When will EA fix automatic tackling by defenders its a joke.

jertt
46 posts Park Captain
edited December 2018
I am in on goal by a through pass and the defender that uncontrolled by the player make a tackle. This can't continue in a competitive game EA

Comments

• Empyrium7
    2052 posts Fans' Favourite
    AI defending will be the reason a lot of players will stop playing FIFA including me.
    it's ridiculous and there is no skill gap in defending or even attacking
    letting AI defend for you and you just control a CDM and usually it's fabinho
    l was counting how many times I'm playing against Fabinho
    18 times in the last 20 matches. I'm keeping a record for it
  • Steelcitysniper
    1152 posts Professional
    How annoying is it when user defenders can just hold down circle and track you down for 5 seconds too!
  • Xtc
    5183 posts Big Money Move
    how is this any different from attackers tackling better than defenders when high up the field? the game impact a players abilities based on where they are on the field. thats pretty clear. the bigger the human mistake. the harder the Ai tries to cover it. i rarely play WL. in 500 games i have 100 draws never ahd that many in any UT.
  • Steelcitysniper
    1152 posts Professional
    I think defense is a huge step backwards this year
  • browney1888
    288 posts Sunday League Hero
    its funny as tackles by players who the player doesnt control dont count towards tackles in stats

ie only tackles count that you actually press tackle button

i played 2 players who beat me and where much better players BUT both games they didnt register 1 tackle each altho the cpu ran into me repeatidly to win him the ball back

my defeders? they just stand around letting him pas the ball around me
  • Glupi86
    210 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Worst of all is the cb anticipation. It's ridiculous. you pass to the attacker, he is planted on the ground and the defender passes in front and grabs the ball
  • Kingkay
    1740 posts Fans' Favourite
    Just beat a guy who only made 1 manual tackle all game, 1 tackle..... let that sink in
  • GreezyWeezyLDN
    1323 posts Professional
    Never. The day this game stops helping people with defending and scoring is the day that all the kids stop playing.
  • Xtc
    Glupi86 wrote: »
    Worst of all is the cb anticipation. It's ridiculous. you pass to the attacker, he is planted on the ground and the defender passes in front and grabs the ball

because the receiver does not auto move. think about how crazy it is that you have to trigger them to come to or make runs. Its all so the AI has cues to react to. if i use CR7 vs a bronze CB..he should make runs that are not well tracked all day automatically.

the game has trended away from me vs my opponent. its now me vs the AI. Its why the best players can win with almost any team. Being great = learning how to trick the AI and learning the counter moves to that. watch thier games. Almost all of them play the same way with the same players
  • Durrani13
    425 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited December 2018
    Hey while we are at it why don't we stop the automatic running of the other 9 players in your team and the automatic saving by the keeper.

There will always be some aspects of the game which will be automated. I love it when I play against people who let the AI defend for them. It's so predictable and fairly easy to score against. That's how you force people to take control of the defence. SCORE!
  • Renamed123456
    3628 posts National Call-Up
    Tbf there needs to be some ai defending you can't control 11 players at once.
  • Empyrium7
    2052 posts Fans' Favourite
    Durrani13 wrote: »
    Hey while we are at it why don't we stop the automatic running of the other 9 players in your team and the automatic saving by the keeper.

There will always be some aspects of the game which will be automated. I love it when I play against people who let the AI defend for them. It's so predictable and fairly easy to score against. That's how you force people to take control of the defence. SCORE!

TEACH US PLEASE
  • Xtc
    Durrani13 wrote: »

obviously. the issue is what a game does well vs badly. the gameplay will eventually default to what the game does well. watch the pros. most tell you NOT to use a CB unless you cant avoid it and to leaned timed finesse shots. That tells you all you need to know