Thanks EA - manual players screwed over again

speeches123
80 posts Park Captain
Ok, I don't care if we are a huge minority but we are still players of the game and give money to EA each year so shouldn't be ignored time and time again.

I play on manual controls and still FUT inexplicably has no online control match making filter like regular online seasons where you can filter by control type.

This means that, yet again, I miss out on objectives for players because I cannot play the matches online without getting battered most the time because I am up against someone on assisted controls.

So I can never get all FUT Swap players available, miss out players like Tah and Parolo , packs etc. Can never play Divisions or WL. Literally stuck to offline matches Vs AI 99% the time.

@EA_Andy or someone else at EA, please make the game more accessible. It impacts no non manual players whatsoever and is already something you have in another part the game. I am not asking for the Earth

Comments

• BFC CLARETTRICK
    1250 posts Professional
    edited December 2018
    Well said but unfortunately ea dont care
    Post edited by BFC CLARETTRICK on
  • speeches123
    80 posts Park Captain
    Well said but unfortunately dont care

I think we just have to keep hammering the point on here and elsewhere.

I don't have/use Twitter but annoyingly the EA guys there seem active. How sad is it that I am genuinely considering creating a Twitter account just to ask them about a bloody game?
  • speeches123
    80 posts Park Captain
    Bump @EA_Andy
  • speeches123
    80 posts Park Captain
    Bumping again
  • COLD-187
    1556 posts Play-Off Hero
    Manual GK was awesome until the last update....
  • joehuk
    4732 posts National Call-Up
    Do you want to be searching for hours to get a manual match? I think they had a filter on fifa 16 or something in normal online matches and I never ever found a game.

If anything online competitive modes should be at least semi settings so there would be a massive skill gap but EA will never do it.

I myself use semi shooting only and assisted pass just because I'd limit myself to much online.

But I'd happily have everything set to semi and learn it.
  • DailyTrader
    2143 posts Fans' Favourite
    The new patch is the most horrendous update I have seen till date.
  • BFC CLARETTRICK
    1250 posts Professional

I don't have/use Twitter but annoyingly the EA guys there seem active. How sad is it that I am genuinely considering creating a Twitter account just to ask them about a bloody game?

I wouldn't bother with twitter dude those ea guys are just saying they're going to make the game better when we all know that is complete nonsense i would say it's easily been 5 or 6 years without a good fifa game now so why all of a sudden would ea change their ways now...? Not fooling me

To be honest i would like to play manual controls simply because i think assisted settings are becoming far more overpowered with every fifa that is released and its causing way too many problems with the game in general especially passing and shooting its just far too easy at this point.

Also the game in general is completely broken there's an infinite amount of things wrong with the game so ea's main priority should be to fix everything but i think this in this state is beyond repair and its been building up for years this has.

Unless this got the majority of the community asking for this its never going to happen small things like hiding club names and sorting kit glitches out is the sort of thing ea would do over anything else because its ❤️❤️❤️❤️ easy to do compared to adding in filters apparently..How i dont know when regular seasons has them their already.
  • speeches123
    80 posts Park Captain
    joehuk wrote: »
    Do you want to be searching for hours to get a manual match? I think they had a filter on fifa 16 or something in normal online matches and I never ever found a game.

If anything online competitive modes should be at least semi settings so there would be a massive skill gap but EA will never do it.

I myself use semi shooting only and assisted pass just because I'd limit myself to much online.

But I'd happily have everything set to semi and learn it.

They still have it in normal seasons and it honestly takes me 3 goes most the time to find matches on manual. Also, there are several communities of manual players who play each other regularly but not on FUT as most don't see the point cos of no filter.

Even if it took 5 days to find someone. I would like the option to wait 5 days than never have it at all.

The reason I am not personally so keen on enforced changes is because there will be uproar in the community. If they did it similar to tactical defending then that would work:

Have the option for both and then eventually phase out the old way as more people get used to the new way
  • speeches123
    80 posts Park Captain

I wouldn't bother with twitter dude those ea guys are just saying they're going to make the game better when we all know that is complete nonsense i would say it's easily been 5 or 6 years without a good fifa game now so why all of a sudden would ea change their ways now...? Not fooling me

To be honest i would like to play manual controls simply because i think assisted settings are becoming far more overpowered with every fifa that is released and its causing way too many problems with the game in general especially passing and shooting its just far too easy at this point.

Also the game in general is completely broken there's an infinite amount of things wrong with the game so ea's main priority should be to fix everything but i think this in this state is beyond repair and its been building up for years this has.

Unless this got the majority of the community asking for this its never going to happen small things like hiding club names and sorting kit glitches out is the sort of thing ea would do over anything else because its **** easy to do compared to adding in filters apparently..How i dont know when regular seasons has them their already.

Yeah I am under no illusion that they would be all that useful as ultimately they are the pawns between us and the guys making the decisions. But, my method in a lot of life is persistence and sometimes, throw enough crap at the wall and something will stick.

The best argument I can think of for EA to add a filter is extra money, even if relatively small increase:

- By adding manual control filters you reintroduce a whole new player base

- You will eventually get people trying it and therefore the actual stats of the players make a huge difference. As you say currently everything is broken, all players play the same with Margi Al differences. Better shooting/passing players makes people consider buying a wider range of cards and consumables
    - Manual passing doesn't mean you can ping a 60 yard pass with a League 2 player like he's Scholars.
  • speeches123
    80 posts Park Captain
    edited December 2018
    Bumping again
  • speeches123
    80 posts Park Captain
    And again
  • speeches123
    80 posts Park Captain
    For goodness sake EA, please acknowledge a player base
  • speeches123
    80 posts Park Captain