The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

What's really going on at EA?

MUFC_420
2402 posts Fans' Favourite
There's something just doesn't seem right this year with the way EA are conducting themselves and treating the community. Is this the beginning of the end?

I have a theory that EA know things that we dont and are just milking the fans for everything they can this year.

There's alot of bad press and law proceedings into micro transactions and the gambling side of things. I firmly believe that EA are aware that this is going to be the last year they can get away with this and are just milking this game mode for every last penny they can get. It would certainly make sense.

They have been throwing 2 fingers up to the community that feeds them time and time again this year it's almost like they don't care anymore about keeping the community happy. I know in the past they haven't been great with the community but there's never been anything close to this year.

And if this is the case and micro transactions are being done away with as they are now and possibly cosmetic transactions only could this be the end of fut?

Would EA dedicate as much time and effort into this game mode if they couldn't make the same sort of money from micro transactions?

What's your opinions on this?

Comments

  • Momus
    1835 posts Play-Off Hero
    Social experiment to see how much they can ❤️❤️❤️❤️ on customers and get away with.

    These cards have quite literally no upgrades on their other versions, and 1% chance means it would cost thousands and thousands to pack a decent one.

    It’s unfathomable that they get away with this
  • Gooner93
    334 posts Sunday League Hero
    Great long term business plan, so theyre planning on losing a tonne through microtransactions? Solution?
    Make the worst game ever, try to milk everyone dry and deter loads of people playing.
    So now they'll lose money from micro transactions and people won't want to buy their game.
  • MUFC_420
    2402 posts Fans' Favourite
    Momus wrote: »
    Social experiment to see how much they can **** on customers and get away with.

    These cards have quite literally no upgrades on their other versions, and 1% chance means it would cost thousands and thousands to pack a decent one.

    It’s unfathomable that they get away with this

    It's a joke. I mean look at Prime R9 he's almost 10m. If you translate that into real money you would be talking £5000-£8000 unless you get lucky from packs. This shouldn't be allowed in any game.
  • deang07
    8328 posts League Winner
    im thinking with all these investigations into loot boxes, gambling , odds and so on ea know eventually they are going to have to change ultimate team in a big way maybe even nxt yr.
    because of this perhaps they are having one ladt hurrah in 19 trying to generate as much cash as poss cos these promos have been ridiculous.
    they are keeping icons high also.

    p.s im guilty of buying fp as i like packs but it is shocking what they do im fully aware of that .

  • MUFC_420
    2402 posts Fans' Favourite
    Gooner93 wrote: »
    Great long term business plan, so theyre planning on losing a tonne through microtransactions? Solution?
    Make the worst game ever, try to milk everyone dry and deter loads of people playing.
    So now they'll lose money from micro transactions and people won't want to buy their game.

    Well if you have any other theories as to why they are trying to grab as much money as possible this year and happily pushing the community away in the process I would like to hear them.
  • MHoney1234
    9578 posts League Winner
    Momus wrote: »
    Social experiment to see how much they can **** on customers and get away with.

    These cards have quite literally no upgrades on their other versions, and 1% chance means it would cost thousands and thousands to pack a decent one.

    It’s unfathomable that they get away with this

  • Mdx
    2691 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2018
    Its no different this year to any other year.

    This game mode is all to do with being deprived.

    Deprivation brings desperation which results in pack buying.

    Its the same method that is used in gambling / slot machines / lottery.


  • lucas
    4972 posts Big Money Move
    Look at their share’s, bad reputation is getting to them
  • Rossco160715
    2155 posts Fans' Favourite
    deang07 wrote: »
    im thinking with all these investigations into loot boxes, gambling , odds and so on ea know eventually they are going to have to change ultimate team in a big way maybe even nxt yr.
    because of this perhaps they are having one ladt hurrah in 19 trying to generate as much cash as poss cos these promos have been ridiculous.
    they are keeping icons high also.

    p.s im guilty of buying fp as i like packs but it is shocking what they do im fully aware of that .

    I’m similar to you as I often spend on payday and also add £30 onto my phone bill. I’ve had enough though and won’t spend a penny tonight or for the remainder of Fifa. I have followed the trading tips and made more coins through trading than I ever could via packs. I have barred my phone number in the event I’m under the influence and decide to open packs and deleted my card from the PS store.

    I won’t give them another penny and I genuinely hope others follow. They’re a hand over fist company and despite making a fortune; continue to operate in sin despite continuous negative feedback from their customer base.
  • Gooner93
    334 posts Sunday League Hero
    MUFC_420 wrote: »
    Gooner93 wrote: »
    Great long term business plan, so theyre planning on losing a tonne through microtransactions? Solution?
    Make the worst game ever, try to milk everyone dry and deter loads of people playing.
    So now they'll lose money from micro transactions and people won't want to buy their game.

    Well if you have any other theories as to why they are trying to grab as much money as possible this year and happily pushing the community away in the process I would like to hear them.

    Just greedy and short sighted in a nutshell.

