The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

The reason for no icon 4 yet.

HektorOvTroy
1637 posts Play-Off Hero
Waiting until 3 finishes.

Which to me means they didn't want 3 to be too cheap.

Which means it's a base icon SBC.

Comments

  • ColeWorld
    11312 posts Has That Special Something
    The reason is: EA is incompetent
  • Probably an icon sbc that doesn't require an icon is more likely.
    Still cost around 600K though.
  • FarPostGhost
    423 posts Sunday League Hero
    Waiting until 3 finishes.

    Which to me means they didn't want 3 to be too cheap.

    Which means it's a base icon SBC.
    Yep, if it was just high rated squads for 4 they would have done it by now.
  • CM15
    520 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Adifunky wrote: »
    Probably an icon sbc that doesn't require an icon is more likely.
    Still cost around 600K though.

  • CM15
    520 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Waiting until 3 finishes.

    Which to me means they didn't want 3 to be too cheap.

    Which means it's a base icon SBC.
    Yep, if it was just high rated squads for 4 they would have done it by now.

    Nah because then people would do 4 to unlock 3

  • madwullie
    6429 posts Big Money Move
    Yeah I agree it seems pretty clear now they're waiting for 3 to expire then start again with a clean slate whatever that involves
  • FarPostGhost
    423 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited December 2018
    CM15 wrote: »
    Waiting until 3 finishes.

    Which to me means they didn't want 3 to be too cheap.

    Which means it's a base icon SBC.
    Yep, if it was just high rated squads for 4 they would have done it by now.

    Nah because then people would do 4 to unlock 3
    No because 4 would cost more than a set 3 icon, whereas if they released a baby icon SBC now people would rinse it to complete set 3 and get a prime icon for the price of a baby icon SBC plus a few gold/silver/bronze cards.
  • MUFC_420
    2402 posts Fans' Favourite
    My guess is that they are waiting for set 3 to expire then they will release set 4 without an icon requirement.

    We won't get a base icon SBC before March mark my words.
  • FarPostGhost
    423 posts Sunday League Hero
    MUFC_420 wrote: »
    My guess is that they are waiting for set 3 to expire then they will release set 4 without an icon requirement.

    We won't get a base icon SBC before March mark my words.
    Possibly a non-repeatable one?

  • Mrhey31
    1921 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ohhh wait its EA they care about their fan base, they will be sure they give you what you paid for. And they do not care about provid, i think I read somewhere they are a non provid orginasation.
    They are waiting to put more Icons in packs so we all can play with Icons. At least thats how games work right, you play a lot of games and you get more content.
    >:)>:)>:)

    Sarcasm off:

    They will not give us one thing... they will give us objectives that will force us to buy buy buy. And if you dont you do not get to play with icons.


  • MUFC_420
    2402 posts Fans' Favourite
    MUFC_420 wrote: »
    My guess is that they are waiting for set 3 to expire then they will release set 4 without an icon requirement.

    We won't get a base icon SBC before March mark my words.
    Possibly a non-repeatable one?

    Far too early in the game regardless of the price of base icons. Just my opinion though.
  • FarPostGhost
    423 posts Sunday League Hero
    A
    Mrhey31 wrote: »
    Ohhh wait its EA they care about their fan base, they will be sure they give you what you paid for. And they do not care about provid, i think I read somewhere they are a non provid orginasation.
    They are waiting to put more Icons in packs so we all can play with Icons. At least thats how games work right, you play a lot of games and you get more content.
    >:)>:)>:)

    Sarcasm off:

    They will not give us one thing... they will give us objectives that will force us to buy buy buy. And if you dont you do not get to play with icons.


    Provid provid provid, that’s their ironic company motto

  • FarPostGhost
    423 posts Sunday League Hero
    MUFC_420 wrote: »
    MUFC_420 wrote: »
    My guess is that they are waiting for set 3 to expire then they will release set 4 without an icon requirement.

    We won't get a base icon SBC before March mark my words.
    Possibly a non-repeatable one?

    Far too early in the game regardless of the price of base icons. Just my opinion though.


    I see your point, however, if this is the case why not release set 4 before now?
  • HullCity1904
    2264 posts Fans' Favourite
    They won't do base icon SBC

    but they don't want an Icon set to remain there as comparison...

    They will 100% change the system of the requirements imo... that's why it's not out..

    It might be because of the moans and groans or it's because they're bringing out higher Primes, that require more complex requirements
  • MUFC_420
    2402 posts Fans' Favourite
    MUFC_420 wrote: »
    MUFC_420 wrote: »
    My guess is that they are waiting for set 3 to expire then they will release set 4 without an icon requirement.

    We won't get a base icon SBC before March mark my words.
    Possibly a non-repeatable one?

    Far too early in the game regardless of the price of base icons. Just my opinion though.


    I see your point, however, if this is the case why not release set 4 before now?

    They are obviously waiting for set 3 to expire but the reason behind that nobody knows.

    Maybe going to completely rework the requirements or possibly release a set of low rated primes with requirements that will be cheaper than buying a base icon of the market to sort the base icon prices out who knows.

