The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

A better understanding to pack odds: The raw rapacity from EA.

lIlIlIlIlIl
3932 posts National Call-Up
edited December 2018
As the minimalistic pack terms disclosure provided by EA at a mere glance provides little to no tangible information about the actual success rate of packing TOTGS items, a fellow redditor crunched the numbers exposing the fraud:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/a4a2lo/table_summarizing_probability_of_packing_1_cl/

Fig. 1
Info from EA:
official.png

---

Fig. 2
Actual odds:
odds.png

Comments

• Jaymizzo
    2383 posts Fans' Favourite
    Pack weights do not stack. If you open 10 packs, the % is still 1.9
  • probably the biggest con in gaming history ever
    and a good play on words by EA
    i have learnt the hard way sinking atleast £1k every year
    but now it's
    game over man game over EA
    I'm out .
  • Waldog94
    2166 posts Fans' Favourite
    Inbefore somebody opens 480 ultinate packs and still doesn’t get a ucl player
  • Tue69
    1174 posts Professional
    Jaymizzo wrote: »

The post actually says that if you follow the link. Its not stacked.
  • Bambobär
    450 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Tue69 wrote: »

The post actually says that if you follow the link. Its not stacked.

Yep, actually you can literally spend 60 Mill coins and not pulling any UCL-TOTGS-Card
  • Kenpachi_FIFA
    505 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited December 2018
    Wow. I actually feel very lucky to pull a totgs Fekir with my sb rewards. But I don't think EA is trying to fool anyone. You have one percent chance of pulling a totgs card. According to the chart you open 100 packs, your odds are between 80-90% to getting one. Its not until.you see actual.numbers that people start to get it.
  • bigpokey24
    4864 posts Big Money Move
    well this won't encourage anyone to buy fifapoints :D
  • CtldChaos
    2205 posts Fans' Favourite

Ohhh good god.... not this again.....

To try an kill this before it gets going. What they are talking about here, and what was calculated, was how many packs you would need to open to effectively guarantee that you got ONE UCL card out of ALL the pack openings.

That is DIFFERENT then the odds of pulling a UCL card in any one pack.

You are right, individually the pack odds do not stack, but no one is claiming that they do, they are asking: How many packs would I need to open to effectively guarantee getting one UCL across all those pack openings assuming each individual pack has a 1.9% odd of getting one.
  • '96dc2
    9026 posts League Winner
    @EA_Andy thats what EA are sucking kids in with. £12k for 1 totgs card. Criminal..
  • Murphdogz
    1524 posts Play-Off Hero
    Havent had a player over 84 rated in roughly 100 packs.prime gold players rare mega packs.small rare gold players packs.promo ones.its actually a complete joke now.somthing needs doing about this
  • Jaymizzo
    2383 posts Fans' Favourite
    CtldChaos wrote: »

Ohhh good god.... not this again.....

To try an kill this before it gets going. What they are talking about here, and what was calculated, was how many packs you would need to open to effectively guarantee that you got ONE UCL card out of ALL the pack openings.

That is DIFFERENT then the odds of pulling a UCL card in any one pack.

You are right, individually the pack odds do not stack, but no one is claiming that they do, they are asking: How many packs would I need to open to effectively guarantee getting one UCL across all those pack openings assuming each individual pack has a 1.9% odd of getting one.

That analysis still makes no sense because it assumes that you don't pack any UCL players within the first few packs. Yes, it talks about a guaranteed chance... but that doesn't exist.

You could realistically open 50mil worth of packs and get one or two players per the analysis or get a lot more.
  • I opened 5-7 ultimate packs, 9 mega packs and 5 rare players packs and didn't get a walkout over the weekend.. I did 60-70 two rare gold player upgrade packs and no walkouts.. I think FIFA is on the ultimate trolling spree