaker leagues with smaller teams it is even more unrealistic. You could define a default (percentage) in the game settings and change them before each game (PES also offered this feature in 2008). It would also be interesting if you could adjust the fan behavior for your own fans (eg quiet or hot-blooded) and that affects the atmosphere. Also pyrotechnics hot-blooded fans (for example, achieved goals) would be exciting (combined with fines for club, etc.). You can control the experience in this way, but you also have to expect consequences. In the fan area is a lot of potential.

Data Editor: A Data Editor analogous to the Creaton Center is a must, especially because there has already been one. Players, teams, leagues, tournaments to create and share was the highlight! In addition, you should be able to integrate this in the career mode. Even the game face is a must. It was outstanding to be able to play the game career with one's own face. You could also use the face with the coach. Data Editor and Game Face: An absolute must!

Finances and transfer money: Finances are also topics that confuse me. It has improved, but is still not ideal. If I play with a small team that has little budget (5 million) and I develop a young player so well that I sell it for 15 million, I want to be able to use that money in the next season. Otherwise you have nothing of it. I want to start with 20 million and not again with 5 million.

Displeasure key player: When you play many games in short iterations, the players get tired and you have to spin. That then immediately a key player sends a message that he is dissatisfied, is no fun. Either the stamina lasts longer or the displeasure of key players sitting one or two games on the bench shows up later.

Online co-op career: Online co-op career mode is a great idea and should be integrated. You can play together or play separately if the other player can not.

These are just a few of my suggestions. It would be great if EA also looks again at the offline community.
  • mfmaxpower
    74 posts Park Captain
    Edit Player Mode
    "Ever since it was first introduced on FIFA 2000, Career Mode has been one of the most popular modes in the game."

This just sounds like you're trolling us. If CM is truly one of the most popular modes, then why is EA giving us such a poor mode every... single... year.
  • TeamExtreme17
    Edit Player Mode
    Fifa 19 Edit Player

Player Info: Where are the specific player positions to choose from? GK, LB, LWB, CB, RB, RWB, DM, CM, CAM, LM, LW, RM, RW, ST? Make them selectable!! And each player should have 3 positions. 1st would be his natural and then a 2nd and 3rd alternate which a player could be trained into. Think Ashley Young going from LW to LB..

You can do this in Pro Clubs but not Career Mode or Edit/Create Player!?)

Accessories:

* Where is the Cold Weather Gear option?
    * Where is the Same As Kit colour for Ankle Tape? Its a law now that Ankle Tape has to be the same colour as your sock.
    * Where is Same As Kit colour option for Wrist Tape, Sweat Bands and Gloves?
    * The default Gloves colour needs changing to BLACK not White..
    * The colours for Green, Orange, Purple, Brown and Burgundy are broken and don't look like those colours!!
    * Tape should be the default wrist tape option for players not Sweat Bands!!!

- Add 3/4 length Sleeves?
    - Also consider adding Undershorts as an option? Along with Tights! On, Off or Winter Only..

Change Attributes:

* Where is the Potential stat? Skill Moves stat? Composure stat? Let us edit them!!

- Also consider adding a Weak Foot Usage stat, Messi for example uses his Left foot no matter what so would have a Weak Foot Usage stat of 0..

* Player Traits?
    * Running Style?
    * Penalty Stance?
    * Free-Kick Stance?
    * Default Celebration?

Appearance:

This is where we should be able to edit generic player faces! (Players with starheads obviously wouldn't be editable)

* Add Game Face back? So we can assign them to generic players!! Have say 100 slots?