Check out the pitch notes for an update on upcoming content here.

The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

We need to be the better person.....

HektorOvTroy
1637 posts Play-Off Hero
I am guilty of retaliating with slow play, time wasting and watching replays when my opponent watches a replay or long celebration.

I've decided that the only way to try and encourage people to skip replays is to be the better person and just continue to play normally and skip everything as normal.

Then send a simple message at the end saying "to skip straight to kick off lb+RB. gg"

Only we can make the community less toxic through leading by example.

Comments

• SavelPT
    321 posts Sunday League Hero
    Don't result. I play normal and the guys still made this until the 120th minute.
  • HektorOvTroy
    1637 posts Play-Off Hero
    SavelPT wrote: »
    Don't result. I play normal and the guys still made this until the 120th minute.

Yes. But as I said. Play nice and then send a nice friendly message reminding them of the way to skip.

I genuinely think some people don't know as I play people who watch the celebration then skip the replay.
  • JURITO1000
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    Whats the quickest way to write somebody after the game? Do i need manually find his nickname on ps and write message or can i somehow directly find him in game?
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    JURITO1000 wrote: »
    Whats the quickest way to write somebody after the game? Do i need manually find his nickname on ps and write message or can i somehow directly find him in game?

The psn name will pop up when they're on the ball then use the app. Much quicker.
  • TheArchitect
    941 posts Professional
    Some don't even kick off right away. just stand there waiting for santa to magically show up.
  • Davola77
    387 posts Sunday League Hero
    SavelPT wrote: »

Yes. But as I said. Play nice and then send a nice friendly message reminding them of the way to skip.

I genuinely think some people don't know as I play people who watch the celebration then skip the replay.

Only found out a couple of days ago you could skip the celebration after reading one of these threads. Now just skip straight to kick off
  • Galayn
    518 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I honestly did not know one could skip the celebration altogether - good to know, so it is LB+RB, right?
  • HektorOvTroy
    1637 posts Play-Off Hero
    Galayn wrote: »
    I honestly did not know one could skip the celebration altogether - good to know, so it is LB+RB, right?

Yes. It skips straight to kick off.
  • Kenpachi_FIFA
    505 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Much respect to opponents that skip goal celebration. I may be mad if I lose but u have my respect.
  • HektorOvTroy
    1637 posts Play-Off Hero
    Some don't even kick off right away. just stand there waiting for santa to magically show up.

Yep. All part of trying to wind people up.
  • dengah109
    195 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I'm sure there are a few ppl who dont know how to skip but still 9 out of 10 players if not more I come up against will watch every single goal whether its good or not, they will do stupid celebrations and they will deliberately take the maximum amount of time over all breaks of play, kick offs etc... it is really grating at the moment. I am in one of those runs where I can barely buy a win atm, most of us go through this, so it is especially frustrating. I just dont get it, even if they are beating me comfortably and its clear they are way better and no way am I getting back into the game they can score to make it 5-0 with some flukey rebound goal and still celebrate like its a 90th minute winner against a pro player.
    I dunno if it is generational or what but it is getting to me at the moment, when I start winning games again it wont grate quite as much but by god atm it is. Just so annoying I skip immediately every goal regardless and still very very very rarely is that returned by the person I am playing against.
  • HektorOvTroy
    1637 posts Play-Off Hero
    Be Strong
  • FootyFootyFootball
    2706 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2018
    It's a nice idea and I completely agree. I always skip straight to kick off and there's always a small element of respect for someone else that does the same.

Unfortunately even the pros try to wind up their opponents in the big games and, with this generation's obsession with the prats on YouTube, I don't think it'll be changing any time soon.
  • HektorOvTroy
    1637 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited December 2018
    Take satisfaction that you are not one of them.

As I said, I am guilty of retaliating.

No more.

I'll behave how I want other people to behave towards me even if they're not.