    We know they can make a good game, look at fifa 08 to fifa 12, pre patch 18 too. Unfortunately if they get stung with the microtrasanctions, they'll make a generous good game for 20, to reel everyone back in.
  • As an FYI; there are a lot of senior ultimate team related jobs listed on the EA careers website. Including, as far as I can tell, the top 2 jobs (overall project manager, and head of live content).

    Ie: there is no one steering this ship

  • Momus
    1835 posts Play-Off Hero
    As an FYI; there are a lot of senior ultimate team related jobs listed on the EA careers website. Including, as far as I can tell, the top 2 jobs (overall project manager, and head of live content).

    Ie: there is no one steering this ship

    Advertising a job for head of live content?
    For a company as greedy as EA, it seems odd they’d be paying someone to do nothing all year
  • MUFC_420
    2402 posts Fans' Favourite
    As an FYI; there are a lot of senior ultimate team related jobs listed on the EA careers website. Including, as far as I can tell, the top 2 jobs (overall project manager, and head of live content).

    Ie: there is no one steering this ship

    Well now that would actually explain alot. It has inexperience written all over it this year tbh.
  • Brydobhoy
    460 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Theres no ship it crashed and burned years ago, boats n hoes.

    I agree with OP i get the feeling they are milking as much as they can before something drastic happens, this has been the worst fifa for years and I honestly thought nothing could be worst then 17 & 18.

    Every single year the demo is brilliant manual gameplay and as soon as UT kicks off because the younger generation dont have a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ clue how to defend and this is where most of EA ut comes from the revert back to the bs mechanics.
  • GreezyWeezyLDN
    1323 posts Professional
    Waiting for a court to judge that all packs sold were sold under false pretences and customers must be refunded. Maaaaaaaaaan i'd get thousands back!
  • MUFC_420
    2402 posts Fans' Favourite
    Waiting for a court to judge that all packs sold were sold under false pretences and customers must be refunded. Maaaaaaaaaan i'd get thousands back!

    We can only dream haha

    Haven't spent a penny this year but have spent thousands over the years. Done about 2 grand in 16 throughout the year alone.
  • MHoney1234
    9578 posts League Winner
    Waiting for a court to judge that all packs sold were sold under false pretences and customers must be refunded. Maaaaaaaaaan i'd get thousands back!

    I can see the adverts now. Spent 1000’s on Fifa points? Call Gladstone Brooks for a no win, no fee advice.
  • Waiting for a court to judge that all packs sold were sold under false pretences and customers must be refunded. Maaaaaaaaaan i'd get thousands back!

    I will get enough back to buy a brand new car
  • EisenErmin
    7373 posts Big Money Move
    Waiting for a court to judge that all packs sold were sold under false pretences and customers must be refunded. Maaaaaaaaaan i'd get thousands back!

    1.) They wont refund anyone no matter what.

    2.) If EA had to refund everyone the would go broke within a week. That could actually be the beginning of a new company getting the licence for all the leagues and players and finally developing a good fottball game

    Honestly i hope for the second option to happen.
  • Natureboy44
    943 posts Professional
    Waiting for a court to judge that all packs sold were sold under false pretences and customers must be refunded. Maaaaaaaaaan i'd get thousands back!

    You laugh but that is a future reality, there are some well regarded names & establishments looking into them and going after them now, they have got away with so much legally they could be in big trouble.

    You know those phone calls you get " did you ever have PPI you could be owed thousands"

    Soon to be replaced by " Did you ever buy Fifa points you could be owed thousands"
  • Brovarrinho
    76 posts Park Captain
    edited December 2018
    This year their ignorance reached the top in my opinion can't be worse but it's EA- they can fu*k everything and laugh. As long as they have such high incomes they don't care. People have to stop buying FP. They is no other way change situation
  • Grifan
    1425 posts Play-Off Hero
    Waiting for a court to judge that all packs sold were sold under false pretences and customers must be refunded. Maaaaaaaaaan i'd get thousands back!

    You laugh but that is a future reality, there are some well regarded names & establishments looking into them and going after them now, they have got away with so much legally they could be in big trouble.

    You know those phone calls you get " did you ever have PPI you could be owed thousands"

    Soon to be replaced by " Did you ever buy Fifa points you could be owed thousands"

    I want to be on one of they adverts crying cause I bought an ultimate pack and got Kevin volland
  • Brydobhoy
    460 posts An Exciting Prospect
    If I was to get refunded wanna know what id get back , about £60 because ever since Ut team started ive been saying its a scam and its the beginning of the end for fifa with these microtransactions and funny gameplay . You know what im meaning .......
  • Burchy
    896 posts Semi-Pro
    Brydobhoy wrote: »
    If I was to get refunded wanna know what id get back , about £60 because ever since Ut team started ive been saying its a scam and its the beginning of the end for fifa with these microtransactions and funny gameplay . You know what im meaning .......

    If I get refunded I’ll be booking a month long round the world cruise! :D
  • CharlieC
    7344 posts Big Money Move
    If I get a refund I’ll go and buy myself 30 £1 scratch cards.
  • Tymsy83
    882 posts Semi-Pro
    People would end up trying to claim Castro’s account as their own, man they would make millions
Sign In or Register to comment.