Community Career Mode Wishlist Poll

Comments

• Data Editor
    Really think players need to be updated as in Jorginho who plays for Chelsea doesn’t look anything like him? Also loftus cheek still has his haircut from 2013, I’ve seen a number of players like this. Also a big thing is player stats, most passes in a game has surely gotta be there? Touches, distance covered etc.

Ref transfers also why can’t I ever loan any player? There’s gotta be abit more leniency from clubs to loan any player? Also when signed a player can’t ever send him out on loan until following season?

Players who are ‘unhappy’ be good to know a reason why? I’m sure that used to be on previous fifa games

In career mode emails and player conversations would be good to have a conversation with the player instead of doing what they ask?

Carabao cup line ups etc are standard ea sports why aren’t they official?

Transfer roumors would be a good thing to add also which then comes into context with a player conversation

When a team is looking for a manager it should be more noticeable than just going on browse jobs... maybe have a team approach like international teams do? (When you buy the perk)

More player chants for top players such as Eden hazard in fifa 17 the crowd said his chant but hardly any players have it on the game?

More player character such as tattoos
  • Data Editor
    Also more manager choices when starting a career or maybe be able to choose the manager of the team in real life?
  • -It would be nice if players are reintroduced in game after they retire , like for example one season after ronaldo retires he can be reintorduced to the game as a 15 year old youth player with a very high potential.
    -the Speed of the attacking players are reletively weak specialy for older strikers its really frustrating.
    -Be able to access the youth academy even participate in youth leagues would be amazing. Like this thw player can handel 3 teams in the career mode.
    -Have to option to play as more than one manger, to make the game more realistic.
    -Data base of the players should be better, some nationalities dont even exist. This can be fixed almost free of charge , many leagues will accept to provide data base for free.
    -specific group training will make much more sence than the training mode already in place.
    -national team should be abit more interactive.
    -try to get the licence for national cups.
  • Mundy
    2 posts Ball Boy
    I would absolutely love to see 2 player career mode return. Think it was fifa 05 06 something like that.
    My brother and I would have countless fights over who was going to buy Alvaro Recoba and Del Piero!

The not being able to loan players out who you’ve just bought in is stupid. You try to loan a player in, can’t do it then some crap club in serie B is able to loan the same player. It’s far too easy to buy players you could be Man Utd and go and buy Salah if you want. I’d like to be able to impose fines on players, players forcing through moves seems to have disappeared I could go on and on. Just sick to death of ea completely destroying Fifa year after year!
  • PeteCL777
    2 posts Ball Boy
    edited January 29
    Youth Squads
    Hello. I've been having this issue since the -1 OVR issue popped up, I think it was on update 1.05. Basically, training became pointless. During the training sessions my players OVR grow +1, even twice a month, but in the game their OVR is frozen; it's stays the same. It doesn't matter how many times I train them and how many times their OVR grows, it actually doesn't grow. Here's a link to my video:

Has anyone else experimented this?
  • Hashonthebeat
    46 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Most of these features suck. I don't know who came up with them. We need features that would help make CM as realistic as possible. E.g. new kits each season, press conferences, actual gameplay improvements, 11 v 11 training sessions, etc.
  • TeamExtreme17
    2128 posts Fans' Favourite
    Edit Player Mode
    Most of these features suck. I don't know who came up with them. We need features that would help make CM as realistic as possible. E.g. new kits each season, press conferences, actual gameplay improvements, 11 v 11 training sessions, etc.

Press Conferences were in The Journey so could easily be ported in to Manager and Player Career Mode, Gameplay improvements arent Career Mode related but 11 vs 11 Training Matches were in Arena Mode in past games but needlessly emoved so could easily be brought back and implemented in to Career Mode!
  • glynnerm
    44 posts Park Captain
    Staff
    1) UEFA co-efficient for leagues and a prestige of how good a club based on history clubs which can improve based on success in career mode

2) Youth players - need more players from u23/u18 squads to be in game, example clarke odour was in fifa 18, sam dalby in fifa 19 both at the start of game, but removed because they were not given a squad number, would prefer to have real life youth team members rather than generic players that are not real.

