Has EA lost it this year?

DKCena
1713 posts Play-Off Hero
edited December 2018
Fekir is having 3x 86 cards.

Griezmans 90 card is 26 IGS higher than his NIF but cost 470k more.

Sokratis OTW is capped a 50k and his Live card is more expensive.

94 Neymar is capped a 1,8 mio on PS4 and 4 mio on Xbox.

So many things that doesnt make sense

Comments

• Thorny
    1415 posts Play-Off Hero
    Your images don't work, but the answer is a definitive yes.
  • rona_94
    905 posts Professional
    More promos = more money for EA

Even if that means full the market with 4 similar cards
  • Andyw19_88
    535 posts An Exciting Prospect
    EA FIFA headquarters should be in the uk,not in Canada where they don't even have their own football league,it's like us Brits sorting madden out 99.9% of us haven't got a clue
  • Burchy
    1624 posts Play-Off Hero
    Andyw19_88 wrote: »
    EA FIFA headquarters should be in the uk,not in Canada where they don't even have their own football league,it's like us Brits sorting madden out 99.9% of us haven't got a clue

Very true!!!
  • Rossco160715
    2638 posts Fans' Favourite

• Xguti002
    2020 posts Fans' Favourite

At least move it to California. Lots of football knowledge here.
  • Andyw19_88
    Xguti002 wrote: »

At least move it to California. Lots of football knowledge here.

Is there a queue of 50+ people waiting at shops at midnight for FIFA release?
  • SweatBeautifully
    1353 posts Professional
    Completely lost the plot
  • Ishibum
    15305 posts World Class

Nonsense post.
  • Ishibum
    15305 posts World Class
    DKCena wrote: »
    Fekir is having 3x 86 cards.

Griezmans 90 card is 26 IGS higher than his NIF but cost 470k more.

Sokratis OTW is capped a 50k and his Live card is more expensive.

94 Neymar is capped a 1,8 mio on PS4 and 4 mio on Xbox.

So many things that doesnt make sense

Definitive yes to this. Feels to me like the folk that do the cards are having to throw everything at players to distract them from the fact that the gameplay is an abomination.

Sadly, no amount of promos can disguise the fact the game is a complete mess.
  • Eisenhardt
    4250 posts National Call-Up

Please explain how moving headquarters to the UK will help with managing price ranges and card upgrades? That doesn't even have anything to do with real life football.
  • Aqeel87
    2916 posts Fans' Favourite
    Completely lost the plot

• BlactionMan
    372 posts Sunday League Hero
    You need economics skills rather than any football knowledge to manage it, moving to the UK wouldn’t make a difference, the football side isn’t relevant.
  • Andyw19_88
    You need economics skills rather than any football knowledge to manage it, moving to the UK wouldn’t make a difference, the football side isn’t relevant.

Yeah cus theyre doing a great job in Canada aren't they, not gonna argue but my logic is behind a great football game should be people who understand football and that's much easier to find in the uk rather than canada
  • Dazzler
    2101 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ishibum wrote: »

Nonsense post.

Well let’s be honest the developers in Canada have failed us big time.
  • Huxx
    3218 posts National Call-Up
    It's diabolical this year. But it's pretty much the community's fault at this point for continuing to drop 15 quid for a 100k pack with a 1% chance of a good pull, promo after promo.

Even as we demand change we reward EA for being useless.
  • Durrani13
    2097 posts Fans' Favourite

You make too much sense. FIFA hasn't broken you yet. Go to the head of the class.
  • Ishibum
    15305 posts World Class
    Dazzler wrote: »

Nonsense post.

But blaming the fact the devs are Canadian is total tripe.
  • Dazzler

Nonsense post.

