Baby icons

It seems i've heard a lot about selling baby icons, I have a baby icon and he goes for a lot do i sell now or wait? He's so good i don't really want to get rid but i could get his middle card maybe at a push. What are you guys doing with your baby cards?

Comments

  • Matnevesbra
    1099 posts Professional
    Sell. Set 3 expires this week. We will get a base icon sbc or a new sbc set that dont require icons anymore
  • Shezzzzzzz
    1001 posts Professional
    Sell sell sell sell
  • KinggHuss
    1499 posts Play-Off Hero
    Shezzzzzzz wrote: »
    Sell sell sell sell

  • If i sell would you say it's alright to buy another icon? trouble is he's so goooooddd
  • Shezzzzzzz
    1001 posts Professional
    I would sell now and see what happens over the next week. They aren't going up by a massive % but the potential to drop huge is huge
  • Shezzzzzzz wrote: »
    I would sell now and see what happens over the next week. They aren't going up by a massive % but the potential to drop huge is huge

    what do you think baby Butragueño will go down to he's around 900k at the moment
  • Tommygunn
    2943 posts National Call-Up
    No one knows it’s totally different from last year but most base icons who weren’t hugely useable settled 350-550k. I haven’t came up against Butra, I don’t know if being so small makes him less meta so less desirable
  • Shezzzzzzz
    1001 posts Professional
    If. And it's a big if. EA release either a gtd baby icon sbc or the set 4 doesnt need an icon I can see any discard icon dropping as low as 400k. That's a hell of a hit.
  • xFATAL
    3912 posts National Call-Up
    Keep. I think big icon set is coming. Don't think we'll see a base icon sbc till later otherwise people will just stack them for a big set when it does release.
  • IxToMxI
    4841 posts Big Money Move
    Surely an icon set has to drop tonight :s been waiting so long getting really impatient I have built up my club and coins, been taking coins for weeks for DR. Got enough now to complete two icons straight away based on the current requirements we see just give me someone :D
  • Xguti002
    1865 posts Fans' Favourite
    It’s a matter of how much risk you’re willing to take. If a baby icon sbc is released or if a new icon set doesn’t require an icon the prices of baby icon can drop a lot. A 900k butrageño can go as low as 500-600k. Also team of the year is coming soon and his price might still fall even without a baby icon sbc
  • IxToMxI wrote: »
    Surely an icon set has to drop tonight :s been waiting so long getting really impatient I have built up my club and coins, been taking coins for weeks for DR. Got enough now to complete two icons straight away based on the current requirements we see just give me someone :D

    Theyre probably moving towards removing the icon requirements or the prime icons set as a whole when it expires. 98% sure no set will drop tonight.
  • ragesh91
    1153 posts Professional
    yogibear wrote: »
    IxToMxI wrote: »
    Surely an icon set has to drop tonight :s been waiting so long getting really impatient I have built up my club and coins, been taking coins for weeks for DR. Got enough now to complete two icons straight away based on the current requirements we see just give me someone :D

    Theyre probably moving towards removing the icon requirements or the prime icons set as a whole when it expires. 98% sure no set will drop tonight.

    Today will be another TOTGS player SBC imo
  • Dolph
    969 posts Professional
    Obvious question, which icon do u have
  • Dolph wrote: »
    Obvious question, which icon do u have

    Baby butragenuo. So it's hard as I love him he's so good.
  • cule54
    596 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Hahaha don’t sell dude. I have baby Butra as well and having too much fun. There is ZERO percent chance there’s a baby icon SBC this year. Last year it happened in April. There’s no reason they would do different this year. Heck there was an EA guy tweeting that they simply won’t do one because of people hoarding players. What more do you need. All these people telling you to sell are simply players that missed the boat when they were cheap and now are salty begging and praying for an SBC that won’t come. I say keep enjoying your Butra and making coins playing
  • Solari
    1816 posts Play-Off Hero
    cule54 wrote: »
    Hahaha don’t sell dude. I have baby Butra as well and having too much fun. There is ZERO percent chance there’s a baby icon SBC this year. Last year it happened in April. There’s no reason they would do different this year. Heck there was an EA guy tweeting that they simply won’t do one because of people hoarding players. What more do you need. All these people telling you to sell are simply players that missed the boat when they were cheap and now are salty begging and praying for an SBC that won’t come. I say keep enjoying your Butra and making coins playing

    baby icon price will still drop a lot, even there is no icon sbc, once the icon set 3 expire.
  • Xguti002
    1865 posts Fans' Favourite
    Solari wrote: »
    cule54 wrote: »
    Hahaha don’t sell dude. I have baby Butra as well and having too much fun. There is ZERO percent chance there’s a baby icon SBC this year. Last year it happened in April. There’s no reason they would do different this year. Heck there was an EA guy tweeting that they simply won’t do one because of people hoarding players. What more do you need. All these people telling you to sell are simply players that missed the boat when they were cheap and now are salty begging and praying for an SBC that won’t come. I say keep enjoying your Butra and making coins playing

    baby icon price will still drop a lot, even there is no icon sbc, once the icon set 3 expire.