3) stadium - ticket price adjustment and stadium attendances should reflect price and team performance, half full stadium if team is languishing mid table near end of season except for local derbies. Ticket price should have a direct influence on attendance, high price= more likely less attendance and finances for the next season. An ability to increase stadium size or editor for clubs you bring up from the lower leagues

4)Transfers should be influenced by club prestige ,players not willing from bigger clubs to go to lesser leagues, not unless over 30 and in decline. loaning players should affect budget with loan fees, option to buy at end of loan needs to be re-introduced, clauses need to be introduced: player/team based performances should be included in transfers, ex: getting promoted adds 2 million extra to a transfer for a player if the team he joins gets promoted and or if after a player makes so many appearances the fee goes up. The number of player you run out of contract at end of season is terrible at present, should end up in free transfers at end of season, hardly ever get a player ending up out of contract in the free transfers section in career mode, too many bosman signings in with 6 months remaining, just not the same!

5) player attributes not to be as severely affected for those over 30 as is currently done in fifa 19. I agree stamina and speed should be slightly affected but not as currently happens in FIFA 19, but passing/shooting/technique/defensive attributes should not really be affected.

6) take press conferences to another level, like responses possible in the journey, enough said!

7) training, ability to do team training, focus on one aspect, day before match day, ex: defensive drills/attacking drills/set piece drills which can or just add training drills from previous Fifa games to add variety, realise that game engine is different from older versions, but use them as a template

8) Dynamic weather, frostbite engine should be used to its max potential, come EA, use it in battlefield, surely their is some bright spark that can manage to implement this like the PRO EVO crowd have!

• This is official licensed FIFA video game, I am surprised there is no FIFA Club WorldCup in the game's career mode or any other mode. Career mode would feel much more realistic by this addition.
  • Youth Squads
    I have a desire for a new edition of FIFA. I want to point out that in the future stages of the stand there will not be crowds of spectators or fans. We have an example where I can play in Rome at the Olimpico stadium, and there is a football club Empoli. The stadiums are filled up to the last place, and even the part where the visiting fans are all filled, while in reality the guest fans might be 500, and home fans of the total capacity (70,000) might be 30,000. Perhaps in England alone, there are plenty of stadiums in every game, though that is not the case. Please note that the number of viewers on the game depends on the club's successes, the popularity of the club, and its results. That the visiting fans will not be 20,000 as if they were the finalists of the Champions League. Please take my remarks and advice, because I believe that the experience of playing the season was so much greater.
  • Position Training
    Try bring back all the features from previous Career Modes that have been removed, that would be a start.

Not hard to port them back is it?

Also, its not hard to port features from The Journey to Career Mode either! Press conferences, cut-scenes, ability to fully edit your manager / player's appearance including tattoos etc..

Yeah all the features from the journey should be on career mode... plus the ability to negotiate your contract (money, years, bonus, etc,...) just like the computer does when we want to get a player in to our squad.
  • Position Training
    PeteCL777 wrote: »
    Hello. I've been having this issue since the -1 OVR issue popped up, I think it was on update 1.05. Basically, training became pointless. During the training sessions my players OVR grow +1, even twice a month, but in the game their OVR is frozen; it's stays the same. It doesn't matter how many times I train them and how many times their OVR grows, it actually doesn't grow. Here's a link to my video:

Has anyone else experimented this?

I have the same issue its pointless to train young player if they would never grow this throws off the poin of training and recruiting young players
  • Position Training
    Tomcfc211 wrote: »
    Really think players need to be updated as in Jorginho who plays for Chelsea doesn’t look anything like him? Also loftus cheek still has his haircut from 2013, I’ve seen a number of players like this. Also a big thing is player stats, most passes in a game has surely gotta be there? Touches, distance covered etc.

Ref transfers also why can’t I ever loan any player? There’s gotta be abit more leniency from clubs to loan any player? Also when signed a player can’t ever send him out on loan until following season?

Players who are ‘unhappy’ be good to know a reason why? I’m sure that used to be on previous fifa games

In career mode emails and player conversations would be good to have a conversation with the player instead of doing what they ask?

Carabao cup line ups etc are standard ea sports why aren’t they official?

Transfer roumors would be a good thing to add also which then comes into context with a player conversation

When a team is looking for a manager it should be more noticeable than just going on browse jobs... maybe have a team approach like international teams do? (When you buy the perk)

More player chants for top players such as Eden hazard in fifa 17 the crowd said his chant but hardly any players have it on the game?

