Fut is for the rich. It shouldn't be!!

Comments

• Primofusion
    433 posts Sunday League Hero
    Compared to the earlier FUTs making coins and getting good players is a doddle these days.

And with the companion app you can trade or just list players during your free time, breaks at work, on the toilet etc.
  • Glofy20
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Compared to the earlier FUTs making coins and getting good players is a doddle these days.

And with the companion app you can trade or just list players during your free time, breaks at work, on the toilet etc.

This is true, I only started playing FUT19 again after it came out free to play on EA access and I have £2 million coins and 2 really good squads including prime Pele. Buying tots players cheaper during the day and listing them again over overnight wasn't difficult in the slightest. You just need to find something that consistently makes you coins, added to whatever you make from all the other games modes and you can have almost any team you want.
  • George_Cook_Over60
    284 posts Sunday League Hero
    Glofy20 wrote: »

This is true, I only started playing FUT19 again after it came out free to play on EA access and I have £2 million coins and 2 really good squads including prime Pele. Buying tots players cheaper during the day and listing them again over overnight wasn't difficult in the slightest. You just need to find something that consistently makes you coins, added to whatever you make from all the other games modes and you can have almost any team you want.

I thought i was only me who took it to the toilet. I remember finding out I had sold Lineker while in there on holiday. Happy days.
  • El_Nino
    3155 posts National Call-Up
    How has this thread gone on for 4 pages?
    I cba reading through it but Christ, as I’m sure has been said, earning money is ridiculously easy this FUT, and far easier than it ever has been.
  • Kiido
    533 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I agree. It's funny how you can burn through hundreds of hours and/or thousands of euro's without getting to play with the best players in the game. If you want to play with elite icons you basically have to spend half a year trading and wasting your weekends to get them. Seems a bit far stretched for a game with just 1 year lifespan. Probably even less as the game is dead last 2 months.

If you spend as much time/money as some do on this forum you should be able to play with all the best players in the game. In reality you can barely afford just 1 elite icon. Even just CR7 was pretty much 1.7/2 million year round
  • El_Nino
    Kiido wrote: »
    I agree. It's funny how you can burn through hundreds of hours and/or thousands of euro's without getting to play with the best players in the game. If you want to play with elite icons you basically have to spend half a year trading and wasting your weekends to get them. Seems a bit far stretched for a game with just 1 year lifespan. Probably even less as the game is dead last 2 months.

If you spend as much time/money as some do on this forum you should be able to play with all the best players in the game. In reality you can barely afford just 1 elite icon. Even just CR7 was pretty much 1.7/2 million year round
    Thats just so wrong it hurts.

• iRusty_yo
    3925 posts National Call-Up
    £0 on points. Safe trading only. 35mil profit with a stacked club. Only take Untradables and never had a good red. I’m only a gold player.

The issue is everyone is in a rush to get a great team with is outdated within weeks. Be smart. Coin management is the key. Doesn’t take much effort at all.

Can’t stress this enough.

25M TP and tram value of 18m.

Slow and safe has been my strategy, IF’s have been the key contributors to my success
  • Safehands84
    3489 posts National Call-Up

What a load of waffle. Half the year they been giving away 90 plus rated players for free every month. 1 month worth of them would put half a dent Into R9 sbc for example. That without any packs you get. People just want to switch on the consol and have a team of icons when they play 3 games a week. If you want the best players you put a bit of effort in, you dont even have too put that much effort in. If you want to turn on your consol and have messi, Ronaldo etc then play seasons. FUT is about building your squad over the year and improving as you go along. If you dont want to do this, FUT isnt the mode for you and that's what seasons is for.
  • Kiido
    El_Nino wrote: »

I got to admit that EA is a brilliant company. They have found a way where their customer base think it's normal that you spend thousands or/and hundreds of hours without getting all/the best content in the game. That is quite impressive as I doubt many 'outsiders' would agree that it makes sense you spend a car worth of money or spend 15-20 hours each week just to be able to play with Gullit and friends.
  • Kiido

What a load of waffle. Half the year they been giving away 90 plus rated players for free every month. 1 month worth of them would put half a dent Into R9 sbc for example. That without any packs you get. People just want to switch on the consol and have a team of icons when they play 3 games a week. If you want the best players you put a bit of effort in, you dont even have too put that much effort in. If you want to turn on your consol and have messi, Ronaldo etc then play seasons. FUT is about building your squad over the year and improving as you go along. If you dont want to do this, FUT isnt the mode for you and that's what seasons is for.

