Fut is for the rich. It shouldn't be!!

Comments

• Funny how so many of you think money is more valuable than time

"I hAvE MaDe 100 MilLiOn TrADiNg!"

You do realise you can be time rich, right?
    Grow up.

This game is 100% pay to win. You pay with either huge amounts of money or time.

I thougt I had a good team. This week I used the loan TOTY CR7 and TOTY Mbappe...

Now i realise my team is average.

The TOP players pretty much do everything for you and these cant be obtained by 99% of people.

No one is saying it doesn’t take time. It just doesn’t take as much time as you think. Maybe at first but soon it becomes easy. Every game takes time to hit the top rank. Fifa is no different.

If I load up another game right now, I will be bottom of the pile... why? Because I’ve not played it much. I dont expect to get good at something unless I play it. Trading is the same. Gameplay is the same.

FUT takes time to learn, just like any other game but when you get to grips with it, you can have all your weekends free. I spend all mine with my family and still play Fifa. No so much WL anymore but you don’t have to. It’s a choice. I have maybe one for the best teams in Fifa and I have it 3 months ago without spending a penny.

You are missing the point.

I dont really play Fortnite. But if I played it right now, i wouldnt enter the game with ANY disadvantage.

Noobs, hardcores and pro's all start the same. The way a competetive game should be.

All players in Fut should be available to everyone through playing the game...you know...football. I shouldnt have to switch on my PS4 and pretend im wolf of wall street so i can buy a TOTS player in 2 months time.

• Jonboyparker
    5265 posts Big Money Move
    maksi wrote: »
    FUT takes time to learn, just like any other game but when you get to grips with it, you can have all your weekends free. I spend all mine with my family and still play Fifa. No so much WL anymore but you don’t have to. It’s a choice. I have maybe one for the best teams in Fifa and I have it 3 months ago without spending a penny.
    but this is played all year not just last 3 months, basically we're just wasting time 7-8 months

you can get dirt cheap TOTS team because hardcore players collected vast amounts of coins and everything is worth much less

But I’ve had loads of different teams throughout the year which have all been competitive. The game starts with golds, progresses with If’s, moves to specials and finishes with icons. That how I see the game. 90% of the player base does the same. And if they choose to do it a different way, that’s up to them.

Buying FP’s helps you skip parts of the progression with is fine. But that’s all it is. What advantage does that give someone other than finishing the game faster. It’s a game at the of the day unless you’re conpeting for prizes. Imo only pros need the elite players at the start. since making my end game team, I haven’t played much because I basically completed the game. I can now log on and use any card on the game pretty much except PIM Gullit and PIM R9 (that’s a completely different issue altogether).
  • PirateW
    127 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    Playing casual gives you 120k a week, even if you pack nothing in the packs discard gives you close to a mill a month. That's even without trading, what more do you want for free.

What's a casual for you? I'd love to know how a "casual" can get 120k per week just from playing. Also, 120k*4=480k≠1M.

A terrible fifa player gets:

58k (d5/R1 rivals)
    30k (G3 W/League)
    30k (E1 S/Battles)
    Rank 1 in rivals (considering matches in weekend league too) = 40 matches per week if based on 50% win rate for a 'terrible player'.
    Elite 1 in squad battles even with 41 matches played isn't easily attainable for a 'terrible player'.

Either way you're looking at 80+ matches in a week to get those rewards - 11 matches per day - 3.5 hours every day... that's more than a casual player.

Casual I'd say is more like 10-15 hours per week.
  • Jonboyparker
    edited August 25
    Funny how so many of you think money is more valuable than time

Grow up.

This game is 100% pay to win. You pay with either huge amounts of money or time.

I thougt I had a good team. This week I used the loan TOTY CR7 and TOTY Mbappe...

The TOP players pretty much do everything for you and these cant be obtained by 99% of people.

No one is saying it doesn’t take time. It just doesn’t take as much time as you think. Maybe at first but soon it becomes easy. Every game takes time to hit the top rank. Fifa is no different.

If I load up another game right now, I will be bottom of the pile... why? Because I’ve not played it much. I dont expect to get good at something unless I play it. Trading is the same. Gameplay is the same.

