Manager career, overall rating DROPS unexpectedly

Comments

• iamthebest
    114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Hey andy,

are you reading any post we posted? we only want to know when it will be fixed. We are customers, we have right to know that? Or not?

greetz
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    MrChurch wrote: »
    Any official answer?

It's a bug as you've mentioned. We're aware and have sent it to the relevant teams who are reviewing.

I don't have any further info at the moment.

• More than 15 days, they have 1 person to offline and 30 to online.... that company
  • LordBob
    66 posts Park Captain
    Fantastic work EA. Career mode is basically broken because of this. I love how this patch breaks the game and then they all scuttle off for a holiday break. Shocking QA as always.
  • DiBinni72
    54 posts Park Captain
    I like the bug, so my player in playercareer doesnt develop so fast.
    Otherwise after 2 Seasons the ratings are around 90 - my player is still at the 66 after 1 Season😀
  • iamthebest
    :(
    DiBinni72 wrote: »
    I like the bug, so my player in playercareer doesnt develop so fast.
    Otherwise after 2 Seasons the ratings are around 90 - my player is still at the 66 after 1 Season😀

• iamthebest
    edited December 2018
    i play FIFA many years, i really don,t like the way they handle this.
    Post edited by iamthebest on
  • Sugab
    1 posts Ball Boy
    edited January 3
    Dear FIFA Official,
    please fix this bug.

Because of this bug, i play Spiderman instead of playing FIFA (in which, i always playing career mode since FIFA 9). For the first time ever i move to another game (primarily played).

Pleasee FIFA please
  • KentEagle
    33 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I thought I'd post as I come on here daily to try and see if anyone has an update or any more information as to whether this -1 career bug has been resolved yet. This really isn't good enough and the lack of any real communication from anyone at EA really is poor to say the least.

As someone that only currently plays offline and paying my £50 a year for a game that isn't yet complete and constant patches, feels like I've been robbed slightly.

This has now been ongoing for about 3-4 weeks with little or no reply from what I can find online?

I have stopped playing Fifa for the time being and pretty much left my console to collect dust until I find out this issue has been resolved. I refuse to move to online play so they can make more money. The gameplay is even reportedly poor online and connection bugs.

Having been a loyal Fifa customer for every year since the game was created, career mode has been the only mode I have really enjoyed and the increase of starheads has made the game much more enjoyable year on year. I see people on here moaning and slagging off the EA team that operate on the forums but I don't see what you can achieve? These guys are probably piggy in the middle and we should just be politely asking them for information and complaining through the official channels.

The game is seemingly on it's knees with offline and online players unhappy with gameplay and bugs.

I can see myself giving Fifa 20 a go with rumours of the Bundesliga being added, but I imagine it'll be my last. I have thought about PES but with Fifa having most of the licenses, they hold the monopoly against us career mode players in terms of what we can enjoy elsewhere.

I really hope this get resolved soon as career mode is officially dead until October.
  • meatlong
    2 posts Ball Boy
    edited January 4
    KentEagle, that's a fair assessment of the current situation - we paid money for a product that is seemingly shrugged off by all who should be responsible for its continual growth and development. Factually speaking, the general consensus is that the product since demo has only regressed into what seems like a platform for mutual hatred from both online and offline players. But you are right, there a tons and tons of threads hating on the EA team and if its anything go by, people are royally upset with the state of FIFA and are perhaps not relaying it on constructively (or maybe it is? We wouldn't know since EA has pretty much kept mum about the whole situation since Xmas XD).

Moving onto PES, I have to say its definitely not a perfect product but if you ever have the chance to, explore Master League - the ideas and concepts from which FIFA can technically pick off of it (why not, since PES has also adopted quite a few positive aspects from FIFA) would truly make Career Mode a much more immersive virtual footballing experience. It goes beyond "oh let's RTG a Div 3 team and make money to sign scouts for youths and better players". The footballing depths also goes beyond just putting players into positions and watching them perform in that position as naturally as they do now; anyway, its gonna be a long conversation if I went into context here, but in short, it makes you think like a manager and forces you to consider a lot more elements, of which when you earn a victory it just tastes extra sweet because you know you crafted the team's success. It was not from just buying better talent or simply nurturing 5 youths a week to reach 90+ rating. You'll know what I mean if you tried it! :wink:

Anyways, here's to hoping us FIFA players both online and offline get the FIFA that we deserve and EA knows that they can deliver!
  • MOES98
    84 posts Park Captain
    @EA_Andy

How can you just ignore this, its going on for over a month. You told us, you was in touch with the right team to fix it. Why isnt it fixed then? Youre lying to us, your customers. Thats a disgrace. Nothing less.

