Understanding corners

Psyclon13
403 posts Sunday League Hero
I'm struggling to gain any benefit from corners.
Overall, I score maybe 1 in 15, which is terrible, considering I have VVD, Ramos and Godin who are supposed to be "kinda good" in the air. I try to use manual positioning, but I'm not sure I understand the aiming circle properly, i.e. should I try to position the player exactly where the circle was, or somewhere above it to meet the ball. I'm not interested in near post or other "glitches", i'd like to understand the mechanics of the set piece.
I've played the corner skill game a bunch of times, but the movement is so random and i cannot replicate the results i get, in order to reach any conclusions.
Any explanation would be appreciated!

Comments

• Renamed123456
    6198 posts Big Money Move
    I've got no idea either, mate.

I usually played 2 strikers. One agile guy and one 6'2"+ with 85+ heading and jumping.

I would usually be able to get a corner header per game.
  • HocTocHai
    545 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The aiming circle is, ideally, where your player should be to do a header. But it depends on lot of factors ie freekick accuracy of the corner taker etc the ball will not always go to same place. While the ball is in the air, you need to adjust the header player by seeing where the cross marker is. Note that the marker is where the ball will land, so your player need to be a few yards away from the marker in order to do a header
  • Jonboyparker
    7569 posts League Winner
    I’ve got to the point of getting annoyed when I get a corner. I just can’t do them. I can’t even remember the last time I got a head to one, let along score one and I have VVD, Sanchez and Pogba in the box. I’m taking weeks, maybe a month. I just don’t get it.
  • wizardoffire
    930 posts Professional
    This weekend I really struggled to score from them, previous weekends POTM Auba would be front post and he would score a lot. For some reason, at the start of every game with an early couple of corners he wasn't on that front post >.<
    I hit a few posts this weekend and maybe scored from 2 corners... rest of the time they were just cleared, was frustrating to say the least
  • Jonboyparker
    7569 posts League Winner
    edited December 2018
    This weekend I really struggled to score from them, previous weekends POTM Auba would be front post and he would score a lot. For some reason, at the start of every game with an early couple of corners he wasn't on that front post >.<
    I hit a few posts this weekend and maybe scored from 2 corners... rest of the time they were just cleared, was frustrating to say the least

It’s frustrating when they get cleared. They always seem to land at the opposition strikers feet for a counter attack. I hate getting corners now... it gives me no advantage. I am just awful at them for some reason
  • How much power do you usually use?
  • 3MenandaBebe
    3067 posts National Call-Up
    Play it short
  • AlbinoXI
    1752 posts Play-Off Hero
    Full power in-swinging with the aim sat just outside the far corner of the 6 yard box your only concern will be which celebration to use
  • pudgyfudgy
    6185 posts Big Money Move
    I don't really understand them either, so I just play it short every time. I have 3 different short corner routines, all of which will result in a shot on target at the very least.
  • Liamooo
    1178 posts Professional
    AlbinoXI wrote: »
    Full power in-swinging with the aim sat just outside the far corner of the 6 yard box your only concern will be which celebration to use

This or near post full power