Are you a FIFA streamer? Get yourself added to the forum list here

Manager career, overall rating DROPS unexpectedly

1
Hello

I have noticed this very recently after the last patch, so I'd assume a bug.

I have multiple manager careers, post-patch loading one after a week not playing. I simuluate a few games, when I suddenly notice FOUR of my players losing one point OVR rating, although they are NOT too old.. all players in the career came from own youth academy and the oldest is 25 ! They are NOT supposed to lose points this early age, don't they?
I have started to observe it, and see it in other careers as well... I know 100% that a player had a specific rating, when suddenly he has 1 point less...

Secondly, another career, again with 100% youth players... mulitple players in the academy reach a new OVR rating, but when checked in team statistics, they still have the old rating. I have players trains THREE times to the same rating and they keep droping back.. wtf?


Sincerely

Comments

  • Same thing here, aubameyang and sokratis dropped to 87 and 83 when I play a match, but in the career mode squad hub they are back to 88 and 84, and other players like ramsey and torreira lost the 1 point they had increased during first half of the season

    They need to fix this ASAP!!!
  • MOES98
    48 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Same thing here, aubameyang and sokratis dropped to 87 and 83 when I play a match, but in the career mode squad hub they are back to 88 and 84, and other players like ramsey and torreira lost the 1 point they had increased during first half of the season

    They need to fix this ASAP!!!

    Get used to it, because it wont get fixed. Just saying.
  • i have the exact same problem and i already contacted the support. they said there're more people having that problem but we probably have to wait until the next update. they kinda have to fix it don't they? because if not, NOBODY is going to Play Career mode anymore
  • L4r14m
    61 posts Park Captain
    edited December 2018
    Next update? Huh. That doesn’t sound very good, at all. I would’ve thought this kind of problem would be dealt with quickly. Really quickly. There are tons of players who will not be playing the game in its current state.
  • L4r14m wrote: »
    Next update? Huh. That doesn’t sound very good, at all. I would’ve thought this kind of problem would be dealt with quickly. Really quickly. There are tons of players who will not be playing the game in its current state.
    The problem is, these players won’t be putting in any money to FIFA through career mode so they don’t care.

  • PPerfect_CJ
    66 posts Park Captain
    It's ruined Career Mode until it's fixed, because it screws up lineups. I spent 3 days editing players overalls and stamina to get the correct players starting on each team in the Premier League. Ratings dropping 1 point makes some of the starters go to the bench and just straight up nullifies a lot of hard work.
  • did anyone try it today or yesterday? does it work again?
  • MOES98
    48 posts Last Pick at the Park
    i have the exact same problem and i already contacted the support. they said there're more people having that problem but we probably have to wait until the next update. they kinda have to fix it don't they? because if not, NOBODY is going to Play Career mode anymore

    You say "NOBODY is going to play Career mode anymore", like EA care, but in fact, that is exactly what EA wants. They want to shut down Career Mode, and the best excuse for doing that, is that nobody is playing it. So no it wont get fixed in the next update for sure.
  • Any official answer?
  • MOES98
    48 posts Last Pick at the Park
    MrChurch wrote: »
    Any official answer?

    @EA_Andy

    but i wouldnt expect to get one at all. Its Career Mode, they simply dont care.
  • EA_Andy
    2170 posts EA Community Manager
    MrChurch wrote: »
    Any official answer?

    It's a bug as you've mentioned. We're aware and have sent it to the relevant teams who are reviewing.

    I don't have any further info at the moment.
  • mikeytyson77
    6 posts Ball Boy
    edited December 2018


    yeah you might be right but there are a lot of Players if there's no more Career mode they won't buy the game anymore
    MOES98 wrote: »
    i have the exact same problem and i already contacted the support. they said there're more people having that problem but we probably have to wait until the next update. they kinda have to fix it don't they? because if not, NOBODY is going to Play Career mode anymore

    You say "NOBODY is going to play Career mode anymore", like EA care, but in fact, that is exactly what EA wants. They want to shut down Career Mode, and the best excuse for doing that, is that nobody is playing it. So no it wont get fixed in the next update for sure.

  • MrChurch
    3 posts Ball Boy
    edited December 2018

    yeah you might be right but there are a lot of Players if there's no more Career mode they won't buy the game anymore
    MOES98 wrote: »
    i have the exact same problem and i already contacted the support. they said there're more people having that problem but we probably have to wait until the next update. they kinda have to fix it don't they? because if not, NOBODY is going to Play Career mode anymore

    You say "NOBODY is going to play Career mode anymore", like EA care, but in fact, that is exactly what EA wants. They want to shut down Career Mode, and the best excuse for doing that, is that nobody is playing it. So no it wont get fixed in the next update for sure.

    Yeah. If this problem it’s not fixed I won’t buy Fifa anymore. There are few features in Career mode each year.

  • MJD85
    64 posts Park Captain
    Martlaa wrote: »
    The problem is, these players won’t be putting in any money to FIFA through career mode so they don’t care.

    What about the €60 we spend every year without any improvements in Career Mode?
    Easy money.
  • V10Unit
    48 posts Park Captain
    This just started happening to me also...how has fifa gotten this bad?
  • Because we aren’t buying packs to enhance our experience making them more money....
  • MrChurch
    3 posts Ball Boy
    edited December 2018
    When will it be fixed? @EA_Andy.
    Post edited by MrChurch on
  • iamthebest
    108 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    MrChurch wrote: »
    Any official answer?

