Sell up for online draft..?

FlyingOkapis
863 posts Semi-Pro
edited December 2018
How is the gameplay in online draft?

I'm somewhat fed up with the weekly grind to get rewards, its pretty stale playing WL/Rivals with the same team, I've chopped and changed tried different squads; Serie A, La Liga, BPL, Bundesliga, Hybrids etc, if I was to sell up I'd have 1.7mil which is well enough to just play drafts instead and use a variety of players and squads.

Anyone ever done this before, just wondering if its a good idea before commiting? I also dont like the high maintenance of FUT + rewards so draft would definitely be alot more casual.

Comments

• iRusty_yo
    3723 posts National Call-Up
    If you can win it consistently then yeah you can have fun all year. Check out some draft to glory vids on YouTube. Some guys end up making couple of mil throughout the year as they sell everything and sometime pack good stuff
  • FlyingOkapis
    863 posts Semi-Pro
    edited December 2018
    iRusty_yo wrote: »
    If you can win it consistently then yeah you can have fun all year. Check out some draft to glory vids on YouTube. Some guys end up making couple of mil throughout the year as they sell everything and sometime pack good stuff

To be honest I dont even care for the rewards, what interests me is the variety of players, might be able to use an icon or CR7 etc, at the moment I want to lower my time invested in the game, its not a lot currently, I play maybe one WL out of 3/4, Rivals a bit in the week but its still too much, which is why draft seems attractive, its more pick up and play whilst being able to use good players and not a won at all costs mentality.

Might stack all the packs for the end of the game and see what I get (nothing).
  • SP300x
    128 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The pack rewards from draft this year are terrible
  • Steelcitysniper
    1152 posts Professional
    Ur not really selling up right now. Thursday was ur sell up time.
  • Ur not really selling up right now. Thursday was ur sell up time.

Ay..?
  • Boysie91
    7670 posts League Winner
    I did this couple years ago at the beginning for a month and pulled some good player including Kluivert. Wouldn't do it now though.
  • Boysie91 wrote: »
    I did this couple years ago at the beginning for a month and pulled some good player including Kluivert. Wouldn't do it now though.

Not overly fussed what I pull, if I sell up I have 1.7mil-ish, thats for drafts.

My logic is 1.7mil is not gonna get my Henry 93, R9, Figo, Vieira, Carlos, CR7 etc, these are players I'd love to use but outside of FUT you cant, I cant afford them but draft seems to give you some high rated players to use, yeah its only for a max of 4 games a pop but at least I will be able to use them.

Its just about playing the game with a mix of players, what I get out the packs I dont really care about.
  • jonkero
    5140 posts Big Money Move
    Its fun but I wouldn't sell my team for it. Just start with 15k see how far you'll get from there ;)
  • Kalhead
    504 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Honestly the reward weighting this year is a joke.

I posted elsewhere, but i won about 5 drafts this week and four times i got the 2 rare gold pack option. Three of those times i probably didnt make my money back, or if i did it was negligible given the time invested in it.
  • Agreed, but I dont care about the rewards its about the variety of players, which players did you use in the draft, any icon picks?
  • MUFC_420
    1711 posts Play-Off Hero
    Think everyone here is misinterpreting what op is trying to get across. He's not worried about rewards or winning the draft it's purely for enjoyment and getting to use a variety of players.

OP I would only recommend doing this if you are 100% sure that you don't want to play any other mode bar draft for the rest of the year. If you're happy enough with this then by all means go for it if that's what will bring you the most enjoyment.
  • Pipita
    634 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Go for it but dont spend all 1.7 million you might pack something very worth it along the journey so i wouldnt spend all the coins.
  • Momus
    1817 posts Play-Off Hero
    Draft gameplay is incredible compared to WL
  • MUFC_420 wrote: »
    Think everyone here is misinterpreting what op is trying to get across. He's not worried about rewards or winning the draft it's purely for enjoyment and getting to use a variety of players.

OP I would only recommend doing this if you are 100% sure that you don't want to play any other mode bar draft for the rest of the year. If you're happy enough with this then by all means go for it if that's what will bring you the most enjoyment.

You got it!

I've got tired of the constant grind for rewards, constant squad management, having to play to get the weekly coin etc.. and after all that still not being able to afford the players I actually want to use, yes I may never use them in draft either but you seem to get a better pick of the high rated players plus icons, I've been playing FUT since day one, never got to use the players I actually want to use and have always had to settle.

I just see drafts as an option to 'pick up and play', take it easy on the game, hopefully use some high rated players and maybe with less focus on win win win might actually enjoy the game.. :o

With the weekly rewards being implemented FUT somewhat feels like you have to play WL/Rivals or you get left behind, I've never been a trader so not going to invest etc, I just want to play the game with good players!
  • Pipita wrote: »
    Go for it but dont spend all 1.7 million you might pack something very worth it along the journey so i wouldnt spend all the coins.

1.7million is going to be difficult to burn through at 15k a pop, thats over a 100 turns, that should last me to end of the game I'd imagine!

I'm going to try ignore the rewards until the end, even if I got R9 I probably wont return back to the normal FUT its too much like having a second job, s*** FUT is more stressful than my actual job!