Are you a FIFA streamer? Get yourself added to the forum list here

Real Betis - A New Dawn?

dazcol81
88 posts Park Captain
1488210825_983689_1488210911_noticia_normal.jpg

The institutional situation at Betis remains shrouded in doubt but a new possibility has emerged after Canal Sur Radio reported on Monday that a Chinese conglomerate is considering launching a takeover bid for the Liga club.

According to Canal Sur, the unidentified consortium is planning to table an offer of 160 million euros to acquire control of Betis and has come about as a result of club chief executive Ramón Alarcón’s recent trip to the Far East to drum up sponsorship deals

Comments

• dazcol81
    88 posts Park Captain
    edited December 2018
    La Liga Side Real Betis To Present '18-19 Budget Of $103M, Which Could Rise To $117M.
    Betis will present a budget for the '18-19 season of €87.7M ($102.5M) at its annual general shareholders' meeting on Jul. 23, according to Miguel Á. Morán of MARCA. The budget "has the potential to rise" to €100M ($117M). The club's income "has never been higher," with most of the funds coming from the sale of TV rights, of which the club is "initially owed" €48.5M ($56.7M). The exact amount "is set to be clarified at the end of the current season" once the final La Liga standings are taken into account. For '17-18, Real Betis earned €4M through ticket sales, while season ticket revenue stands at a figure closer to €9M. The club also brought in €7.5M from advertising and marketing contracts "and it is likely this figure will increase" once negotiations to finalize a new shirt sponsor are completed (MARCA).
  • dazcol81
    88 posts Park Captain
    edited December 2018
    July 1st 2018

*BREAKING NEWS *

TAKEOVER CONFIRMED!

Seville based club, Real Betis enter a new era today as it was announced that a Chinese consortium has seized control of the club paying a reported 160 million euros. The new president of Los Verdiblancos has been named as 48 year old Zhang Wei, a billionaire electronics magnate. Wei, in a brief statement to the Stock Exchange has stated that it has been an ambition of his for a long time to own a football club and he has been waiting for the right club at the right time. That club is now Real Betis. As part of the immediate takeover, Wei announced that current manager Quique Setien has parted the club by mutual consent. The new owner also disclosed that a new head coach has already been identified and will be announced at a press conference on Monday.

More to follow...
  • FluZ8
    18 posts Ball Boy
    Good Luck ;)
  • subpop
    2847 posts Fans' Favourite
    Welcome and good luck. Very interesting choice. I was tempted to do this story too. Very attacking team.

I don't like to see foreign investors taking over the club though. Money isn't everything in life!!
  • dazcol81
    88 posts Park Captain
    Thank you @subpop. Yes I wasn't sure whether to go down the foreign investor route because I'm not too keen on it either but there were rumours of a Chinese takeover in real life so that swayed my thinking. Will Mr Wei prove to be in it for the long term or is Bêtis his new play thing?
  • dazcol81
    88 posts Park Captain
    Monday July 2nd 2018

Real Bêtis Press Conference.

Zhang Wei -

'Gentlemen thank you for attending today. I have called this press conference to announce the new management team, structure and philosophy for Real Bêtis going forward. Before I accept any questions I would like to introduce my new Sporting Director. I think the Bêtis fans may recognise him. Please welcome Mr Alfonso Perez. As you all know Alfonso played for this great club 197 times scoring 67 goals in the process. He bleeds green and white. Alfonso has completed a business degree and I couldn't think of anyone better to run the club in a sporting capacity than him. Working closely with Alfonso, I would like to introduce Mr Martin Palermo. Martin is also another former Bêtis player and he will act as a consultant and also assist in the commercial side of the business. Martin has also been integral in securing the signature of the new Head Coach of Real Bêtis Balompie. Many of you will not have heard of this man's name but soon everyone will know who he is, I'm sure of that. I'd like to give the warmest of welcomes to 37 year old Argentinian, Mr Dareo Colledgizi who has signed a 3 year deal.

*Dareo enters the room and takes his seat in the middle of the table*

Zhang - 'We will now take your questions'

• Q. Dareo, Juan Serra from Marca. What is your footballing background?

First of all, Can I just say what an honour it is to be the Head Coach of this famous club. Now in answer to your question - I have spent the last 13 years in various roles at Boca Juniors. I started as an analyst assisting the coaches and scouts before restructuring the youth setups and then managing the academy. I was on course to one day manage Boca but after meeting Zhang and speaking with Martin extensively I agreed to become part of this exciting project.