They give away players no one is interested in. Only free usable players were during futties and that's at the end of the game it's cycle. Soending hundred euro gets you nothing, even 500 euro is barely enough to get CR7. If that makes sense to you then I am afraid we will never find common ground in this discussion. It gets even more extreme if you start calculating how much time it would take to get CR7.
  • El_Nino

I got to admit that EA is a brilliant company. They have found a way where their customer base think it's normal that you spend thousands or/and hundreds of hours without getting all/the best content in the game. That is quite impressive as I doubt many 'outsiders' would agree that it makes sense you spend a car worth of money or spend 15-20 hours each week just to be able to play with Gullit and friends.
    I just don’t get your ridiculously self entitled attitude. You don’t deserve to play with the best players for playing an hour a week. Just like everything in life you have to put time or money in to get the best out of it.
  • nextqprmanager
    3324 posts National Call-Up

I just don’t get your ridiculously self entitled attitude. You don’t deserve to play with the best players for playing an hour a week. Just like everything in life you have to put time or money in to get the best out of it.

I get it. I could only play 3 WL`s, but played Rivals & SB`s most weeks. I traded on the webapp all year and have a semi decent Team, but could never get the best players` on the game.
    The grind is not worth it. However, I cannot fault EA on content.
  • ICUP
    4111 posts National Call-Up

They give away players no one is interested in. Only free usable players were during futties and that's at the end of the game it's cycle. Soending hundred euro gets you nothing, even 500 euro is barely enough to get CR7. If that makes sense to you then I am afraid we will never find common ground in this discussion. It gets even more extreme if you start calculating how much time it would take to get CR7.

They give away players you're not interested in.

Don't get it twisted, not everyone comes onto FUT to use the same old players, would happily have variety than use a card purely because someone else is using it.

I've spent £700 and within the first £400ish I got Messi, Baby Makele, UCL Cuadrado, Costa & Sanchez when the UCL Live cards were in packs & SIF Felipe Anderson. Also got KDB & Marcelo and those were from premium gold packs. Purely down to luck
  • Thunder001
    470 posts Sunday League Hero
    CR7 has been less than a million for a while now. Everyone should be able to get him easily enough.
  • maksi
    6600 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 27
    Nobody cares if top players are cheap in August, game is almost dead by then.
  • Safehands84

I've not spent 1 penny other than buying the disc. I didnt start until end of October, I play 3-4 games a night , hardly touch weekend league. Maybe list my cards 4 times a day when I go loo.

My starting 11 is tradable, tots da Costa, tots vvd, toty messi, tots havertz,motm kepa.
    Untradable through sbc, pim maldini, pim Maradona, prime gullit, prime ronaldinho, futties pogba pim Carlos. That's without the rest of stuff in my club, prime best,Keane, tots gorezka, all the flashbacks and eoe players

It's not even hard. Take packs or coins, use the players they give you as sbc fooder and sell what you dont want from mm. Use high rated cards in icon sbcs. The game life span is a year, if you cant get Ronaldo by xmas presuming you started In september then you are doing something seriously wrong. Either blowing all your coins on stupid sbc or packs. If you think in September October you should have a full icon team then I agree we will not find common ground.
  • lippyone
    1505 posts Play-Off Hero
    Half the fun of this game is trading up to buy players. If they were just handed to everyone like in the recent promo then it would be very boring very quick.
    There has to be lots of players that are hard to get to add that excitement level and the desire to own them.
  • purcvl
    104 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Williejno1 wrote: »
    Terrible the way fifa is going. Only the privileged can have an upper hand. Fifa points and getting the best players. Very unfair.

Lol no it’s not u can easily get 2-300k per week just from playing games without even packing a decent player
    if your lucky and actually pack someone from rewards I can get a lot more
    No fifa points needed

Not saying your wine but I would love to know how to make that much just from playing
  • Kiido
    edited August 27

Maybe it's because I have seen UT grow from a fun and casual gamemode to this money grabbing beast it is today. Maybe you don't realise, but it's beyond believe that you can spend thousands of hours AND euro without being able to get all the content of the game. This forum is even filled with the most dedicated players and I am sure 99%+ can't afford having a team full with TOTY players and elite icons. Leave alone the large group of casual players who spend +- 10 hours a week and spend a year worth of playing and trading and maybe reach the point of being able to afford a Gullit.

