Market Crash?

SinkXI
753 posts Semi-Pro
I know there’s been many threads about this already, but how big is the market crash going to be ? I bought Neymar for about 710k at the start of WL just there . Most of my squad is untradeable (minus depay IF) so it’s only them that id be taking the hit on if so. Also will the market recover to near enough what it is now ? If so... I’d rather just keep instead of selling. I’m useless at trading :)

Comments

• SeanDCFC
    2372 posts Fans' Favourite
    Just play the game bro, don't worry about such things.
  • ICE_UP_SON
    482 posts Sunday League Hero
    Crashes will be smaller this year until TOTS as there so many coins put into the game weekely. If you’re worried about a 10-20% drop on Neymar you may want to sell as he is inflated because he is not in packs this week. If you’re playing a lot though just keep him he will help you get better rewards.
  • freakjas
    5219 posts Big Money Move
    Pretty sure its just the usual monday market crash. People buy their squad on thursday/friday for wl and sell it again when it finishes,
  • BSDShoes
    1599 posts Play-Off Hero
    Many players are at their lowest I've seen so far this year, but expect it to get lower by February.
  • SinkXI
    753 posts Semi-Pro
    Cheers for the reply guys. I would much rather just keep and play even if I was going to lose a small amount. Was just making sure I wasn’t being blatantly stupid by holding on and not selling. I really do have no idea how the market behaves throughout the season having taken a good few years break from FUT !
  • crackers07
    1023 posts Professional
    If you enjoy the players dont worry. If i have a player i enjoy i wont sell no matter how much the price rises or drops.
  • SinkXI
    753 posts Semi-Pro
    crackers07 wrote: »
    If you enjoy the players dont worry. If i have a player i enjoy i wont sell no matter how much the price rises or drops.

Well that was my thoughts too mate but reading this regularly puts the fear into you :lol:
  • SinkXI wrote: »
    I know there’s been many threads about this already, but how big is the market crash going to be ? I bought Neymar for about 710k at the start of WL just there . Most of my squad is untradeable (minus depay IF) so it’s only them that id be taking the hit on if so. Also will the market recover to near enough what it is now ? If so... I’d rather just keep instead of selling. I’m useless at trading :)

I honestly don't care. I have not too many players who're worth something big (Van Dijk SIF, Felipe Anderson OTW) and I also bought some OTW today.

This year is different: money are incoming far more than before, and there are also more free packs as rewards.

SBCs have been better set up by EA to keep prices high, and so far prices are even growing up on weekly basis.

TOTS will surely make the market go down, but I wouldn't expect big changes as usual, when anyway there was a downtrend already active.

SBCs such as Futmas and a new Icone one could help to keep prices not low.

And, more generally, if you don't trade just don't care: buy what you like, and if the market goes down it means also the player you like will be less expensive.

And playing with the best players mean you'll get better rewards.
  • Persevere80
    1089 posts Professional
    My advice is if your happy with your players then continue to play just now. TOTS will be the next big drop.

I sold up before bf and was patient as possible before I bought my team. I got bored easily though and sold up when prices went on the rise again. Right now I would rather a team to play with rather than worring about coins.
  • xFATAL
    4034 posts National Call-Up
    Just keep them. I made the mistake of selling Prime Eusebio before bf just to see him rise nearly 1 mil more shortly after. I'm guessing we'll see some prices drop a little before futmas than rise like crazy. EA has raised price ranges on meta icons so I guess they feel the same.
  • maunokoivisto
    403 posts Sunday League Hero
    Everybody was yelling that BF is big market crash, there wasnt. Just a somekind of dip few weeks earlier. This one seems to be same kind of dip. One thing is for sure, know one knows market behaviour in this forum. Problem is that selling, buying and doing some business is more attractive than game itself. At least to many players.
  • Jeyj38
    1139 posts Professional
    edited December 2018
    Bought about 10 Lloris last night. He was 5k under his previous minimum price.
    Not sure about selling NIF Bale though. Bought for 400k a month ago. He peeked bc hes not in packs so might be good time to sell for some coins and buy back later under 400k but who knows if he ever go lower... plus damn he good as a striker!
  • Futfanatic
    12142 posts Has That Special Something
    Everybody was yelling that BF is big market crash, there wasnt. Just a somekind of dip few weeks earlier. This one seems to be same kind of dip. One thing is for sure, know one knows market behaviour in this forum. Problem is that selling, buying and doing some business is more attractive than game itself. At least to many players.

I knew. Bought at the right time. You know nothing, just because you missed it doesn’t mean the rest of the forum did. B)
  • maunokoivisto
    403 posts Sunday League Hero
    Futfanatic wrote: »

I knew. Bought at the right time. You know nothing, just because you missed it doesn’t mean the rest of the forum did. B)

I play for fun and trade also. These kind of comments makes me happy. You knew, well congrats mate! I dont take too serious this game. And I didnt miss it, but that was just a luck ;)