    It's a bug as you've mentioned. We're aware and have sent it to the relevant teams who are reviewing.

    I don't have any further info at the moment.

    Any news? The Christmas is coming many kids will get FIFA and may not play online. Would be sad if this problem isn,t over then.
  • MOES98
    48 posts Last Pick at the Park
    iamthebest wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    MrChurch wrote: »
    Any official answer?

    It's a bug as you've mentioned. We're aware and have sent it to the relevant teams who are reviewing.

    I don't have any further info at the moment.

    Any news? The Christmas is coming many kids will get FIFA and may not play online. Would be sad if this problem isn,t over then.
    MrChurch wrote: »
    Whe will it be fixed? @EA_Andy.

    Fifa 20
  • The_giant616
    103 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Wanted to play some career mode over Xmas, but that's been ruined. What's the point in playing if your players get worse after training them up. How can they mess this up so badly when it was fine and they weren't supposed to have changed career mode in the last update.
  • Really EA?

    Career mode was the only good thing to play in your awful FIFA 19 and now you ruin it?

    We already know you only care about the FUT community and their arcade gameplay, but you could at least not ruin the game for us faithful users who pay 60 bucks every year looking for football simulation.

    You're getting to greedy. Shame on you.
  • Bpanta1986
    2 posts Ball Boy
    edited December 2018
    Dear EA.

    If you sell me a product I can't use, I should be able to get a refund on it.

    I play career mode. I like simulation, but you guys like investing on arcade-like Ultimate Team.

    Fair enough. It is a business and that business model works for you.

    But this is not what I paid for. I paid to play Career Mode and online friendlies with my friends. You've made it impossible to do so.

    My money back or immediate fix to it.

    Thank you.
  • iamthebest
    108 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    it,s so sad. it needs a patch.
  • MOES98
    48 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited December 2018
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    MrChurch wrote: »
    Any official answer?

    It's a bug as you've mentioned. We're aware and have sent it to the relevant teams who are reviewing.

    I don't have any further info at the moment.

    @EA_Andy

    This is just straight up disrespectful. Like you always are to the career mode people. You are, as much as i am, completely aware, that EA wont change any of the bugs they add to the career mode. They want people to stop playing the mode. Thats clear for everyone, but sending @EA_Andy to the forum saying the "relevant team" is looking on it. That is disrespectful. EA is lying to their customers. Like you did with Fifa 19, where you acted like we would get brand new features in career mode. Instead we got 4 save slots instead of 8.
    Its a disgrace, and if i was you, @EA_Andy, i would feel very bad coming to the career mode forum and lying to the most passionate fifa fans, straight up in their face.

    And to all of you who thinks this will get fixed. It wont. Think about it. Why should there emerge a bug in career mode, where we all know EA hasnt done a thing in their patches. Hint: EA planted it, because they want people to play FUT not Career Mode. Just like the created player bug, that the ea people in here also promised was getting fixed. Guess what. They lied. Just like @EA_Andy did here.

    Merry x-mas!
  • The_giant616
    103 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    MrChurch wrote: »
    Any official answer?

    It's a bug as you've mentioned. We're aware and have sent it to the relevant teams who are reviewing.

    I don't have any further info at the moment.


    Any news? I'm sure there are a lot of career mode players who don't post on the forums (I have to go through the whole resetting my password just to log on here) who are frustrated about this issue and it's been happening for a week or so now. It's a fundamental flaw and not really fair on people who buy the game JUST for career mode.

    Waste of money at the moment. Can't think of this ever happening on any game I've ever played.
  • I have the same thing whenever I do a career mode with any team sometimes I like to go to lower leagues sign free agents it’s cheap and cheerful I train them up and nothing happens I also done a career mode with a premier league team and and I noticed one player kept bouncing between 69 and 70 he would progress to 70 then drop back down to 69 within a week so I thought I’ll play him see if there’s a difference but there was not even during gameplay there ratings drop for some “BIZARRE” reason I also noticed while training another player his stats would “HARDLY” move at all!!!!

    On FIFA 18 I have never witnessed this never in my life.

    SO COME ON EA SORT IT OUT AND GIVE US BACK OUR CAREER MODE PLEASE!!!!
  • iamthebest
    108 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    we all want it back ea!
    I have the same thing whenever I do a career mode with any team sometimes I like to go to lower leagues sign free agents it’s cheap and cheerful I train them up and nothing happens I also done a career mode with a premier league team and and I noticed one player kept bouncing between 69 and 70 he would progress to 70 then drop back down to 69 within a week so I thought I’ll play him see if there’s a difference but there was not even during gameplay there ratings drop for some “BIZARRE” reason I also noticed while training another player his stats would “HARDLY” move at all!!!!

    On FIFA 18 I have never witnessed this never in my life.

    SO COME ON EA SORT IT OUT AND GIVE US BACK OUR CAREER MODE PLEASE!!!!

  • iamthebest
    108 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    everybody needs to Quote a mod so we are heard by ea
  • Same problem here! When they going to fix it? It’s fk anoying.
  • iamthebest
    108 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    not this year pfff
    Dutchmen1 wrote: »
    Same problem here! When they going to fix it? It’s fk anoying.

1
Sign In or Register to comment.