EA has done a brilliant job of brainwashing people thinking it makes perfect sense that their content deserves to be incredibly rare. And by rare I mean winning the lotery kind of rare. There is no other game like Fifa where you can spend 10.000 euro and still not have the best team available. And here you are calling me self entitled because I think that spending a few hundred euro/hours should get you all the best content. The game has a lifespan of just 10 months for crying out loud
  • Thunder001
    470 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited August 27

Maybe it's because I have seen UT grow from a fun and casual gamemode to this money grabbing beast it is today. Maybe you don't realise, but it's beyond believe that you can spend thousands of hours AND euro without being able to get all the content of the game. This forum is even filled with the most dedicated players and I am sure 99%+ can't afford having a team full with TOTY players and elite icons. Leave alone the large group of casual players who spend +- 10 hours a week and spend a year worth of playing and trading and maybe reach the point of being able to afford a Gullit.

EA has done a brilliant job of brainwashing people thinking it makes perfect sense that their content deserves to be incredibly rare. And by rare I mean winning the lotery kind of rare. There is no other game like Fifa where you can spend 10.000 euro and still not have the best team available. And here you are calling me self entitled because I think that spending a few hundred euro/hours should get you all the best content. The game has a lifespan of just 10 months for crying out loud

If you could get a full icon team with just a few hours of gaming most people would be done with it before Christmas.
  • Kiido

I've not spent 1 penny other than buying the disc. I didnt start until end of October, I play 3-4 games a night , hardly touch weekend league. Maybe list my cards 4 times a day when I go loo.

My starting 11 is tradable, tots da Costa, tots vvd, toty messi, tots havertz,motm kepa.
    Untradable through sbc, pim maldini, pim Maradona, prime gullit, prime ronaldinho, futties pogba pim Carlos. That's without the rest of stuff in my club, prime best,Keane, tots gorezka, all the flashbacks and eoe players

It's not even hard. Take packs or coins, use the players they give you as sbc fooder and sell what you dont want from mm. Use high rated cards in icon sbcs. The game life span is a year, if you cant get Ronaldo by xmas presuming you started In september then you are doing something seriously wrong. Either blowing all your coins on stupid sbc or packs. If you think in September October you should have a full icon team then I agree we will not find common ground.

You don't have to explain the concept of Ultimate Team to me buddy. I have been playing it right back to the days it was a paid add-on.
    ICUP wrote: »

Don't get it twisted, not everyone comes onto FUT to use the same old players, would happily have variety than use a card purely because someone else is using it.

I've spent £700 and within the first £400ish I got Messi, Baby Makele, UCL Cuadrado, Costa & Sanchez when the UCL Live cards were in packs & SIF Felipe Anderson. Also got KDB & Marcelo and those were from premium gold packs. Purely down to luck

Right. Except I have not faced any players using those free players. But if you were over the moon with your Maddison then who am I to judge. I am sure that 99% ended up in sbc's.

You fail to realise how much money 700 is. And no, I don't want to here you saying it's disposable income as that's not relevant. When you spend that kind of money you should get alot more than that. And I would even agree you were extremely lucky pulling those players. If I combine the value of the players you pulled it's barely enough to buy CR7 at that point. Not to mention the real value players
  • No not really. Packs are a lottery, but with known odds. 700 bucks doesn't entitle jack.

The comparison with lottery tickets is not that far off. 700 on lottery tickets does not entitle you to win the big prizes.
  • Safehands84

You don't have to explain the concept of Ultimate Team to me buddy. I have been playing it right back to the days it was a paid add-on.
    ICUP wrote: »

Right. Except I have not faced any players using those free players. But if you were over the moon with your Maddison then who am I to judge. I am sure that 99% ended up in sbc's.

You fail to realise how much money 700 is. And no, I don't want to here you saying it's disposable income as that's not relevant. When you spend that kind of money you should get alot more than that. And I would even agree you were extremely lucky pulling those players. If I combine the value of the players you pulled it's barely enough to buy CR7 at that point. Not to mention the real value players

I've not explained anything. I'm showing you that you can have any team you want with a little effort. That's my team with little effort, had I put more time in like previous years I could have whatever I wanted. You dont have to spend a penny to get all the games content.

If you are blowing thousands on packs id look at myself rather than ea game mode.
  • Kiido
    No not really. Packs are a lottery, but with known odds. 700 bucks doesn't entitle jack.

