Socrates.

Finally bit the bullet and bought him. I thought I was in for a real treat, I have never bought an icon before. But I have to say what a disappointment. Tried him with hawk and engine and found him slow, poor agility and touch.

Although he scored 12 in ten he just doesn’t suit me.

Who should I save for next? I have decided to reinvest for now and build the coins up. Somewhere around 3 mil tops and in cam or a game changing midfielder?

Comments

• xFATAL
    4038 posts National Call-Up
    Maybe 91 Cruyff, Prime Raul or 90 Butra? Lot of options in that range though.
  • LovelyVillain
    3579 posts National Call-Up
    Finally bit the bullet and bought him. I thought I was in for a real treat, I have never bought an icon before. But I have to say what a disappointment. Tried him with hawk and engine and found him slow, poor agility and touch.

Although he scored 12 in ten he just doesn’t suit me.

Who should I save for next? I have decided to reinvest for now and build the coins up. Somewhere around 3 mil tops and in cam or a game changing midfielder?

I used his middle version and I was SO disappointed. His Prime is supposed to be marginally better but not worth it. He is lethal in the box but rarely ever gets in position and he feels AWFUL on the ball. His dribbling stats feel like 80 at most. His regular shot is the only thing I liked about him. He’s so big and strong but loses so many aerial battles and is so bad defensively that he won’t even intercept the odd pass here and there. He contributed about 1 goal per game if you count goals and assists but he was just so bad I had to sell him. For every moment of brilliance there were ten moments where I thought “Why is he so bad?”
  • Williejno1
    3084 posts National Call-Up
    He is one of the best players I’ve used to be honest he was amazing at pretty much everything for me
    Maybe doesn’t suit your play style just
  • Skely
    839 posts Professional
    I tried his middle and prime. I really wanted to like him... but he was a huge disappointment.
  • WarrenBarton
    7281 posts Big Money Move
    He was amazing before the first patch but then everything changed :|
  • Yeah @LovelyVillain that pretty much sums him up for me. His runs just seemed weird. Götze flashback peels off and creates space for the strikers, but Socrates reminds me of a little kid who just follows the ball around without any intelligence.

He seems so sluggish to turn and shift the ball. His passing was ok and to be fair his shooting from both feet was decent. The positioning is and ability to turn were just not there. I guess I prefer smaller more agile players. I had the vision of a big fast strong bully who would be able to shield the ball and bang it in from anywhere. The reality was Peter crouch in ice skates.
  • LovelyVillain
    3579 posts National Call-Up
    I was surprised that he felt more like SM Savic than Pogba. His balance and agility are poor but I figured his dribbling would at least make him feel somewhat smooth on the ball but his touches are as if he is wearing steel toe boots to play fútbol. Shame because Socrates is one of the 5 greatest Brazilians to ever play and in real life he glided around the pitch and has unparalleled vision for his time. He was like a mix of Pogba and Messi in his time with a splash of Pirlo but in his game he plays like a mix of Pogba and a cement truck
  • Skely
    839 posts Professional
    I was surprised that he felt more like SM Savic than Pogba. His balance and agility are poor but I figured his dribbling would at least make him feel somewhat smooth on the ball but his touches are as if he is wearing steel toe boots to play fútbol. Shame because Socrates is one of the 5 greatest Brazilians to ever play and in real life he glided around the pitch and has unparalleled vision for his time. He was like a mix of Pogba and Messi in his time with a splash of Pirlo but in his game he plays like a mix of Pogba and a cement truck

So true! Is sad! He was amazing in real life.