• Q. Mr Wei, Guillemot Pacheco from El Pais. You mentioned philosophy. What will that be?

I'm glad you asked. Our management team are in full agreement that this club will become self sufficient. I intend to support Dareo initially in this transfer window but then the club must generate money in order to strengthen when needed. We will be targeting primarily young players with the potential to be world class stars. Ideally these will be Spanish but we will scour the world for talent with value for money.

• Q. Hi Dareo, this is Sam Lee from Goal.Com. Will you be looking to make many changes in this window?

Hi Sam. I have watched this squad extensively recently and there could be a bit of movement, yes. We have already drawn up a list of potential targets and hope to announce a couple of signings that we have been working on behind the scenes in the next day or two.

Zhang - Last question gentlemen.

•Q. Dareo, Luis Flores from World Soccer. What message do you have for the Bêtis fans who will be sceptical about your abilities and lack of experience?

Simple. Trust me, believe that I have full confidence in my abilities and look forward to some exciting times ahead!

Zhang - That concludes the Press Conference, thanks for coming and we will have more developments in the coming days.

• dazcol81
    88 posts Park Captain
    *** Breaking News***

3rd July 2018

Hot on the heels of the whirlwind takeover and managerial announcement, Real Bêtis have today announced their first new arrival of the Dareo Colledgizi reign. 19 year old Manchester City youth team player, Brahim Diaz has agreed to join the new era for a fee of £2.5m. In what will be regarded as a coup, the attacking midfielder was paraded outside Bêtis stadium this afternoon. Brahim will wear the number 15 jersey.
  • dazcol81
    88 posts Park Captain
    Just to say that this is my first story and I am not great at the graphics side of things! I am trying to figure things out but in the meantime I hope the story will keep some people entertained as I go along. Thanks for reading.
  • dazcol81
    88 posts Park Captain
    edited December 2018
    Alfonso_agua.jpg

July 12th 2018

skysports-sports-news-ssn-breaking_3948130.jpg?20170508104507

Real Betis Sporting Director Alfonso Perez, during a hastily arranged press conference, has just announced major transfer news to the waiting media outlets. Los Verdiblancos first order of business was to announce that manager Dareo Colledgizi will have a transfer budget of around £15m this summer as well as 80% of any money generated from outgoing transfers. Following on from this was the announcement of two key departures. Paraguayan forward, Antonio Sanabria has agreed to sign for Italian giants A.C. Milan for a fee of £22.5m stating it was a ‘dream move’ for him. Also leaving Spain for foreign shores is 29 year old striker, Sergio Leon. He joins Mauricio Pochettino’s Tottenham Hotspur for £12.7m.

The second and third additions of the Colledgizi reign, joining recently acquired Brahim Diaz, have also been announced, however.

21 year old, Venezuelan, Adalberto Penaranda joins the club from Watford adalberto-penaranda-watford-forward.jpg in a player plus cash deal with Betis paying £1.5m and sending Goalkeeper Joel Robles the other way.

The deal that the Betis fans will be most excited about, though, is the deal that they have struck with Valencia for 22 year old Centre-Forward, Santi Mina. Santi-Mina.jpg
    The ambitious Andalusian’s have announced that they will pay Valencia £12.5m for the Spaniard with £10m rated Takashi Inui going the other way. Colledgizi and his management team really seem to be utilising the transfer market wisely, including out of favour players as part of deals to capture targets.
  • dazcol81
    88 posts Park Captain
    edited December 2018

Real Betis Squad List 2018 - 2019 (Pre - new additions) to be updated at the end of transfer window (Departed players excluded)

1200px-Real_betis_logo.svg.png

Pau López
    Pos - GK
    Age - 23
    Contract - 2018 ~ 2023
    Value - €21.5M
    Salary - €21K

A. Mandi

Pos - RCB
    Age - 26
    Contract - 2016 ~ 2021
    Value - €13M
    Salary - €26K

M. Bartra
    Pos - CB/RB
    Age - 27
    Contract - 2018 ~ 2023
    Value - €21M
    Salary - €32K

Sidnei
    Pos - LCB
    Age - 28
    Contract -2018 ~ 2022
    Value - €11.5M
    Salary - €27K

Francis
    Pos - RM RWB RB
    Age - 22
    Contract - 2016 ~ 2022
    Value - €9M
    Salary - €19K