More player character such as tattoos

This is so right some player they dont look like themselves... also in older fifa version they look more alike that fifa 19 for example Jonathan Dos Santos or "tecatito" corona they look so much alike in fifa 17 and since fifa 18 and 19 you wont recognize them... Diego Lainez in fifa 18 was more alike than in fifa 19... i know this are not super stars player or to recognize them but if they are going to be in the game they should look like them
  • frankibo
    45 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I'm amazed how many people care about what players look like and new kits and press conferences. In my opinion all of this is just superficial rubbish - I want the game to PLAY better, not look better.

I'll copy my recent post here;

"Ignoring issues with gameplay the whole of Career Mode needs rebuilding from the ground up. Any one who has played Football Manager will tell you how beautifully complex, intelligent and living the football ecosystem is outside of a match. Career Mode needs to aspire towards a simpler version of this but still employing a lot of the same features.

- Managers having tactical preferences and adapting between matches and during matches to set up differently and play differently and adjust intelligently to change
    - Managers moving clubs in a system driven by realistic managerial sackings and offers from clubs (not just half the clubs in a random league from one day to the other). You would then see tactical changes in the way clubs play related to this (compare Leicester with Ranieri to Leicester with Puel)
    - A vastly improved transfer system, in part driven by managers tactical preferences but also just more complex and realistic
    - A vastly improved and more realistic youth/reserve/U23 system
    - Players having both match fitness and match sharpness. If someone comes back from injury maybe they should play with the reserves to regain match sharpness?

I could go on and I'm sure others can think of further points but what I'm getting at is this needs a genuine overhaul with a team that know what they are doing and there is potential there for a fanastic immersive and realistic experience. Fix the basic gameplay errors (they need lots more testers playing the CPU on all difficulties before releasing the game and patches) and it might even be FUN again.

None of that is out of the realm of possibility, football managers world has had similar features for years. Career Mode doesn't need to be as in depth but it should be aiming for something similar."
  • Data Editor
    Every single one of those improvements needs to be put in. It is completely unacceptable that this mode has been allowed to stagnate. This is not PES, this is not some tiny studio and middling selling game. It is the single biggest selling product outside of the GTA RDR series in video games. Put some effort in and respect the biggest sport in the world.
  • Youth Squads
    As a Fifa user who has been playing Fifa for past 22 years (Since Fifa 98) and Career mode since its inception, I feel pretty sad to see our beloved Career Mode being ignored for so long when other less interesting (although more revenue generating), one’s with less potential to interest gamers have flourished quickly.

It is to request you from whole Career Mode gamer community to kindly revive this mode before its too late. People have been pouring in their suggestions for a long time now, across various forums and mediums. I have tried to consolidate them and put in my thoughts and here are my 2 cents:

New Game Modes
    • Introduce Online Career Mode (Sure to revolutionise Fifa franchise)
    • Owner mode to provide more focus on administration than games

Creation Centre
    • Ability to add new clubs, leagues and cup competitions
    • Ability to add lower divisions
    • Stadium Creator for generic stadiums
    • Edit Player Mode- Change everything about a player including appearance, physical stats, attributes, traits and position
    • Editable manager
    • Introduce Fantasy League in game

Transfers
    • Introduce more realistic transfers
    • There should not always be same scripted transfers
    • Offer more than one player during transfer negotiations
    • Receive offers for ‘Loan to buy’
    • Avoid forced transfers where players leave club without reason (E.g. Homesick- But player doesn’t go to home country after transfer)
    • Make players searchable through their overall rating

Player Level Changes
    • Player potential needs to be dynamic
    • Enable Position Training
    • All attributes should be trainable
    • Ability to strengthen week foot and skills
    • Introduce Players’ personal life

Scouting Changes
    • More youth scouts

Gameplay
    • Reintroduce Visual Sim through which we can make tactical, player changes on the fly
    • Intercept game during game Sim
    • Introduce Youth Squads through addition of an U18/U21/U23 teams
    • Reintroduce fan, board, player confidence
    • Spend coins earned on Strategic XP, training boost, etc.
    • Reintroduce Internal memos where scenarios and decisions that affect confidence of board, fans, players, team chemistry
    • Introduce backroom staff so that they have impact on game, stadium, fitness, health, coaching, PR management, etc.
    • Reintroduce sponsors
    • Introduce new players in stadium
    • Farewell in last game
    • Option not to manage international team at the start of game
    • Scenario career mode in which one can start in between season
    • Manager to have family and other scenarios. Ability to prosper and suffer at personal level

Visual Changes
    • On-screen Ticker in game menu displaying live information of player, match, league, etc.
  • Crow
    175 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Data Editor
    Where I think EA goes wrong with Career mode is the concept of it in the first place. When you start a Career with whatever team up to that point everything should have come from real life, stats, trophies won, promotions, player stats etc, etc but when you start to play everything can change. I mean manager sackings, player stats, stadiums, everything because you are not in real life any more you are creating the clubs history.

