CL Dynamic Cards turning into EL cards

CandyRat
7768 posts League Winner
So, with some players now knocked out of CL and still gone through to the EL qualifier, shouldn’t they also get upgraded? Since they have been promoted to the next round technically

Comments

• WFCBagnall
    70226 posts Moderator
    Just given a different design.
  • Andy99TradeZ
    14055 posts Has That Special Something
    edited December 2018
    Haven't they basically gone from the round of 32 in cl to round of 32 in the el now?
  • CandyRat
    7768 posts League Winner
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    Just given a different design.

Yeah, but then they use the same upgrades with 1+ every round they advance right?
  • Barslund
    4644 posts National Call-Up
    As far as I understood, they need to get at least through the first knockout round of Europe League to get upgraded.

The upgrade outlook for these cards are SOOO long.
    Not worth it.
  • Reus
    22536 posts Club Captain
    I think they already said they wont
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20895 posts Club Captain
    Barslund wrote: »
    As far as I understood, they need to get at least through the first knockout round of Europe League to get upgraded.

The upgrade outlook for these cards are SOOO long.
    Not worth it.

Especially as some have quite minimal upgrades
  • CandyRat
    7768 posts League Winner
    Yep the wait is long, bought Perisic because I wanted him in my team and any upgrade in just a bonus. But the first 1+ comes after ”reach knockout stages” on the CL Card campaign so you could think he gets converted into a EL card and upgraded because he has gone through.
  • VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move
    CandyRat wrote: »
    Yep the wait is long, bought Perisic because I wanted him in my team and any upgrade in just a bonus. But the first 1+ comes after ”reach knockout stages” on the CL Card campaign so you could think he gets converted into a EL card and upgraded because he has gone through.

No, the initial conversion to EL does not get an upgrade. Only progression after that, sees an upgrade.
  • Reus
    22536 posts Club Captain

He hasn't advanced he's been relegated to the second tier comp
  • Cantonas Collar
    1547 posts Play-Off Hero

No, the initial conversion to EL does not get an upgrade. Only progression after that, sees an upgrade.

This is correct.
  • Gyan_33
    29526 posts Player of the Year
    Q: What happens if the player's team finishes 3rd in the UEFA Champions League group stage?

A: The Player Item will be updated to a UEFA Europa League: Road To The Final item, they will not receive a +1 OVR upgrade for advancing to the Knockout stage but will continue to recieve upgrades if their club advances to the other stages of the competition.
  • There's still a good chance of an 89 or 90 Perisic for 187k for a player I'll use throughout the year that's worth it for me. And if he doesn't get a Tots card or there isn't a much better card in the league then his price could go up further. Although they could draw Chelsea and get knocked out round one. As long as Lazio and Inter don't match I'll be happy.
  • SweatBeautifully
    1353 posts Professional
    edited December 2018
    There's still a good chance of an 89 or 90 Perisic for 187k for a player I'll use throughout the year that's worth it for me. And if he doesn't get a Tots card or there isn't a much better card in the league then his price could go up further. Although they could draw Chelsea and get knocked out round one. As long as Lazio and Inter don't match I'll be happy.

Chelsea win their group so avoid teams dropping from CL. Also pretty sure 2 teams from the same nation can’t play each other in the last 32
  • There's still a good chance of an 89 or 90 Perisic for 187k for a player I'll use throughout the year that's worth it for me. And if he doesn't get a Tots card or there isn't a much better card in the league then his price could go up further. Although they could draw Chelsea and get knocked out round one. As long as Lazio and Inter don't match I'll be happy.

Chelsea win their group so avoid teams dropping from CL. Also pretty sure 2 teams from the same nation can’t play each other in the last 32

That is great news for my team
  • iitalic
    1738 posts Play-Off Hero
    There's still a good chance of an 89 or 90 Perisic for 187k for a player I'll use throughout the year that's worth it for me. And if he doesn't get a Tots card or there isn't a much better card in the league then his price could go up further. Although they could draw Chelsea and get knocked out round one. As long as Lazio and Inter don't match I'll be happy.

Only 3 months until his next upgrade if they win :)
  • IamZlatan
    41 posts Last Pick at the Park

doesn't work that way if they get relegated to the EL - their next upgrade will only come if they win the first leg - then next is if they get to the QF - then SF and so on

if they remain in the CL and progress , they will receive an equivalent to a Inform UG for progressing , then if they win the first leg , then if they reach the QF , then SF and so on.