FIFA Tricks - Maybe obvious - maybe not.

Absting159
6703 posts Moderator
I was watching @dopetothemax this week and BS'ing with him and he mentioned doing an LB-cross. I asked what it was as I though the only way to manipulate a cross was the length you help the button or how many taps.

Needless to say, LB-Cross is very useful and really helps to put the ball where I want it. Something incredibly easy I just didn't know.

Any other types of easy combo things I might not realize I'm not doing?

Thanks!!

Comments

• WFCBagnall
    69626 posts Moderator
    You know about lb ball roll and lb fake shot?
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26031 posts Player of the Year
    LB ball roll & timed finesse.

Don’t need to know anything else this year.
  • dopetothemax
    2015 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yup LB ball roll aka La Croqueta and LB fake shot are very effective. Both new this year as well.
  • AjaxLegends
    1729 posts Play-Off Hero
    I learned the ball roll this week and also the LB ball roll and they are great to open space in midfield. I’ve never done ball roll before because I’m an idiot. Mostly do heel to heel or that funny turn with the wingers. Very effective though. Heel to heel isn’t this year.
  • krakos000
    17455 posts World Class
    Yup LB ball roll aka La Croqueta and LB fake shot are very effective. Both new this year as well.

Wait what are these?! And is LB cross a dipping cross?? How do you do low crosses etc now this year?
  • AjaxLegends
    1729 posts Play-Off Hero
    krakos000 wrote: »

Wait what are these?! And is LB cross a dipping cross?? How do you do low crosses etc now this year?

I just do a hard pass. RB + A I believe. RB +X probably also still exists but never used that.

• krakos000
    17455 posts World Class

I just do a hard pass. RB + A I believe. RB +X probably also still exists but never used that.

Hmmm I might try this. I just do normal crosses lol
  • hjdjydyufu
    7506 posts League Winner
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    You know about lb ball roll and lb fake shot?

Good advice. @Absting159 @WFCBagnall

I didn't know that either.
  • dopetothemax

LB cross is a lob cross so it floats higher to get it to the back post. And you can still triple tap for low crosses as well.
  • krakos000
    17455 posts World Class

LB cross is a lob cross so it floats higher to get it to the back post. And you can still triple tap for low crosses as well.

Ahhhh okay gotcha!! Thanks man.
  • CtldChaos
    2047 posts Fans' Favourite
    In reading this thread I am starting to get the feeling that I should tape down my LB button and it seems everything it does is OP/Awesome/Better than the non-LB equivalent.
  • Fifafuthed
    646 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Also switching crossing to manual seems to help as well.
  • Absting159
    6703 posts Moderator
    Wow, I don't feel bad and am now quite happy I made this thread.

Trying LB ball roll in the next game, hahahaha.
  • dopetothemax
    Absting159 wrote: »

Only works with 4* skillers and higher just fyi lol
  • RebelRob
    5046 posts Big Money Move
    Fake shot stop works quite well, especially when paired with changing direction eg running towards the left post, stopping, then cutting in towards the far post and then timed finesse shot.

Heel 2 heel is really good in the right place, especially with better players but is effect with anyone really. That’s just forward then backwards on the trick stick.
  • S-Dog
    2383 posts Fans' Favourite
    Anyone gonna tell us how to do this magical LB things?
  • BcfcDale88
    3642 posts National Call-Up
    They are easy really if your running directly down the pitch towards goal. Hold LB and either hold right stick up or down to exit left or right. Very effective.
  • G12OGN
    1519 posts Play-Off Hero
    I think this thread should be deleted now :joy:
  • Knowlesdinho
    10204 posts Has That Special Something
    edited December 2018
    Does anyone know how to do that flick over the defenders head this year? It used to be up on the stick with a 5* player.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    Does anyone know how to do that flick over the defenders head this year? It used to be up on the stick with a 5* player.

That’s the Okocha flick, you have to hold LB and duck the stick forward now.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    BcfcDale88 wrote: »
    They are easy really if your running directly down the pitch towards goal. Hold LB and either hold right stick up or down to exit left or right. Very effective.

LB ball roll and then change direction immediately the opposite way, not many can defend that.
  • Diggy
    13619 posts Has That Special Something
    LB+RB+Y

Driven aerial through ball

• Finesse_4days
    6916 posts Big Money Move
    Absting159 wrote: »

Only works with players who have either 4 or 5* skills, so no La Croqueta with Kane.
  • Knowlesdinho
    10204 posts Has That Special Something

That’s the Okocha flick, you have to hold LB and duck the stick forward now.

Cheers.
  • Whoman
    5306 posts Big Money Move
    As for LB crosses: They are really good in certain situations, but using them always versus normal crosses won't result in more goals. Ideally you learn all variants and then use them situationally. LB 1 i mainly use on counter attacks/transition plays when a guy is open at the far post with players in between (normal cross is tricky to get the power right imo) and also when i have a clear mismatch where all i want is to loft it up where only my guy can get it.

Here's a good example of where an LB cross worked out rather prettily :

1bwwEdo.gif