It should start with how your team performs. The player ratings in a match should be so important. Let's say you play a game and draw 0-0, several of your players got an 7.0 rating then that should mean those players get a slight boost to their stats, if they get above 6.0 they should get a boost according to how high the rating is and vice versa, if a player gets below 6.0 they should get a reduction in stats. This way it reflects on the team and if you have a star youngster but don't play him they he will not get any better. Obviously the ratings will have to be looked at and done better.

So if you have messi in your team you could possibly turn him into a donkey but at the same time you could turn a youngster into the greatest player in the game. The training should be for all the players in the squad not just 5. We should also see some serious injuries on the pitch, FFS it is 2019 and we still haven't seen a stretcher or I can't remember seeing one and I started with 08.

More yellow and red cards, maybe even think about VARS if it is coming to league football like the Prem. And can you cut out the replays and highlights untill after the game has finished to me it seems strange that if you are managing a football club and playing a game you get to see instant replays, make the game flow better. If you want to see highlights wait for the game to finish and watch. Perhaps for those leagues which have VARS then perhaps you can see what the ref is seeing why you wait for the decision. I know you can click past the replays it is just annoying at having to do so. I want to play the game and if there is something I want to see I can do it after the game and say the highlights could have options to save or upload to youtube or whatever.

The International management option needs looking at and only really be an option for top jobs after you have won things at club level their should be an option of 'not interested' in current jobs so you are not bugged every 5 mins. Transfers should be looked at (again). Certain top players from around the world need to be a bit more fussy to where they go to but take into account that things could change. So say I take over Fulham and take them to the Champions League I should have access to better players. It should go on what the club is achieving so say I was Liverpool and failed to qualify for both Euro competitions I should have a less of a chance of signing the top talent.

Stamina should also be looked at and you should get a boost at HT but a more drop off during the game. PES has cracked it, just copy theirs. In fact I would get the EA devs to play PES for a week to get some idea how to make FIFA value for money. EA needs to start taking notice of what the fans want in their games instead of all this loot box rubbish which all started with FUT! Show some integrity EA and make a football game the fans deserve and not one you can squeeze every penny out of.
  • Position Training
    adi38612 wrote: »
    As a Fifa user who has been playing Fifa for past 22 years (Since Fifa 98) and Career mode since its inception, I feel pretty sad to see our beloved Career Mode being ignored for so long when other less interesting (although more revenue generating), one’s with less potential to interest gamers have flourished quickly.

It is to request you from whole Career Mode gamer community to kindly revive this mode before its too late. People have been pouring in their suggestions for a long time now, across various forums and mediums. I have tried to consolidate them and put in my thoughts and here are my 2 cents:

New Game Modes
    • Introduce Online Career Mode (Sure to revolutionise Fifa franchise)
    • Owner mode to provide more focus on administration than games

Creation Centre
    • Ability to add new clubs, leagues and cup competitions
    • Ability to add lower divisions
    • Stadium Creator for generic stadiums
    • Edit Player Mode- Change everything about a player including appearance, physical stats, attributes, traits and position
    • Editable manager
    • Introduce Fantasy League in game

Transfers
    • Introduce more realistic transfers
    • There should not always be same scripted transfers
    • Offer more than one player during transfer negotiations
    • Receive offers for ‘Loan to buy’
    • Avoid forced transfers where players leave club without reason (E.g. Homesick- But player doesn’t go to home country after transfer)
    • Make players searchable through their overall rating

Player Level Changes
    • Player potential needs to be dynamic
    • Enable Position Training
    • All attributes should be trainable
    • Ability to strengthen week foot and skills
    • Introduce Players’ personal life

Scouting Changes
    • More youth scouts

Gameplay
    • Reintroduce Visual Sim through which we can make tactical, player changes on the fly
    • Intercept game during game Sim
    • Introduce Youth Squads through addition of an U18/U21/U23 teams
    • Reintroduce fan, board, player confidence
    • Spend coins earned on Strategic XP, training boost, etc.
    • Reintroduce Internal memos where scenarios and decisions that affect confidence of board, fans, players, team chemistry
    • Introduce backroom staff so that they have impact on game, stadium, fitness, health, coaching, PR management, etc.
    • Reintroduce sponsors
    • Introduce new players in stadium
    • Farewell in last game
    • Option not to manage international team at the start of game
    • Scenario career mode in which one can start in between season
    • Manager to have family and other scenarios. Ability to prosper and suffer at personal level

Visual Changes
    • On-screen Ticker in game menu displaying live information of player, match, league, etc.