A. Guardado
    Pos - CM CDM
    Age -31
    Contract - 2017 ~ 2020
    Value - €19M
    Salary - €35K

William Carvalho
    Pos - CDM CM
    Age - 26
    Contract - 2018 ~ 2023
    Value - €31.5M
    Salary - €38K

Junior Firpo
    Pos - LWB LB CB LM
    Age - 21
    Contract - 2015 ~ 2023
    Value - €8.5M
    Salary - €15K

Canales
    Pos - CAM CM RM RW
    Age - 27
    Contract - 2018 ~ 2022
    Value - €15.5M
    Salary - €30K

G. Lo Celso
    Pos - CM CAM CDM
    Age - 22
    Contract - Jun 30, 2019
    Value - €20M
    Salary - €72K

Loren
    Pos - ST RM
    Age - 24
    Contract - 2015 ~ 2022
    Value - €14M
    Salary - €25K

Joaquín
    Pos - RM LM ST
    Age - 36
    Contract - 2015 ~ 2020
    Value - €6M
    Salary - €24K

Cristian Tello
    Pos - LM RM
    Age - 26
    Contract - 2017 ~ 2022
    Value - €16M
    Salary - €30K

Javi García
    Pos - CDM CM CB
    Age - 31
    Contract - 2017 ~ 2020
    Value - €7M
    Salary - €23K

Z. Feddal
    Pos - CB
    Age - 28
    Contract - 2017 ~ 2021
    Value - €12M
    Salary - €29K

R. Boudebouz
    Pos - CAM RM ST
    Age - 28
    Contract - 2017 ~ 2021
    Value - €15M
    Salary - €31K

Barragán
    Pos - RWB RB
    Age - 31
    Contract - 2018 ~ 2020
    Value - €5M
    Salary - €21K

W. Kaptoum
    Pos - CM CDM
    Age - 21
    Contract - 2018 ~ 2020
    Value - €1.1M
    Salary - €5K

Robert
    Pos - RW LW ST
    Age - 17
    Contract - 2017 ~ 2020
    Value - €500K
    Salary - €2K

Iván
    Pos - LM
    Age - 21
    Contract - 2017 ~ 2020
    Value - €475K
    Salary - €3K

Daniel Rebollo
    Pos - GK
    Age - 18
    Contract - 2017 ~ 2019
    Value - €350K
    Salary - €1K

Altamirano
    Pos - LW
    Age - 21
    Contract - 2018 ~ 2019
    Value - €230K
    Salary - €2K

Sergio Tienza
    Pos - GK
    Age - 21
    Contract - 2017 ~ 2020
    Value - €260K
    Salary - €2K

On Loan

Camarasa
    Pos -CM RM CAM
    Age - 24
    Loaned to - Cardiff City
    Duration - Jun 30, 2019
    Value - €10.5M
    Salary - €20K

Alex Alegría
    Pos - ST
    Age - 25
    Loaned to - Rayo Vallecano
    Duration - Jun 30, 2019
    Value - €3M
    Salary - €15K

J. Narváez L
    Pos - CM LM ST
    Age - 23
    Loaned to - UD Almería
    Duration - Jun 30, 2019
    Value - €1.6M
    Salary - €9K

D. Brasanac
    Pos - CM RM CDM
    Age - 26
    Loaned to - Deportivo Alavés
    Duration - Jun 30, 2019
    Value - €7M
    Salary - €20K

Redru
    Pos - LB
    Age - 21
    Loaned to - Elche CF
    Duration - Jun 30, 2019
    Value - €550K
    Salary - €3K

Aitor Ruibal
    Pos - ST RM
    Age - 22
    Loaned to - Rayo Majadahonda
    Duration - Jun 30, 2019
    Value - €700K
    Salary - €5K
  • dazcol81
    88 posts Park Captain
    Current Transfers (Up to and including July 16th 2018)

Starting Budget - £15m

In’s

Brahim Diaz – £2.5m (Manchester City)

Adalbert Penaranda - £1.5m + Joel Robles (Watford)

Santi Mina - £12.5m + Takashi Inui (Valencia)

Out’s

Antonio Sanabria - £22.5m (A.C. Milan)

Sergio Leon - £12.7m (Tottenham Hotspur)

Joel Robles (Swap deal)

Takashi Inui (Swap deal)
  • subpop
    Very interesting signings. I only have doubts on Santi Mina... I don't know if he will improve Sanabria... although it's also true that it's difficult to keep a player like him, if AC Milan knocks the door. Brahim Diaz is a very interesting prospect though.