I dont really play Fortnite. But if I played it right now, i wouldnt enter the game with ANY disadvantage.

Noobs, hardcores and pro's all start the same. The way a competetive game should be.

All players in Fut should be available to everyone through playing the game...you know...football. I shouldnt have to switch on my PS4 and pretend im wolf of wall street so i can buy a TOTS player in 2 months time.

That’s a fair point but I think we want different things from the game. I want a progressive game that doesn’t require me spending money and I have to say Fifa allows that. Fifa has its faults and it’s not a football sim which is one of my dislikes but I accept it for what it is.

We all start that game that same just like every other game. Fifa is a strategy game. It doesn’t hand out cards. That’s just the way it is. It requires time to learn it. Maybe more than others but really you can learn it by looking up a few methods. I dont use anything secret. Work 8 hours a day. Go to the gym and work freelance on the side. I have 2 kids and a wife and trust me... I don’t play or trade half as much as some of my friends. I play more than other games for sure but Fifa is a hobby. Maybe my favourite hobby outside of the gym.

I get your point about having access to every card on the game 100%. Everyone should have access A month before it finishes at the very least, even if it’s in stages. Just not at the start. There should be something to work towards is what I’m trying to say. If I loaded up fortnite right now, I would lose straight away becuase I’m rubbish at it. I’ve learnt how to play Fifa.
  • nicitel32
    1535 posts Play-Off Hero
    another crybaby that is lazy....it should be even harder to get top players as it was in 19...just use your brain and in october u should be able to buy someone like cr7 without spending a penny
  • Alex_cr
    4770 posts National Call-Up
    Yeah - so hard to get a good team these days. Let’s get back to the glory days.... when you couldn’t even afford a new contract for your player!

Get a grip. There’s supposed to be an aim to a game, how dull would it be if they just gave you everything? You wouldn’t want to start a platform game already completed would you?
  • leon1309
    4187 posts National Call-Up
    Williejno1 wrote: »
    Terrible the way fifa is going. Only the privileged can have an upper hand. Fifa points and getting the best players. Very unfair.

Lol no it’s not u can easily get 2-300k per week just from playing games without even packing a decent player
    if your lucky and actually pack someone from rewards I can get a lot more
    No fifa points needed

No, not easily (you have to grind)...but you can.
  • Jonboyparker
    edited August 25
    leon1309 wrote: »
    Williejno1 wrote: »
    Terrible the way fifa is going. Only the privileged can have an upper hand. Fifa points and getting the best players. Very unfair.

Lol no it’s not u can easily get 2-300k per week just from playing games without even packing a decent player
    if your lucky and actually pack someone from rewards I can get a lot more
    No fifa points needed

No, not easily (you have to grind)...but you can.

I’d agree. 200k for a average player is very good grinding personally bare in mind the amount of loses they will take.

Realistic goals are the key. I dont have time to play all the modes so I split it up equally. 5-6 wins SB, 11-14 wins on WL and top up DR to R2. That does ok. I then take Untradables and use anything good and recycle the rest on sbcs for more rewards. Usually end up around that figure before some safe trading.

If I pack something good it’s a bonus but I’m not complaining. That’s what I have time for. That’s the game I play.
  • Diggy
    13615 posts Has That Special Something
    If you want a team instantly it’s true but if you are prepared to trade & wait a little any team can be obtained
  • Alex_cr
    4770 posts National Call-Up
    Diggy wrote: »
    If you want a team instantly it’s true but if you are prepared to trade & wait a little any team can be obtained

But but but.... I want everything right now! And I want it given to me!
  • Alx192
    670 posts An Exciting Prospect
    maksi wrote: »
    That applies to life. If you want. The best stuff. Be that in Fifa, life, anything. The cost is very highly. Time. Money or sometimes both
    games should be escapism, not a job

pay2win doesn't mean literally paying with money, it means you either pay with absurd amount of time or real money

It is escapism.

There is no pressure in Fifa like there is in job or a life. No bills. No sudden water leaks. No performance reviews. No sickness. Jo family arguments. It’s pure escapism from life

You decide how much money or time you spend on it. That’s your choice. But in anything we do, we can’t have the best stuff if we don’t earn it.

