Is it sensible buying an IF Reus now?

iD33J91
5440 posts Big Money Move
Want SPOTM Reus - regrettably didn’t do POTM Reus.

I should’ve bought an IF a while ago but didn’t. So should I buy one now, he’s overpriced but I assume that’s due to the estimated requirements??

Any chance a SPOTM Reus wouldn’t require a special CAM Reus card?

Comments

• Finesse_4days
    6803 posts Big Money Move
    iD33J91 wrote: »

I should’ve bought an IF a while ago but didn’t. So should I buy one now, he’s overpriced but I assume that’s due to the estimated requirements??

Wait until the Sbc is released and buy when people are offloading their IF Reus cards if he is needed as he should drop a bit with people panic selling, if he is not needed which I wouldn't rule out he will require either loads of 84-86 rated informs or some really high rated squads. Either way buying an inform Reus at 400k now is a bad move , wait until Friday before we know there may be no SBC with how Ea are or it may require a squad with 11 informs and 70 chem,
  • iD33J91

Wait until the Sbc is released and buy when people are offloading their IF Reus cards if he is needed as he should drop a bit with people panic selling, if he is not needed which I wouldn't rule out he will require either loads of 84-86 rated informs or some really high rated squads. Either way buying an inform Reus at 400k now is a bad move , wait until Friday before we know there may be no SBC with how Ea are or it may require a squad with 11 informs and 70 chem,

Yeah guess so, tough one to call as I can’t see EA screwing over all those who did his first POTM, but then at the same time I defo can 😂
  • McLaughlan_26
    483 posts Sunday League Hero
    Depends how harsh they want to be with it but they won't make it exclusively for POTM cards by doing 88 special card, german, dortmund.

So they could do 86+, german, dormund special which will open the door for IF Reus and Gozte

Or they could do exclude flashback cards to screw Gozte owners over
  • Henstock
    2674 posts Fans' Favourite
    I think it'll require one, I dont recall a second POTM card not requiring a special version, its only fair for those whom own the first POTM.

But it is a big investment if it goes wrong
  • iD33J91
    Depends how harsh they want to be with it but they won't make it exclusively for POTM cards by doing 88 special card, german, dortmund.

So they could do 86+, german, dormund special which will open the door for IF Reus and Gozte

Hard to say, big diff in cost between gotze and Reus... I didn’t do Gotze either
  • Scutch
    10332 posts Has That Special Something
    Henstock wrote: »
    I think it'll require one, I dont recall a second POTM card not requiring a special version, its only fair for those whom own the first POTM.

But it is a big investment if it goes wrong

Yeah you could lose a LOT of coins if they mess with the requirements.
  • iD33J91
    Ok cheers lads, think I’ll hold off on picking a Reus up. Should’ve done the POTM!!

I’ll see what happens Friday!
  • McLaughlan_26
    483 posts Sunday League Hero

Hard to say, big diff in cost between gotze and Reus... I didn’t do Gotze either

I did Gozte, I'll be extremely happy if I can use him to get Reus but I personally can't see them letting me exchange a 100/150k card plus some extras for Reus. They won't make it exclusive to POTM owners, and it would also be harsh to screw them over by doing high squad rating requirements plus some IF's.

I've personally invested in some IF Fahrmann/Terrode in the hope of making profit, I'll probably only do the card if I can trade in my Gozte otherwise it'll be too expensive for me to justify because I don't use a bundes team
  • Sercs
    18613 posts World Class
    Yeah hold off, big risk and price is already high. Even if he is needed odds are his price will come down a tad before going on to become extinct
  • BcfcDale88
    3642 posts National Call-Up
    I’d buy one. They are gonna need a special Reus can’t see them changing much for a 2nd potm
  • maymanpele
    14389 posts Has That Special Something
    BcfcDale88 wrote: »
    I’d buy one. They are gonna need a special Reus can’t see them changing much for a 2nd potm

There are 70 special Reus cards on the market right now (including his UCL card). I'm not sure there are enough special cards for them to require that. I know people have them in their trade pile waiting to sell, but I feel like it's too rare of a requirement.
  • LuckyStrikE
    3312 posts National Call-Up
    maymanpele wrote: »

There are 70 special Reus cards on the market right now (including his UCL card). I'm not sure there are enough special cards for them to require that. I know people have them in their trade pile waiting to sell, but I feel like it's too rare of a requirement.

Like me, many people have Potm Reus, so these would only be needed for people that didn't do potm Rues.

What would help supply is for them to rerelease IF Rues along with a few other high rated IFs in packs or an SBC.
  • maymanpele
    14389 posts Has That Special Something
    maymanpele wrote: »

Like me, many people have Potm Reus, so these would only be needed for people that didn't do potm Rues.

What would help supply is for them to rerelease IF Rues along with a few other high rated IFs in packs or an SBC.

They did release his card during the best of totw during black Friday I believe, but I still think it's too restricting of a requirement. Either way, we shall see on Friday.