Has anyone honestly given up on Fifa 19?? Like refusing to play it

Bilbao_Baggins
3938 posts National Call-Up
I often see people posting that they have had enough. Lots of constant moaning and complaints about the game which I agree is not very good. But has anyone actually given up?

Comments

• mdizzl3
    12407 posts Has That Special Something
    edited December 2018
    I wouldn't say 'refuse to play' but I've just got better things to play at the moment so I'll just do that for now. Will keeping popping back on every now and then though.
  • Blarix
    20838 posts Club Captain
    nope, loving it.

I would be bored and giving up the game if I had bunch of dossers in my team.
  • HelloDearie
    2253 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have been on and off to trade and to do any decent sbc, but only on the companion app.

Haven’t played an actual game for 2 weeks now. Cannot be bothered atm, the love for the game is just not there. Haven’t quit per se, but no desire to play a game. Which is the earliest this has ever happened to me. Usually this happens after TOTS.
  • MUFC_420
    1873 posts Play-Off Hero
    mdizzl3 wrote: »
    I wouldn't say 'refuse to play' but I've just got better things to play at the moment so I'll just do that for now. Will keeping popping back on every now and then though.

This. I jump on and play when the servers are working but when the delay is bad like today I will just stay clear and play BO4.

I've lost all love for this game now and I'm only still playing as I've bought the game and put time in trading to get the team and coins I have now. Won't be back next year unless EA announce that the servers are being addressed.
  • Rossco160715
    2155 posts Fans' Favourite
    I’ll still play the game but I won’t soend another penny.
  • Rebound19
    185 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I play occasionally but the gameplay is so bad at the moment that its more of a chore to get through than actually have any fun.
  • Retro_G
    29134 posts Player of the Year
    I stopped playing for about a month when new games released, but I'm back on the Fifa grind. Read Dead Redemption 2 online is a let down, Black Ops 4, Battlefield 5 are unfinished games.

There won't be another proper competitive game worth playing until MK11 releases in April.

• OfficerJimlahey
    1784 posts Play-Off Hero
    No. I did give up when it was trash. They’ve sorted it out and now I’m absolutely loving it! Best Fifa in years
  • Boerieboys
    467 posts Sunday League Hero
    Fifa 19 is the only game I have for my PS4 so there are not a lot of options..
  • Thamightyboro
    7108 posts Big Money Move
    Given up nope still playing the odd match but find I'm spending 90% of my game time back on ESO.
  • Gooner93
    334 posts Sunday League Hero
    Pretty much, gameplay is over run by AI and unbalanced sliders. Icons are so inflated, i'm reluctant to buy. Promos are boring. My rewards have been terrible.

Played every weekend league and got to at least rank 2 in dr, but not bothered with either in last 2 weeks.
  • iTaLenTZ
    466 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited December 2018
    I quit the game. I am just hanging on the forums now. I really like football and would very much enjoy playing a good football game but atm fifa 19 is everything but that.
  • Team Sam
    1878 posts Fans' Favourite
    Actually loving it right now. Finally found my team
  • iTaLenTZ wrote: »
    I quit the game. I am just hanging on the forums now. I really like football and would very much enjoy playing a good football game but atm fifa 19 is everything but that.

hello Mr thread of the year
  • GreezyWeezyLDN
    1323 posts Professional
    I'm close, I quit 17 in June, 18 in Feb 19 could be done for me by end of this month.

#fixfifa really built some steam past year, I was hoping they would react with a better game. Nope.
  • Brydobhoy
    460 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Played since 97, I put it on every few days play about 3 games max and turn it off, im literally laughing while just ejecting the disc thinking why do I do this When I know the carnage awaits.
  • CharlieC
    6685 posts Big Money Move
    I’m playing less than I ever have. Still jump on now and again for a game or two but honestly don’t care about rewards or anything and divisions is dull.
  • FUTRocky77
    1134 posts Professional
    Sometimes when you watch a game on tv it makes you want to play but 5 mins in you realise why you stopped playing it.
  • FUTRocky77
    1134 posts Professional
    CharlieC wrote: »
    I’m playing less than I ever have. Still jump on now and again for a game or two but honestly don’t care about rewards or anything and divisions is dull.

• AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    First time in a while I can't be bothered to do the weekly objective for a player. Just can't be bothered. Would rather play RDR2 or something.
  • mindm4ster
    4945 posts Big Money Move
    Retro_G wrote: »
    I stopped playing for about a month when new games released, but I'm back on the Fifa grind. Read Dead Redemption 2 online is a let down, Black Ops 4, Battlefield 5 are unfinished games.

There won't be another proper competitive game worth playing until MK11 releases in April.

wtf is that trash music?
  • Shshj
    4193 posts National Call-Up
    I'm still playing it but I'm less interested than ever, there's just nothing to do. SBC content is abysmal, every promo seems to disappoint in some way. WL and Rivals are ultra-competitive - there's no chill mode in FUT anymore.

I'm not a huge NFL fan but I picked up Madden for the first time ever this year and it's absolutely brilliant so I've sunk a lot of time into that. Their Ultimate Team is superior on nearly every level, it's hard to believe both are made by the same company.
  • Brydobhoy
    460 posts An Exciting Prospect
    FUTRocky77 wrote: »
    Sometimes when you watch a game on tv it makes you want to play but 5 mins in you realise why you stopped playing it.

Exactly this, I watch a good game on tv or go to a celtic game and think Im gunna go home and go celtic on career or seasons put disc on play one game, opoonent scores kick off goal from their first shot and is drawing 1-1 after youve hit the post 300 times, eject disc for another few days.

• sturges12345
    3008 posts National Call-Up
    Haven't played in a week so yh
  • Retro_G
    29134 posts Player of the Year
    mindm4ster wrote: »

wtf is that trash music?

Yeah it's pretty bad all right, they should've went with some dark techno like the original MK. Trailer is cool though, can't wait for MK11.
  • I've always just played casually so I don't play enough games to really get burnt out and disillusioned with it like I'm sure those who've already played several hundreds of games will be.

For me, I just don't like the direction they've been heading for the last few years.
  • Ruffy
    475 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited December 2018
    Not refused but iam i little tired of it right now. Didnt play single game of rivals or WL and i had a day off today....
  • Candykaine17
    42 posts Park Captain
    Im slowly giving up, but thats mainly due to how bad my rewards are, its not worth my time to sweat out just to get van der beek lol
  • Pewdiepie
    238 posts Sunday League Hero
    mindm4ster wrote: »

wtf is that trash music?

Netherrealm is from Chicago my hometown..rap is what we mostly listen to over here. For X release video had rap in it too. I honestly didint mind at all we are just happy its coming out.
  • Mr. Soper
    2572 posts Fans' Favourite
    Loving it. Black Ops 4 is horrible and I loved WWII. I have stopped playing COD. First time in like 10 years that I have stopped playing. Slowing enjoying Red Dead, but FIFA is my daily grind right now