That applies to Fifa

Best comment I've read lately.
  • maksi
    6594 posts Big Money Move
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    Hey EA, here's the money, gimme gimme gimme
  • Alx192
    You know what? If everyone would have free access to players, we would have a thread named "I am bored, too many God squads" in the first week of the game. FUT is not a game, it's a game MODE. If you want free access to all the players, go and play career mode or online seasons. If you want the special players and the Icons, you will have to be patient and work for them.
  • leon1309
    4187 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 25
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    Diggy wrote: »

More like: "We Will take your money...and wont fix any issues in the game, Will give you some shiney cards if you give us more money, cards Will expire in cca 10 months and then you can give us more money for glorified patch that most likely still does not fix any issues the game has. ...and dont you Dare complain about it, you bunch of "freeloaders"."

P.s.
    And Just to make sure you dont use grade to much se Will use captcha every 15 minutes, to make sure you are not a robot (even when logged into console)...and if that does not work and you are still trading a lot we Will abuse you of Tos breach and wipe your coins...you can open a case and when (if) cucssesful you Will get them back in cca 6 months with apology...or something among those Linea.
  • Funny how so many of you think money is more valuable than time

Grow up.

That’s a fair point but I think we want different things from the game. I want a progressive game that doesn’t require me spending money and I have to say Fifa allows that. Fifa has its faults and it’s not a football sim which is one of my dislikes but I accept it for what it is.

We all start that game that same just like every other game. Fifa is a strategy game. It doesn’t hand out cards. That’s just the way it is. It requires time to learn it. Maybe more than others but really you can learn it by looking up a few methods. I dont use anything secret. Work 8 hours a day. Go to the gym and work freelance on the side. I have 2 kids and a wife and trust me... I don’t play or trade half as much as some of my friends. I play more than other games for sure but Fifa is a hobby. Maybe my favourite hobby outside of the gym.

I get your point about having access to every card on the game 100%. Everyone should have access A month before it finishes at the very least, even if it’s in stages. Just not at the start. There should be something to work towards is what I’m trying to say. If I loaded up fortnite right now, I would lose straight away becuase I’m rubbish at it. I’ve learnt how to play Fifa.

I like progressive games. Keeps it fun.

BUT

FUT is on a 1 year game cycle, so in the grand scheme of things, what is the point? By the time you get the team you want the next game is released and your back to square 1.

It's all pointless.

Let people get the "ultimate team" by jan/feb so you have it long enough to enjoy it.

I dont want cards handed out but think we should grind towards players instead of packs and coins.

Example, score 400 goals in online games with Portuguese players to get untradeable NIF Ronaldo.

Keep 200 clean sheets to get NIF untradeable De Gea

Better players will achieve these quicker. Traders can still trade, spenders can still spend but people who buy the game for football can still work towards the "ultimate team" without it being their life.
  • Alx192

Grow up.

BUT

FUT is on a 1 year game cycle, so in the grand scheme of things, what is the point? By the time you get the team you want the next game is released and your back to square 1.

It's all pointless.

Let people get the "ultimate team" by jan/feb so you have it long enough to enjoy it.

I dont want cards handed out but think we should grind towards players instead of packs and coins.

Example, score 400 goals in online games with Portuguese players to get untradeable NIF Ronaldo.

Better players will achieve these quicker. Traders can still trade, spenders can still spend but people who buy the game for football can still work towards the "ultimate team" without it being their life.

This, yes. Objectives for players would work.
  • Jonboyparker

Grow up.

BUT

It's all pointless.

That’s not a bad idea tbf. I’d like to achieve my main targets via gameplay.

I understand what you’re saying about a 1 year game cycle. It’s sucks if you’ve got to the end and not had an opportunity to make your ultimate team. I think jan/Feb is a little early imo but it’s only my opinion and I have the advantage of being as good as I need to be. I’m not greedy. I dont compete although of course I like winning. I think I manage my time ok and don’t spend too long on Fifa. I only trade and play to get what I set out to get at the start.