Willing to see how the team performs.
  • You've made some good signings in my opinion. It will be interesting to see how they will fit into the team and if the squad will adapt to Dareo's philosophy...

Good luck...
  • dazcol81
    88 posts Park Captain
    You've made some good signings in my opinion. It will be interesting to see how they will fit into the team and if the squad will adapt to Dareo's philosophy...

Good luck...

Thanks! I hope they hit the ground running!

There will be more business in the window I'm sure as Dareo moulds the squad he wants
  • dazcol81
    88 posts Park Captain
    subpop wrote: »
    Very interesting signings. I only have doubts on Santi Mina... I don't know if he will improve Sanabria... although it's also true that it's difficult to keep a player like him, if AC Milan knocks the door. Brahim Diaz is a very interesting prospect though.

Willing to see how the team performs.

Sanabria leaving was a blow but I feel the fee was a good one. Santi is still young so has a lot of scope to improve but I feel he has good raw potential to do that.

Excited to see how Brahim Diaz adapts!
  • dazcol81
    88 posts Park Captain
    edited December 2018
    July 19th 2018

STUNNING NEWS COMING FROM THE ESTADIO BENITO VILLAMARIN!!!

Real Betis boss Dareo Colledgizi proudly announces to the world media that his club have managed to pull off an audacious swoop for highly rated F.C. Barcelona youngster Riqui Puig!

talent-presentation-de-riqui-puig-la-pepite-du-fc-barcelone__637561_.jpg?content=1

Puig's buyout clause of £4.9m has been met by the ambitious Andalusians and he was tempted away from the Camp Nou by the promise of immediate first team football. The Catalans were powerless to stop their jewel leaving but insisted on a £21.2m future buyout clause in Puig's deal. Puig will wear the number 8 shirt for his new club.

Colledgizi, Alfonso Perez, Palermo and Chairman Zhang Wei's philosophy certainly looks to be taking shape!
    Post edited by dazcol81 on
  • dazcol81
    88 posts Park Captain
    Real Betis unveiled their new Home and Away strips today for the 2018/19 season

Home

betis-18-19-home-kit-1.jpg

Away

real_betis_18_19_kappa_away_kit_f-1000x600.jpg

• dazcol81
    88 posts Park Captain
    A bit of information for this career save -

1 - I will be playing on professional level (as I haven't played a FIFA game since FIFA 2017) I will see how I get on at this level up until the end of the January transfer window, which is roughly half of the season, and if it is proving too easy then I will upgrade to World Class.

2 - I will be playing 6 minute halves.

3 - I will be quite busy for the first transfer window changing the outlook of my squad. I have a vision for where I want this Betis team to be and the first window will be crucial for me to get a head start on the targets and philosophy I want to implement. From reading other stories I know this is against the norm but it is a plan I will stick to. Subsequent transfer windows will be quieter with only specific targets or necessary additions added. Having looked at my squad in depth, I feel that at least half of them could be surplus to requirements depending on me landing my desired replacements.

4. I will aim to cut the average age of my squad to around 25 and will target the best young Spanish talent around as well as in Europe.

5. My preferred formation will be 4-2-3-1 or secondary a narrow 4-3-3 but I am not averse to a 3-5-2 if injuries or suspensions mount up.

6. My personal aim for the first season is to finish in the top 6 and progress to the knockout stages of the Europa League. The Copa Del Rey will be used to play fringe players and youngsters needing experience. The league is the main priority.

Wish me luck and please ask me any questions you want to! I would be happy for the interaction

¡Viva el Betis manque pierda! ("Long live Betis even when they lose!")

• dazcol81
    88 posts Park Captain
    edited December 2018
    atletico_de_madrid_shield_detail.png

Eagle eyed reporters spotted, around an hour ago, a delegation of Real Betis officials ushered into a side door at the Wanda Metropolitano. Reports are emerging that it is to discuss a deal for an Atletico Madrid player.

More to follow...
  • dazcol81
    88 posts Park Captain
    edited December 2018
    transfer-centre-generic-feature_3060905.jpg
    Real Betis are poised to break their transfer record of £21.5m paid for Brazilian, Denilson 20 years ago. We will have more as this breaking news develops...
  • dazcol81
    88 posts Park Captain
    edited December 2018
    The plot thickens at the Wanda Metropolitano as Betis Centre Back, Sidnei is seen on Social Media entering the stadium...
  • subpop
    What can I say about Riqui Puig... I have big hopes on him in real life. Definitely a very interesting player for a team like Betis, who lately look at players formed in La Masia. Very talented player.