    “Zero percent chance.” Ironically even without a baby icon sbc their prices will drop by 200-300k by tots
  • cule54
    596 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Xguti002 wrote: »
    Solari wrote: »
    cule54 wrote: »
    Hahaha don’t sell dude. I have baby Butra as well and having too much fun. There is ZERO percent chance there’s a baby icon SBC this year. Last year it happened in April. There’s no reason they would do different this year. Heck there was an EA guy tweeting that they simply won’t do one because of people hoarding players. What more do you need. All these people telling you to sell are simply players that missed the boat when they were cheap and now are salty begging and praying for an SBC that won’t come. I say keep enjoying your Butra and making coins playing

    baby icon price will still drop a lot, even there is no icon sbc, once the icon set 3 expire.

    “Zero percent chance.” Ironically even without a baby icon sbc their prices will drop by 200-300k by tots

    Yeah?. Just like they dropped on Black Friday right? Lol. These are the most sought after cards in the game. With more coins it means more people being able to afford them means not a drop in price. Let’s check back in two weeks and you tell me if they crashed
  • Xguti002
    1865 posts Fans' Favourite
    cule54 wrote: »
    Xguti002 wrote: »
    Solari wrote: »
    cule54 wrote: »
    Hahaha don’t sell dude. I have baby Butra as well and having too much fun. There is ZERO percent chance there’s a baby icon SBC this year. Last year it happened in April. There’s no reason they would do different this year. Heck there was an EA guy tweeting that they simply won’t do one because of people hoarding players. What more do you need. All these people telling you to sell are simply players that missed the boat when they were cheap and now are salty begging and praying for an SBC that won’t come. I say keep enjoying your Butra and making coins playing

    baby icon price will still drop a lot, even there is no icon sbc, once the icon set 3 expire.

    “Zero percent chance.” Ironically even without a baby icon sbc their prices will drop by 200-300k by tots

    Yeah?. Just like they dropped on Black Friday right? Lol. These are the most sought after cards in the game. With more coins it means more people being able to afford them means not a drop in price. Let’s check back in two weeks and you tell me if they crashed

    Tots isn’t in two weeks but toty will make them drop regardless. Base icons aren’t sought after, other than maybe like 4-6? I wouldn’t spend a penny on any base icon that’s not top 5.
  • I think I will watch his price over the days. If he drops below what a paid then I will sell. If he doesn't I'll keep. Difficult.
  • raul7kiev
    331 posts Sunday League Hero
    if I were you, if I liked the card, I would do everything possible. to get at least Middle
  • Drizzt
    448 posts Sunday League Hero
    I think I will watch his price over the days. If he drops below what a paid then I will sell. If he doesn't I'll keep. Difficult.

    Not sure what the difficulty is? If he's so good for you, doing the business and you're having fun with him, who cares what his price is or going to be. Keep him and enjoy.
  • cule54
    596 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Drizzt wrote: »
    I think I will watch his price over the days. If he drops below what a paid then I will sell. If he doesn't I'll keep. Difficult.

    Not sure what the difficulty is? If he's so good for you, doing the business and you're having fun with him, who cares what his price is or going to be. Keep him and enjoy.

    Right!. This year killing it in DR and WL with a card like that you can easily make 100k a week. “A few weeks” and you have 300k+ more that what the icon will drop (it wont) so just keep him and enjoy. Coins are too easy to make this year to worry about that. Or you know you can sell him, have lots of coins sitting there and miss out on one of the funnest players in the game.
  • JohnLang369
    20 posts Ball Boy
    edited December 2018
    cule54 wrote: »
    Hahaha don’t sell dude. I have baby Butra as well and having too much fun. There is ZERO percent chance there’s a baby icon SBC this year. Last year it happened in April. There’s no reason they would do different this year. Heck there was an EA guy tweeting that they simply won’t do one because of people hoarding players. What more do you need. All these people telling you to sell are simply players that missed the boat when they were cheap and now are salty begging and praying for an SBC that won’t come. I say keep enjoying your Butra and making coins playing

    Apologies, off-topic but how do you guys use Butra? I tried him and absolutely hated him (baby/prime), would get pushed off as soon as got the ball. If Ramos sneezed, Butra would fly a mile. However, I do really well with Messi and Maradona; so, how do you play him? 1st time finesses? 1-2 get in behind?
Sign In or Register to comment.