Mad Dog/Tin foil hat theory - Indulge me for a moment

jbwalton7
1026 posts Professional
Maybe this would be better suited written on the the wall of an abandoned hospital using human excrement, but here it goes anyway...

This just came to me after I got a walkout (Pjanic) from one of those new TOTGS promo SBC's

You know when you open a pack and the EA badge flashes to indicate that you are going to get a walkout, well it just came to me that this might not be accidental, the fact that it is an EA badge specifically.

My theory goes as follows, EA have intentionally made that walkout symbol the EA badge in order to elicit a form of associative conditioning between our current state/how we are feeling and what we see on the screen.

So lets think about what kind of reaction we get when there is a walkout, probably positive emotions like excitement, pleasure, thrill, exhilaration etc. which also elicits bodily sensations like increased heart rate, maybe a flutter in your stomach etc.

So I hypothesise that EA have intentionally made their company logo the indicator of a walkout in order to elicit a connection between these positive emotions associated with getting a walkout and their company, therefore conditioning this response in players and leading to a sub conscious association between EA and positive emotions.

#FlatEarth
#Illuminati
#MoonLandingHoax

Comments

• BlindFaith
    171 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    That’s not crazy at all - more like 98% probably right!

If you know anything about retail psychology (and corporate psychology) this is literally exactly the sort of thing they do
  • MUFC_420
    2924 posts Fans' Favourite
    I love conspiracy theories I'm with you on this one it actually makes sense. Interesting.
  • Damo_Suzuki
    2829 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2018
    I think you are probably right. Unfortunately for EA, playing 30 WL games in 3 days with delayed gameplay will more than reverse any effect this may have had.
  • jbwalton7
    1026 posts Professional
    BlindFaith wrote: »
    That’s not crazy at all - more like 98% probably right!

If you know anything about retail psychology (and corporate psychology) this is literally exactly the sort of thing they do

Yeah I have a degree in Psychology, and although that certainly makes me nowhere an expert, I think my knowledge of this kind of thing is what made it crop up in my mind in the first place
  • jbwalton7
    1026 posts Professional
    I think you are probably right. Unfortunately for EA, playing 30 WL games in 3 days with delayed gameplay will more than reverse any effect this may have had.

I don't think EA handing out vouchers to everyone for happy ending massages would reverse that effect either tbh
  • TestEagles
    2248 posts Fans' Favourite
    Interesting insight, and I wouldn't be surprised at all. Marketing teams use psychologists all the time, it makes total sense.

PS ... are you the mole?
  • jbwalton7
    1026 posts Professional
    TestEagles wrote: »
    Interesting insight, and I wouldn't be surprised at all. Marketing teams use psychologists all the time, it makes total sense.

PS ... are you the mole?

The mole that is the assistant to your avatar? maybe
  • pudgyfudgy
    6185 posts Big Money Move
    And when things go against us, we smash our controllers instead of something that comes from EA... So while we are angry with EA, we'll never actually take it out on them because our frustration has been successfully transferred to the console makers instead.

#911insidejob
    #jetfuelcantmeltsteelbeams
  • jbwalton7
    1026 posts Professional
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »
    And when things go against us, we smash our controllers instead of something that comes from EA... So while we are angry with EA, we'll never actually take it out on them because our frustration has been successfully transferred to the console makers instead.

#911insidejob
    #jetfuelcantmeltsteelbeams

Nice addition

#Chemtrails
  • TestEagles
    2248 posts Fans' Favourite

PS ... are you the mole?
    jbwalton7 wrote: »
    TestEagles wrote: »

PS ... are you the mole?

The mole that is the assistant to your avatar? maybe

👏 well played sir, well played!
  • Safk001
    866 posts Semi-Pro
    edited December 2018
    It’s not tin foil hat stuff at all. Companies use human emotions all of the time in advertising, you see it absolutely everywhere.

I’d be shocked if they didn’t use some kind of “human behavioural” expert in marketing and your theory is exactly the type of rubbish that they would come up with.

However just because I believe you it doesn’t mean that I don’t also think you need to spend far less time on the game and far more time outdoors. 😂

Now who shot JFK?
  • Ishibum
    15305 posts World Class
    Basically classical conditioning init bruv
  • Blarix
    20868 posts Club Captain
    Going to suggest this to Tinfoil hat podcast and get eddie bravo involved.
  • FCBlunt
    3123 posts National Call-Up
    Well, you’re not wrong.

It’s like teaching dogs its dinner time when they hear a bell ring.

Basic psychology
  • jbwalton7
    1026 posts Professional
    edited December 2018
    Blarix wrote: »
    Going to suggest this to Tinfoil hat podcast and get eddie bravo involved.

Would love to see Eddie go off the deep end on this...He would somehow twist it and make it to do with NASA instead of EA
    Post edited by jbwalton7 on
  • jbwalton7
    1026 posts Professional
    FCBlunt wrote: »
    Well, you’re not wrong.

It’s like teaching dogs its dinner time when they hear a bell ring.

Basic psychology

Yip, I know Pavlov, Skinner and all that behaviourist stuff...But was just thinking was it far fetched that EA implemented this into the game, more so than this being a novel idea
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    4717 posts National Call-Up
    A billion dollar enterprise that revolves around selling virtual items through a gambling scheme. Who would have thought they'd scrupulously assemble a system with the aim to subjugate the client into addiction.
  • GreezyWeezyLDN
    1323 posts Professional
    Thats a certainty. There is a tell every year.

That spike in adrenaline releases all sorts of endorphins and creates a positive connection to opening packs.

It's the most unsubliminal subliminal message ever.
  • MoyPlaysFut2016
    225 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Hope they get sued for gambling or for ripping people off from fifa points to buy packs.