    All will be revealed on Friday no doubt.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    3899 posts National Call-Up
    The only rational explanation is that BOTH sets are coming out. One non-repeatable base icon SBC and a set 4 which could likely require two icons (for comparison, we had Henry and Dinho around this time last year).

    This is a decent solution because on one hand it doesn't completely crash the fodder icons, somewhat preserving the price and on the other hand shift the subversive power away from hoarders sitting on base icons.
  • Aspral
    3796 posts National Call-Up
    Reason is they made a mistake and then blamed the players for it and said they'll not be held at ransom for their own mistakes.
  • Dutchcaliber
    2788 posts Fans' Favourite
    because ea is a joke. nobody cares about cl laporte or kroos. the prices for icons are insane right now. and they dont care about it because they only care about money. this is the worst video game ever created and they still dont care.
  • Ean155
    483 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited December 2018
    Means 86+ epl players are a good investment with potm coming too
  • Murphdogz
    1524 posts Play-Off Hero
    David Beckham will be in set 4.
  • CtldChaos
    2205 posts Fans' Favourite
    CM15 wrote: »
    Waiting until 3 finishes.

    Which to me means they didn't want 3 to be too cheap.

    Which means it's a base icon SBC.
    Yep, if it was just high rated squads for 4 they would have done it by now.

    Nah because then people would do 4 to unlock 3
    No because 4 would cost more than a set 3 icon, whereas if they released a baby icon SBC now people would rinse it to complete set 3 and get a prime icon for the price of a baby icon SBC plus a few gold/silver/bronze cards.

    And all of the people that did Set 3 at the "normal" price would get their pitchforks and riot..... all 5 of them.
  • CtldChaos
    2205 posts Fans' Favourite
    The only rational explanation is that BOTH sets are coming out. One non-repeatable base icon SBC and a set 4 which could likely require two icons (for comparison, we had Henry and Dinho around this time last year).

    This is a decent solution because on one hand it doesn't completely crash the fodder icons, somewhat preserving the price and on the other hand shift the subversive power away from hoarders sitting on base icons.

    It would also need to be untradeable. Otherwise, the shock to the market would be banana's with high rated golds shooting up and icon's plummeting down.
  • FarPostGhost
    423 posts Sunday League Hero
    CtldChaos wrote: »
    CM15 wrote: »
    Waiting until 3 finishes.

    Which to me means they didn't want 3 to be too cheap.

    Which means it's a base icon SBC.
    Yep, if it was just high rated squads for 4 they would have done it by now.

    Nah because then people would do 4 to unlock 3
    No because 4 would cost more than a set 3 icon, whereas if they released a baby icon SBC now people would rinse it to complete set 3 and get a prime icon for the price of a baby icon SBC plus a few gold/silver/bronze cards.

    And all of the people that did Set 3 at the "normal" price would get their pitchforks and riot..... all 5 of them.
    Haha, I think 5 is a little inflated
  • Drizzt
    485 posts An Exciting Prospect
    My worry is that to tackle the high icon prices, EA decide to increase the price range of some elite icons.

    The higher the icon prices the better for EA it seems.

    Welcome to FIFA 15 peeps.

    15 mil and extinct... ahh it's a mad house...
  • HullCity1904
    2264 posts Fans' Favourite
    Drizzt wrote: »
    My worry is that to tackle the high icon prices, EA decide to increase the price range of some elite icons.

    The higher the icon prices the better for EA it seems.

    Welcome to FIFA 15 peeps.

    15 mil and extinct... ahh it's a mad house...

    Is it though?

    Trading has never been easier for some apparently

    Earning coins has never been easier also

    So you can't have it both ways.

    I'd blame those with 4 million coin teams and 4 million on their tradepiles... not EA
  • LovelyVillain
    3579 posts National Call-Up
    Adifunky wrote: »
    Probably an icon sbc that doesn't require an icon is more likely.
    Still cost around 600K though.

    My Untradeable Hagi’s days Are numbered it seems
  • Williejno1
    3111 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2018
    Drizzt wrote: »
    My worry is that to tackle the high icon prices, EA decide to increase the price range of some elite icons.

    The higher the icon prices the better for EA it seems.

    Welcome to FIFA 15 peeps.

    15 mil and extinct... ahh it's a mad house...

    Is it though?

    Trading has never been easier for some apparently

    Earning coins has never been easier also

    So you can't have it both ways.

    I'd blame those with 4 million coin teams and 4 million on their tradepiles... not EA
    Y blame people with 4million coin teams if they have millions in virtual coins that is of no use anywhere but the game should they still play with Jesus and co
    what else do U think they should do with them I’m curious
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    13160 posts Has That Special Something
    MUFC_420 wrote: »
    MUFC_420 wrote: »
    My guess is that they are waiting for set 3 to expire then they will release set 4 without an icon requirement.

    We won't get a base icon SBC before March mark my words.
    Possibly a non-repeatable one?

    Far too early in the game regardless of the price of base icons. Just my opinion though.

    tbh, we never expected that icon be required for ❤️❤️❤️❤️ prime icons this year either, EA is inconsistent, first two icon SBCs came out like 1 week after the day, then the 3rd took came 2 weeks after the first, and now it seems the 4th one will be 4 weeks after the 3rd
Sign In or Register to comment.