About your story policy, I like some more than others (for example, in a realistic type of story, it'd be very difficult to sign some talented players from big clubs, despite the game makes it possible), but I have the feeling that it's going to be a great story, because I appreciate how you put things into a context. I'm sure I'll enjoy this.
  • dazcol81
    88 posts Park Captain
    tourExperience-gallery-39.jpg

*** BREAKING NEWS ***

At a press conference this morning, Real Betis have announced that they have reached a deal with Atletico Madrid for the transfer of Angel Correa in a deal which involves Centre Back, Sidnei going to the Rojiblancos. The club have confirmed that the deal will be a new transfer record of £18.6m plus £10m rated Sidnei. This comfortably eclipses the £21.5m paid for Denilson in 1998.

Correa has chosen the Number 7 shirt and will be paraded to the Betis fans tomorrow.

Angel-Correa-827268.jpg
  • dazcol81
    88 posts Park Captain
    edited December 2018
    Current Transfers (Up to and including July 23rd 2018)

Starting Budget - £15m

In’s

Brahim Diaz – £2.5m (Manchester City)

Adalbert Penaranda - £1.5m + Joel Robles (Watford)

Santi Mina - £12.5m + Takashi Inui (Valencia)

Riqui Puig - £4.9m (Barcelona)

Angel Correa - £18.6m + Sidnei (Atletico Madrid)

Total - £40m

Out’s

Antonio Sanabria - £22.5m (A.C. Milan)

Sergio Leon - £12.7m (Tottenham Hotspur)

Joel Robles (Swap deal)

Takashi Inui (Swap deal)

Total - including starting budget of £15m (Minus 20% of transfer fees received, for club funds) £43.16m

Remaining budget for transfers - £3.16m
  • DanielA-NUFC
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Like this story man! Good luck.

I started with Betis as my first save on this fifa but I did start on my settings and difficulty I used last year and that never works straight away!

Sad to see sanabria go as he’s the best player in the team and a one to built the team around but some good signings in there.
  • dazcol81
    88 posts Park Captain
    Like this story man! Good luck.

I started with Betis as my first save on this fifa but I did start on my settings and difficulty I used last year and that never works straight away!

Sad to see sanabria go as he’s the best player in the team and a one to built the team around but some good signings in there.

Cheers mate!
  • dazcol81
    88 posts Park Captain
    logo-marca.png

OUTGOINGS AT BETIS

A flurry of departures were announced today at Real Betis as no fewer than FIVE players left the Estadio Benito Villamarin for pastures new.

324730.jpg

22 year old reserve team goalkeeper Sergio Tienza has joined IFK Gothenburg for £270,000.

TsQjyuM.png

Zouhair Feddel completes a £14.4m move to Villareal. The centre back said he was delighted to join the Yellow Submarines

256x256_010452_000008_049_0_002_000_000.jpg

Young right full back, Francis Guerrero joins Eddie Howe's Bournemouth for £9m

15202799402270.jpg

Experienced midfielder, Javi Garcia has moved to French giants Lyon for £6.7m

Finally...

ryadboudebouzbesiktas.jpg

Attacking midfielder, Ryad Boudebouz has left for Borussia Dortmund for a fee of £13m

These sales have generated revenue of £43.37m for Real Betis with £34.71 being made available for new signings.

• dazcol81
    88 posts Park Captain
    25th July 2018

Current Transfer Budget Remaining -

£37.87m
  • Stlducks
    1148 posts Professional
    Very busy window which is not a bad thing for a new manager. As you say, you have a plan and must act quickly to execute it. Good luck!

Question on Real Betis, I don't follow LaLiga much outside the top teams. Who is Real Betis main rival?
  • dazcol81
    88 posts Park Captain
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Very busy window which is not a bad thing for a new manager. As you say, you have a plan and must act quickly to execute it. Good luck!

Question on Real Betis, I don't follow LaLiga much outside the top teams. Who is Real Betis main rival?

Real Bêtis's big rival is Sevilla. They have had a lot more success in recent years, especially in Europe. I am hoping to change that!

Yes it will be a busy window. In my mind, I have a two year plan of the signings I want to be able to be in a place to challenge for honours. In Spain every player has a release clause as well so sometimes they leave out of your control although you should get a large fee if this happens. When I sign new players I try to disregard a release clause.

Thanks for the question!