I like all your comments I do remember in like fifa 06 or 07 when as DT you will be ask few questions on a press conference and your answer will affect your job security and how the fans feel about you I think that was pretty good and it should be back make this game more about the players you use on career mode than just play the game...
  • Auto change prem balls from summer to winter (white to yellow)It's a bind keep doing it manually
  • 1. Liverpool always shoot towards the kop in first half
    3. Day to night matches. Sunday 4pm all evening games in summer etc
    4. In between matches read out results and position in league again
    5. I WANT TO BE KLOPP!!!
    6. 'Does he mean business'!?!? Aggghhhhhhhhh!!!!
    7. Speech during negotiations. Club reps not managers 20 actors- sorted!!
  • Far to much missing

EA sports - its almost in the game
  • Have different levels of content. IF you just want basic career mode as is now use a scale of the leagues

League 2 to prem depending on how sad we are Haha and how in depth you want to play
  • TeamExtreme17
    Edit Player Mode
    Geraaaaard wrote: »
    Auto change prem balls from summer to winter (white to yellow)It's a bind keep doing it manually

It did this automatically a couple of Fifa's ago, so must be a bug? @EA_Andy
  • career_mode_expert_1
    3 posts Ball Boy
    edited February 21
    I've started a new channel so won't carry a lot of weight but I definitely support the wishlist: Career Mode Expert !
  • @TeamExtreme17 seriously though -- the amount of effort they put into The Journey just highlights how little attention is being paid to career mode :(
  • TeamExtreme17
    Edit Player Mode
    @TeamExtreme17 seriously though -- the amount of effort they put into The Journey just highlights how little attention is being paid to career mode :(

I know :(
  • Steffolovitch
    114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Youth Squads
    @TeamExtreme17 seriously though -- the amount of effort they put into The Journey just highlights how little attention is being paid to career mode :(

True. Hopefully, with The Journey coming to an end, EA will finally make Career Mode a priority.
  • I know it's impossible to implement every suggestion and while I like some of the suggestions I feel the biggest change needed is chemistry needs to be realistic. It's great that you can "adopt" Guardiola's play style, but at the moment, you don't have to have the right players for it. I love Olivier Giroud, however he isn't suited to play the way Man City do.

Another part in the puzzle is that players ratings don't change depending on where they are played...gotta change.
  • iGaliere
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Data Editor
    Fifa career mode needs to link up with football manager for more in depth information about the future stars, players we have and players we want to buy and so we don’t hear the same **** form the commentators and more in depth information and facts!! Changes need to be made for the whole youth development and play training as it’s based and pretty ****! Also to make sure the potential of player is based on their performance to make it more realistic and less scripted to allow a better and enjoyable career mode! Add more variety of youth players of faces, names and personalizations!! Make transfers longer as in so the take weeks to complete as it would happen in real life! Ronaldo’s move to Juventus wasn’t completed in a day so why are we able to complete transfers in career mode in a day!! Make loan transfers easier as I’ve spent two season trying to loan players from a Wolves career mode! In game play add more real life faces to players, managers, referees & assistants and even fans!!
  • Crow
    175 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Data Editor
    To expand on my previous comments there should be a mode of where you create your own team. In the English league it would be easiest to add the top non-league league and then you could have the option to replace one of the teams in that league.

Then you could pick your own team, crest, location (In England) and style of stadium. As one of the criteria of promotion to the football league IRL is to have a good enough stadium with a certain capacity this could be included in the game.

The stadium should also be allowed to be added to as the club gets more successful, buying a youth system, sponsorship etc. It would encourage people to play longer in Career mode and just be fun playing as their local side perhaps. I would think it would have to be offline as there are people who will want to spoil it.

Of course it will never happen as we will be lucky to get one thing implimented off these forums but we can dream I suppose. Only if people stopped buying the game would force EA to do anything, I think they said in the past if sales declined dramatically they would drop FIFA, but then there are a few companies out there with some integrity so it would be a win for us imo.