If you wont even get in touch with the community, why do you even have this job. EA dont care about their customers.

• UpTheArsenal
    1 posts Ball Boy
    edited January 4
    EA can someone please address the player ratings bug because this is not acceptable I paid hard earned money to play CAREER MODE!!!! I will not be buying FIFA 20
  • Another week starts tomorrow. Can we get an update?

Already looking into buying PES.
  • Steffolovitch
    110 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The bug is really annoying, but does it ruin the game? Not to me.

I am now in my third season, and even though the ratings have droppet with some players, they seem to have come back again, and the younger, most talented players are progressing nicely towards better ratings. It is mostly just confusing, with Lukaku being 88 rated during a match and 89 rated in the menues. But he has progressed! And so have all the other players to have experienced a downgrade; Rashford now at 86 and Martial at 89 for instance.

However, I do think the bug should be easy to fix. So why haven't they?

Are they really destroying the offline modes, such as career mode, to FORCE the players to play FUT instead? I have read this theory numerous times. I can't believe it, if EA would do that to their loyal customers, who have bought their game - mainly because of the career mode - for twenty years or so.

But IF that is the case, I will just say that it won't work with me. The day I find the career mode to be unplayable, I won't play FUT or online games against random people throughout the world. Then I would rather play Red Dead Redemption, Assassin's Creed, God of War or other games available. There are plenty to choose from.
  • I just came across this myself and knowing I'm not the only one who knows I thought I'd share my findings on this glitch / bug.

I found when training a play to move up 1 in there overall rating they stayed the same. I then continued to look at players with almost full training bars that would go up 1 overall rating by just advancing to the next month and the bar would advance but there overall would stay the same.

my experiment continued by selecting the players effected in all 5 training sessions and simulating training & simulating ahead 2 months making sure to repeat the simulated training each week. I found that as long as they got some training there overall would jump back up to where it should be in a very random fashion.

My advice is to share the training equally amongst your hole squad

here is a video of the rise in overall rating. A little long and tedious but if you watch from 3:05 - 3:35 you will see Fosu-Mensah jump from 75 - 76 in the middle of March.

If you watch from 5:00 to 6:15 you can see Pulisic jumps from 81 -82 & Grimaldo jumps from 83 - 84 while there training bar rises as normal.

What a shame that EA is loosing interest in the Career mode of Fifa. Bring on stadium upgrades with guided tours before each game.

• Steffolovitch
    110 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I just came across this myself and knowing I'm not the only one who knows I thought I'd share my findings on this glitch / bug.

I found when training a play to move up 1 in there overall rating they stayed the same. I then continued to look at players with almost full training bars that would go up 1 overall rating by just advancing to the next month and the bar would advance but there overall would stay the same.

my experiment continued by selecting the players effected in all 5 training sessions and simulating training & simulating ahead 2 months making sure to repeat the simulated training each week. I found that as long as they got some training there overall would jump back up to where it should be in a very random fashion.

My advice is to share the training equally amongst your hole squad

here is a video of the rise in overall rating. A little long and tedious but if you watch from 3:05 - 3:35 you will see Fosu-Mensah jump from 75 - 76 in the middle of March.

If you watch from 5:00 to 6:15 you can see Pulisic jumps from 81 -82 & Grimaldo jumps from 83 - 84 while there training bar rises as normal.

What a shame that EA is loosing interest in the Career mode of Fifa. Bring on stadium upgrades with guided tours before each game.

Well done, mate!

I think there really is a connection between the training bar and the overall rating. When a player is trained to a higher rating, his rating will stay the same, as long as the training bar is below the center/the middle. When the training bar is above the center, their new rating will be shown. I think that is the case.

It is quite insane that we have to do these theories, since the bug should have been fixed by now. But somehow it doesn't seem as if it is going to be fixed anytime soon...
  • KentEagle
    I saw on twitter last night that the EA guy, Zaro, has replied to someone in regards to fixing the -1 bug. It's still with the relevant department and needs to be patched or something along those lines.
  • That_Guy44
    29 posts Last Pick at the Park
    What a joke. I see why EA got voted worst company in the USA.
  • iamthebest
    still no patch for this. Come on ea!
  • EA better get there **** together, what matters most is an enjoyable game. when a game is enjoyable I and many other people spend money. why would I continue to buy fifa if I spend more time on the forums (looking for a fix or any official word from ea on a possible fix ), then I do on the actual game?