Well can we agree the developers are total tripe!!!
  • Damo
    313 posts Sunday League Hero
    Have they lost the plot or are many FIFA players really that stupid to pay 470k more for 26 IGs
  • Durrani13
    Damo wrote: »
    Have they lost the plot or are many FIFA players really that stupid to pay 470k more for 26 IGs

Some of the best players going around only use gold cards and do just fine. This one or two extra numbers and different coloured cards are like candy. Looks tasty, initially makes you hyper which you misinterpret as excitement and then leaves you with symptoms of withdrawal when the moment is over.
  • JamieT96
    6980 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2018
    Yes, especially when you consider how ❤️❤️❤️❤️ the market is, coin selling is clearly in full swing, again.
  • Forca-Barca
    3453 posts National Call-Up
    Durrani13 wrote: »

Some of the best players going around only use gold cards and do just fine. This one or two extra numbers and different coloured cards are like candy. Looks tasty, initially makes you hyper which you misinterpret as excitement and then leaves you with symptoms of withdrawal when the moment is over.

I would pay more for a stamina upgrade on players like Messi
  • Ishibum
    15305 posts World Class

Nonsense post.

Well can we agree the developers are total tripe!!!

100% there :lol:
  • Durrani13
    Durrani13 wrote: »

I would pay more for a stamina upgrade on players like Messi

It's weird when I play against teams with low stamina players they all seem to be as good as Kante. I don't think it really matters. So many use Sane and run up and down the wing and hardly any difference. When players slow down, they all slow down. Because it seems to be just a game speed slowing down gimmick.

Try this to prove it to yourself. Bring on your fastest player when everyone seems to have slowed down in the second half and see if you can outrun them. I'll save you the disappointment, you won't be much faster than everyone else on the pitch.
  • Mmandras
    5693 posts Big Money Move
    Fifa is getting better every year content-wise. Minor setbacks with mistakes being made on SBC events, perhaps few irregularities here and there like Sokratis otw card but overall EA is doing awesome job with live content, leaving in the dust every other game in that department not including mobile games of course, with free to play business model that 100% relies on the fresh content.

Gameplay is far from perfect, servers also, coin selling perhaps is an issue (judging from the comments here) but it would be fair to give EA credit for trying.
  • Dazzler
    Mmandras wrote: »
    Fifa is getting better every year content-wise. Minor setbacks with mistakes being made on SBC events, perhaps few irregularities here and there like Sokratis otw card but overall EA is doing awesome job with live content, leaving in the dust every other game in that department not including mobile games of course, with free to play business model that 100% relies on the fresh content.

Gameplay is far from perfect, servers also, coin selling perhaps is an issue (judging from the comments here) but it would be fair to give EA credit for trying.

And much of what you say is why it makes it so so frustrating.

I agree the content around the gameplay is very good dare I say excellent.

So you save up with your coins for the great cards, your time doing SBC’s, I spend time trading as well which I’m sad but enjoy.

Then boom you play the game and now the majority of days it’s tripe. Delay, lag and the bloody M word we are not allowed to mention ruins the day.

I just want to play the game and if I’m better than the other player normally win and if I’m worse normally lose.

I don’t want to regularly feel that that the game’s mechanics are at fault.

I play other online games and never feel like this.

Fifa needs to change and get the basics right as well as the pink and fluffy stuff.

If the developers aren’t up to the task they need to move on.
  • Xguti002
    2020 posts Fans' Favourite
    Do they even have people dedicated to monitoring the markets in every platform? I think not. I mean with the amount of money they make I would assume it would cost them nothing to add at least 2 people per platform to monitor the markets and give their input on decisions regarding sbcs and price ranges for special items
  • Swagster123
    1732 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited December 2018
    there is no skill gap at all its all about overpowered players n icons and the formation n tactics you use in this game
  • BlactionMan
    372 posts Sunday League Hero

Yeah cus theyre doing a great job in Canada aren't they, not gonna argue but my logic is behind a great football game should be people who understand football and that's much easier to find in the uk rather than canada

In developing the game maybe, but managing the market is nothing to do with football knowledge. They need people who can manipulate the market to earn them as much money as possible, gifting out desirable SBC's at this stage of the game wont do that, despite how much we would like to see it.