The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Constant pressure should just be disabled as a preset in custom tactics

FreddieKane
702 posts An Exciting Prospect
EA did what they said they'd do, fitness definitely goes down faster in constant pressure - the issue is it doesn't matter, players still mark you tightly and make the same interceptions only this time with less fitness. Sure they can't run with the ball but what does that matter when your opponent can't keep the ball for more than a split second (coupled with the delay it's just unfair).

Comments

• It's literally unplayable
  • PapaJay
    527 posts An Exciting Prospect
    please yes, hate how much the AI already does for us, its ridiculous
  • FreddieKane
    702 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Red bar fitness should be more noticeable than just not being able to sprint for more than a second, it should dramatically reduce interception ability and make players way slower to react to the ball. People should dread their players fitness falling to that point - as it is it's just a minor inconvenience.

That being said it'd be a whole lot easier if they just disabled it because it's clear they haven't figured out how to balance it.

On top of that (once it's disabled), the 'team press' d-pad quick tactic should then be on a timer, so you can use it but only for 10 in game minutes or something and once that happens it's disabled for another 15 in game minutes - it'd actually make it a tactical choice when and where to use it, e.g. "if I use it now will the timer be over before the last 10 minutes when I may need to chase the game?" etc.
  • COLD-187
    1554 posts Play-Off Hero
    Agreed
  • delpieroalex
    459 posts An Exciting Prospect
    i agree it should be remove or nerf further. Opponent taking away ur posession without actually doing anything is not a tactic.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    Constant pressure and drop back should both not exist.
  • Zakury
    694 posts An Exciting Prospect
    agree
  • Anarki301
    334 posts Sunday League Hero
    I don't even mind that much, except for one thing, how can this even be in online game, I mean, computer taking the ball form players, other player doesn't even need to do anything, just select the tactics, it's mind boggling, how can this even be in the game, computer playing for human players, wth, I mean, really, wth is this game.

And the most unbelievable thing is, in this years game they actually got this right, ability to pressure opponents, I can press my opponent this year without any pressure tactics selected, it's working not like last year game, of course it's only possible in certain situations, as it should be, but no, they have to make it like this.
  • Springveldt
    4827 posts National Call-Up
    Sprint speed needs to be affected by stamina drain, I'm sure they have said it only affects acceleration. If players suddenly couldn't sprint as fast then the sweatlords might actually try and preserve some stamina.

When you have good gameplay and can first time pass then constant pressure isn't so over powered but when you get delayed gameplay like 70% of the time then constant pressure becomes a real pain in the arse. Their players can run faster than passes sometimes, you get a left winger chase the ball all the way from RB to LB and he ends up intercepting the pass or tackling the LB who is trying to control the ball like it's a hot potato.
  • maksi
    6617 posts Big Money Move
    On top of that (once it's disabled), the 'team press' d-pad quick tactic should then be on a timer, so you can use it but only for 10 in game minutes or something and once that happens it's disabled for another 15 in game minutes - it'd actually make it a tactical choice when and where to use it, e.g. "if I use it now will the timer be over before the last 10 minutes when I may need to chase the game?" etc.
    it's even worse, what 'team press' does is they mark every player on the pitch and you can't pass to anyone without risking interception

it's just another broken feature, EA can't balance a game to save their lifes.

• maksi
    And fouls aren't called many times on constant pressure because AI tackles aren't seen as fouls usually.
  • SPN1987
    2168 posts Fans' Favourite
    Constant pressure make even the worst defenders look good in delayed gameplay. Yesterday I lost a match to someone not knowing how to defend at all. But due to delay I wasn't able to do anything in final third to destroy his defence. At 1-0 behind I got so annoyed I even decided to dribble with my GK. I managed to get all the way to the front with my GK missing a shot since he's obviously ❤️❤️❤️❤️ at finishing. Which I don't mind.
  • Dariusz877
    162 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    maksi wrote: »
    it's even worse, what 'team press' does is they mark every player on the pitch and you can't pass to anyone without risking interception

Isnt that what happens in real life?
  • DailyTrader
    2143 posts Fans' Favourite
    Agreed.
  • maksi
    edited December 2018
    Dariusz877 wrote: »
    in real life attackers just don't stand there and are trying to get lose their marker by switching positions

it's obvious that EA has no clue about football

• PapaJay
    527 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited December 2018

the way they are trying to implement stuff happening in real life matches, is destroys the gaming experience

Examples:

1. When you control a RB and youre about to turn and manually cover a run behind him,
    as the ball is put through,
    your player stops to look at the ball,
    no matter if its a lofted or grounded through ball
    he should not lose momentum like that just because you, EA, has seen a player do it in real life, doesnt mean it has to happen everytime in those situations
    I keep my speed in real life when im about to cover a run like that, its so frustrating to see it in fifa EVERYTIME

Just because theres real life situations where a defender snaps up a pass before a player is receiving it doesnt mean its should happen over and over and over again in a game just by selecting either constant pressure or team press, its the dumbest ever so please yes ea disable it already
  • Dronegan
    1123 posts Professional
    EA´s whole approach to pressure is wrong.

Right now its 90% automated, the game does the job for you.

In previous Fifas it took skill to pressure high and constantly with alot of micro managing your players and also using 2nd man press while cutting of correct passing lanes.
    Now all of this is done for you.

Using a low defensive line together with constant pressure where the strikers/wingers and midfielders will chase down any player. The AI does all this without messing up the defensive structure of the formation is just stupid.

I see alot of players especially in Futchamps that are all over me in the first half i can bararely breath with the ball. 2nd half its like im facing annother player and i can do what ever i want on the pitch just because they have moved a slider so their stamina does not run out. Stupid.

• COLD-187
    1554 posts Play-Off Hero
    And fouls aren't called many times on constant pressure because AI tackles aren't seen as fouls usually.

Except when they tackle opponents in your box and give up PKs. That happened to me twice last WL
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    Red bar fitness should be more noticeable than just not being able to sprint for more than a second, it should dramatically reduce interception ability and make players way slower to react to the ball. People should dread their players fitness falling to that point - as it is it's just a minor inconvenience.

That being said it'd be a whole lot easier if they just disabled it because it's clear they haven't figured out how to balance it.

all true...BUT look at chemistry. do you think that makes a big difference? or 60 shooting? or 35 phys on heading ?
    So many of the numbers in this game are meaningless BECAUSE the overall level of assistance is so high
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    and another thing. in real life, when a ball is played into a player with a defender on his back or behind him, the receiving player usually is aware of him and will show for the ball and come to it. Its ludicrous to have the attacking player have to trigger that action whilst the AI anticipates that for the defensive player.

This game makes things that should be really hard easy and vice versa. It destroys the balance and makes the skills required to be good cheaper than they should be.
  • jplumber
    1629 posts Fans' Favourite

In case you haven't noticed - this is a computer game. A game is defined by a level playing field. High pressure tips the balance in favour of one player because you're not punished sufficiently for using it (for the entire match)