• KentEagle
    EA last night put out on Twitter an image showing only the date of 18.01.19

Looking into the comments, it appears it will be for player ratings increasing and decreasing for the season (assumption only)

We can only hope that in this update there is a patch for career mode.

Knowing the way this glitch has been handled, it'll be an FUT promo or update.

We live in hope...
  • iamthebest
    no patch
    KentEagle wrote: »
    EA last night put out on Twitter an image showing only the date of 18.01.19

Looking into the comments, it appears it will be for player ratings increasing and decreasing for the season (assumption only)

We can only hope that in this update there is a patch for career mode.

Knowing the way this glitch has been handled, it'll be an FUT promo or update.

We live in hope...

• Hello EA Sports, Here in The Netherlands also this -1rating problem!!! allot of friends and colleagues has this problem...
    You have to fix this.. We cannot play the game normally... This is a big bug.... We paid allot of money for the game..

I hope you give us an answer asap...

Grtz,
  • Asked about this matter first time on 12th of December from EA and they answered that they are trying to resolve the problem as soon as possible. After a month of waiting I asked them again on 14th of January and they responded it's still under work.. How long can it take to fix a problem that doesn't seem like a hard thing to fix
    smh
  • KentEagle
    Noted last night that they hope to have the -1 bug resolved by end of January in a patch
  • iamthebest
    really sad. If it was fut online it would be solved fast. Offline is not important i feel.
    Noted last night that they hope to have the -1 bug resolved by end of January in a patch

• KentEagle
    iamthebest wrote: »
    really sad. If it was fut online it would be solved fast. Offline is not important i feel.

I agree.

That Corey guy has mentioned in replies that due to the holidays they've not had the staff the change this or then get the various patches signed off by third parties involved.

Frustrating but hopefully not much longer.
  • Placebo_PRS
    210 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    iamthebest wrote: »

I agree.

That Corey guy has mentioned in replies that due to the holidays they've not had the staff the change this or then get the various patches signed off by third parties involved.

Frustrating but hopefully not much longer.

PC patches don't need to get checked by third parties so that sounds like BS.
  • Can’t see this ever being fixed we’re flat out being ignored no communication no respect from loyal customers all the best fifa time to move on to PES
  • UnBeatenStar1
    3 posts Ball Boy
    edited January 20
    @Holtinho_FC_250 this isn’t just in training my friend I have experienced this in open game play so no offence it’s all well and good you showing us this in training but this isn’t the only problem with this players losing a point overal rating this happens TO ME in open play when I am playing career mode against West Ham or against Chelsea in the league I will give you a little of what I have experience Alex oxlade chamberlain is rated 80 on the game during open play he drops to a 79 and he can play as a RM because I like to use the formation of a 4-3-3 Ruben Loftus-Cheek his rating is a 78 and he drops to a 77 Wilfred Zaha his rating is an 82 his drops to an 81 and this is without training no offence you need to experience this in open play ok I am sorry if this feels like I’m having ago at your poor video but it is not just training it is everything to do with career mode from open play from the friendly tournament to the league to the training it is all linked together.

I think it was where they done 2 back to back updates within a week to fifa and something has caused career mode to end up with a glitch/bug and where it’s destroying it but to those of you who are thinking about getting PES I would suggest it because I got it and started playing it.

So EA if you do not sort this problem out I will CONTINUE to play your rivals game of PES and I will continue to keep playing it until this problem is sorted out because I am one very unhappy customer considering I spent £80 on champions edition of fifa to have this crap glitch/bug dumped on me in my game !!

So please EA Games sort this out for the sake of your customers if you cared that much about your “LOYAL CUSTOMERS” you’ll give us what we want give us our career mode back to the way it was please thank you .
  • KentEagle
    Looking like the patch will be the end of the week according to Corey's Twitter account, or at least more information on it's release date.

Seems the patch will fix the -1 bug and fixture congestion issues on CM.

The only hope I have left is that this will be a huge patch with added faces and gameplay fixes etc.

This is EA though, who provide the bare minimum.