But as I said, Ive Always been of the opinion that everyone should be able to access any player in the later stages of the game even if it undos the work I’ve done.
  • agentxyz2
    791 posts Professional
    I think FUT should be a subscription mode/game where your progress is continuous like an mmo, Was never a fan of restarting every year. But that poses its own problems as well
  • Jonboyparker
    agentxyz2 wrote: »
    I think FUT should be a subscription mode/game where your progress is continuous like an mmo, Was never a fan of restarting every year. But that poses its own problems as well

I think it would lose a lot of customers. Maybe only me but I dont buy into subscription gaming. It’s a game and I want to play when I want. I don’t want to play because I’m paying. Maybe it filters me out. I can’t say if it would be good or bad.
  • Gromit
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 25
    As I said earlier in the thread, the REAL problem with FUT is the removal of any kind of SQUAD TIER SYSTEM.

The game could be for everyone. For those that grind hundreds of hours, or spend ££££ to attain the best cards. And for those that play less and have cheap golds, or those that want to play bronze or silver.

All we have now is GOLD ONLY and with the plethora of special cards on offer this soon becomes almost exclusively SPECIAL CARD ONLY.

EA made the game like this solely to increase pack sales. They've manipulated your choices of what players you use by limiting the platforms in which you can use them.
  • Toonleew
    2171 posts Fans' Favourite
    I’ve spent over £200 on packs but it can be done with zero if you have spare time
  • forearms
    4679 posts National Call-Up

Grow up.

BUT

It's all pointless.

This is how they have done it in other games like MLB: the Show. You use the players you earn to fill objectives, which allow you to obtain a better version of that player.
  • Invincibility
    3421 posts National Call-Up
    Made 10 mil last month.. The first million is the hardest
  • invictus1
    208 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Grow up.

Its your choice if you want to have a good team or not. You can use that time to grind out coins in fifa or be rich in real life. You can work hard in real life to buy a FP or trade in game.
    I just dont get why do you think you will have a great team in FUT if you dont work hard for it.

Are you that entitled??
  • Thunder001
    443 posts Sunday League Hero
    If you dont want the progression throughout the season from golds to icons then FUT is not the mode you should be playing. Seasons would be the better mode. You don't need to spend money to be competitive, but you do need to spend time. That's fine with me.
  • I get all your points guys but this article really gets down to the point. Read it!

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2836528-is-it-too-expensive-to-be-good-at-fifa

You need the best cards in the game to see who really has skills playing the game. I say just get rid of Fifa Points. Then everyone has more of a chance to show how good they are at the game. I know some players who love fifa would probably beat some of these 'pros'
  • Orison
    47578 posts FIFA Cover Star
    You just keep linking the same article. It gets boring especially considering people showed enough anecdotal evidence for you to atleast consider being a bit more diverse than just copy and pasting the same article for the 10th time.
  • JohnDoe
    11250 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 25
    I get all your points guys but this article really gets down to the point. Read it!

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2836528-is-it-too-expensive-to-be-good-at-fifa

You need the best cards in the game to see who really has skills playing the game. I say just get rid of Fifa Points. Then everyone has more of a chance to show how good they are at the game. I know some players who love fifa would probably beat some of these 'pros'

Well, if it's on Bleacher Report it constitutes absolute truth!
  • Finesse_4days
    6804 posts Big Money Move
    Orison wrote: »
    It's a videogame, a hobby.

Why are people saying you could earn money instead? Many people play this after work or instead of going out drinking or so.

Would love to meet the guy who comes home after work only to "earn more real life money". Some people treat this game way too much like the equivalent of a job instead of acknowledging it as the hobby it is. Time consuming sure, but a hobby nontheless.

This, and the fact that many people like me enjoy trading and doing sbcs at the start of the game to get coins so don't see it as a hard chore just something to do when I have free time. Before Fifa 20 even comes officially out without spending a penny, you could easily have 200-300k from the advanced sbcs + doing some of the best value league sbc squads , + selling your loyalty packs and claiming your daily rewards. Earn 60k a week coin wise from playing quite casually + abit of trading and you could easily be on a mill about 6 weeks in and that's if you don't play that much or aren't that good at the game,
  • JWNYsg
    674 posts An Exciting Prospect
    agentxyz2 wrote: »

no, it should be everyone having free access - ie, no qualification. That should smoothen out the ELO