The comparison with lottery tickets is not that far off. 700 on lottery tickets does not entitle you to win the big prizes.

Then I am afraid we will never find common ground. I think that spending 700 on a game should get you the majority of the content or atleast some of the best content. If you believe otherwise then that's up to you.
  • Kiido wrote: »
    No not really. Packs are a lottery, but with known odds. 700 bucks doesn't entitle jack.

Then I am afraid we will never find common ground. I think that spending 700 on a game should get you the majority of the content or atleast some of the best content. If you believe otherwise then that's up to you.

I think it's a bit double.

I feel where you're coming from. I see what you mean and up until a certain point you might be a little bit right. Paying 700 should get you a lot but that makes it unfair for non paying customers.

On the other hand, this is not just a game. Pack buying is gambling. And gambling just never gets you what you want.

People should realize the duality of FUT. It's a game, but with gambling embroided.
  • leon1309
    4198 posts National Call-Up

Did you lot not claim it is not gambling? :)
  • Orison
    48518 posts FIFA Cover Star
    leon1309 wrote: »

Did you lot not claim it is not gambling? :)

Because it isn't. Nobody denies that it's a similar concept, but under current law it's just not gambling.

Yes and no. Yes 700 bucks on a normal game should get you all the content, but FUT is a bit different, because people who are heavily invested in FUT are usually football addicts and want to play a football game all year. You can't give out all the content for 700 bucks worth of packs. If you play WL up to Gold 1 every week those rewards are technically worth like 30-40$. You would have all the content in the game after 20 WLs (or after like 3 WLs if you are top 100 level). And then the game would get boring.

For the game to last a whole year it needs to be this heavy on the grind which is both sad and good.
  • BeanieGee
    473 posts Sunday League Hero
    I thought the same so started trading
    Made 90+ million profit this FIFA and it's my first full year trading
    I have most of the best players aside from the top end R9 R7 Messi, Neymar etc as I've built around 6 teams so I don't get bored.
    I spent about £20 on FP at the start but pulled jack sheet.

It's pretty simple once you learn the basics and research a little
  • Kiido

I think it's a bit double.

I feel where you're coming from. I see what you mean and up until a certain point you might be a little bit right. Paying 700 should get you a lot but that makes it unfair for non paying customers.

On the other hand, this is not just a game. Pack buying is gambling. And gambling just never gets you what you want.

People should realize the duality of FUT. It's a game, but with gambling embroided.

No doubt it's a gamble but the gamble is heavily turned in EA's favor, but let's take futties as an example. If you spend 100 euro during futties the odds of packing some high rated players were huge. Atleast then you get your money worth of players. But normally spending 100 euro gets you anywhere between 150k to 200k. I just can't justify the rarity of the cards and the amount of money and/or time you have to spend to get just 1, leave alone 11 of them. Sure, I also have a stacked team now but is it close to the ultimate team? Far from it.

• Jonboyparker
    5284 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 27
    BeanieGee wrote: »
    I thought the same so started trading
    Made 90+ million profit this FIFA and it's my first full year trading
    I have most of the best players aside from the top end R9 R7 Messi, Neymar etc as I've built around 6 teams so I don't get bored.
    I spent about £20 on FP at the start but pulled jack sheet.

It's pretty simple once you learn the basics and research a little

Top trader! Well done! 👍

I’d like to say, people dont even need this much for the top players. You can probably get the best team (outside PIM’s) for 25mil. It’s up to the gamer how they manage that pot. People earn more coins in Fifa without them even realising. Their transfer pot is just a number. Add up all the sbcs, discardard cards and players sold for loss. That’s all lost coins. Yes, that’s called playing the game but being smart gets you a long long way without spending a fortune or trading your arse off.

The introduction of PIM’s was a joke, let’s face it. Even if we could afford them, there just isn’t enough so that obviously something to complain about. Not releasing them as sbcs also is a kick in teeth and EA messed up big. But that’s a another issue altogether and I refuse to accept they exist personally. But that’s me.

The fact is. Trading is a learning curve just like playing. You have to put a bit of time in to learn the basics and trading just like first time shots. The methods are clear for all. It’s up to the gamer how serious they want to play or trade. You don’t need to be t100 trader to have all the players. That’s just another target. Get what you need. Spend a week trading and then have some time off. Trade to one player. Set a goal. Its actually not as time consuming as people think if you’re realistic and not greedy.