I do not think I will be buying FIFA next year

I have always bought fifas without hesitation, but this year has just been a complete disaster. Although I like the game play in general, there are just so many bugs and irregularities that it takes away any enjoyment. It is also a massive issue for me that EA are clearly delaying the release of content to maximize profits from FIFA points. I find this astonishing as the game already feels stale, it's only December! I find the way EA run the game disappointing in every aspect, and they are clearly hugely disconnected from the players. We as players should not be putting up with a company that is actively making the game worse for the purpose of making more money.

Comments

• HektorOvTroy
    1637 posts Play-Off Hero
    I said that last year.

But I have a son so I have to.
  • I said that last year.

Last year I actually enjoyed ultimate team though. I felt like there was always something new coming out, but this year it's all champions League cards with +1 stats and silly sbcs that have no value. I have traded to 3 million coins buy have no desire or excitement to spend them.
  • Eroberto
    1376 posts Professional
    It’s PES for me next year.
  • HektorOvTroy
    1637 posts Play-Off Hero
    I said that last year.

Last year I actually enjoyed ultimate team though. I felt like there was always something new coming out, but this year it's all champions League cards with +1 stats and silly sbcs that have no value. I have traded to 3 million coins buy have no desire or excitement to spend them.

Haha. Yeah I have 6.5 million. Some excellent untradeables and lots of high rated players.

Not inspired yet.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    12959 posts Has That Special Something
    I almost didn't buy it this year and caved. But I also bought PES this year....first time I've done that in years!....PES is definitely a good game I must admit.

But I'm not buying FIFA next year. Not until they seriously revamp the game. It's atrocious and such a time sink and for what? For EA to literally stick the finger up to the community and ram promo after promo down our throats. It's disgusting the way they're behaving towards their loyal customers. Whoever is making the decisions this year at the headquarters needs their head examined. Absolute abomination
  • I almost didn't buy it this year and caved. But I also bought PES this year....first time I've done that in years!....PES is definitely a good game I must admit.

But I'm not buying FIFA next year. Not until they seriously revamp the game. It's atrocious and such a time sink and for what? For EA to literally stick the finger up to the community and ram promo after promo down our throats. It's disgusting the way they're behaving towards their loyal customers. Whoever is making the decisions this year at the headquarters needs their head examined. Absolute abomination

Exactly this. It's not the game I have the problem with, it's a pretty standard fifa, they have always had flaws in regards to gameplay/servers. It's more the way EA acts towards the players. Ultimate team has become a compete cash machine for EA to the detriment of the content.
  • BSDShoes
    1601 posts Play-Off Hero
    I skipped 11-13, 16 and 18, I'll most likely skip 20, not that I regret buying FIFA 19 but over time it just became less and less fun and in a shorter time than it took me in FIFA 17.
  • Leyboi86
    322 posts Sunday League Hero
    I Defo wont it's the only game where u not actually playing really ,