Most generic (teams) FUT so far?

Cadey 5
10392 posts Has That Special Something
Anyone else bored of facing the same teams over and over?

I understand every year there are "go to" players, but this year seems to be the least creative of any FUT.

What are people actually playing this game for?

Buy "meta" players so you can save up for the next 'Meta" player.

Again I understand this is a product of EA removing any casual mode in FUT but its become so boring and I honestly might have to stop playing this game through the week, been testing out Alves last few days and it's just been a stress and not a single bit of fun to be had.

The team comes up containing any 4 of the following.

Courtios
Varane
Pogba
Kante
Sanchez
VVD
Walker
Fabinho
POTM Hazard
POTM Aub
Mbappe

I don't know, EA release so many different kinds of special cards, and yet its just a constant grind against a pool of about 25 players. :#

Does anyone actually build what they believe to be a "ultimate team" :'(

Comments

• tauras
    3647 posts National Call-Up
    Cadey 5 wrote: »

I understand every year there are "go to" players, but this year seems to be the least creative of any FUT.

Again I understand this is a product of EA removing any casual mode in FUT but its become so boring and I honestly might have to stop playing this game through the week, been testing out Alves last few days and it's just been a stress and not a single bit of fun to be had.

Courtios
    Varane
    Pogba
    Kante
    Sanchez
    VVD
    Walker
    Fabinho
    POTM Hazard
    POTM Aub
    Mbappe

I don't know, EA release so many different kinds of special cards, and yet its just a constant grind against a pool of about 25 players. :#

I don't use any of those players I have a full bundesliga team every card nearly a different colour so nice to look at as well as use. In the middle of trying to gel a serie a and ligue 1 team together.
  • Scutch
    10495 posts Has That Special Something
    tauras wrote: »

Courtios
    Varane
    Pogba
    Kante
    Sanchez
    VVD
    Walker
    Fabinho
    POTM Hazard
    POTM Aub
    Mbappe

I don't use any of those players I have a full bundesliga team every card nearly a different colour so nice to look at as well as use. In the middle of trying to gel a serie a and ligue 1 team together.

POTM Reus, Flashback Gotze and Gnarby, Sir?
  • freakjas
    5699 posts Big Money Move
    Its so annoying, feel like the best thing about ultimate team is that you can create your own team and try out fun players by experimenting with links and not just going full pl with the same meta players.
    But thats just my opinion.
    Got only fabinho myself cause i need a link to my red mane haha.
  • tauras
    3647 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2018
    Flashback gotze well of course. Don't have potm Reus and gnabry is on bench unfortunately doesn't last 90 mins. There is no way gotze or gnabry get used as much as players listed gotze when first came out ye but not now not that I have come across anyway. If I done potm hazard would I use dead right he's unstoppable.
  • Where’s martial?
  • BrentfordFC
    11648 posts Has That Special Something
    Don’t have one of those in my team.
  • Finesse_4days
    6896 posts Big Money Move
    TBF pogba, Kante and Mbappe are unreal so it is understandable why so many people use them as they are better than a lot of Icons. I get what you mean though it does get boring Fabiniho and Potm Lucas are the most annoying for me as they are probably the two most over used players on Fut and they are very annoying as they are not great players but they are still a real pain in the arse to play against in the right hands.
  • I get paired up against Fred and Aubamayang all the time..
  • Ulook92
    12507 posts Has That Special Something
    Of course not. I love playing against BPL teams 9 times out of 10. I never get tired of playing against D. Sanchez, Lacazette, Jesus, Felipe Anderson, Martial, Lingard, Vardy, Lucas, Son, Bailly, Zaha, Wijnaldum, Firmino, Sterling and Fred.

I hate playing against Kepa though. He saves none of my shots!
  • Brownie1524
    9172 posts League Winner
    I see fn Allison all the time and he's godly ,yet I tried him and forgot there was even a GK in my net :joy:
    If not him then it's usually Courtois. But the same group of cards I see is different than yours..
  • Davvebingan
    2321 posts Fans' Favourite
    I don’t have any of those but face them all the time
  • YOLOT0URE
    6949 posts Big Money Move
    In that list I only use courtois, but that’s only cos he’s untradable :lol: who’s not gonna use a 90 rated untradable?! Godin and Alvaro are too good to get varane in
  • Retro_G
    28232 posts Player of the Year
    Play Draft, you will face unique teams. You can't expect people to use off-meta cards in a competitive mode.
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    Tbf I definitely play more of a mix of teams this FUT then the last 2 FUTs.
    At least I face teams from La Liga, Bundes, Serie A, Ligue 1 and even the odd other team.
    The last 2 FUTs it was literally Son, Martial, Rashford, Vardy, and/or Sterling EVERY SINGLE MATCH!!
  • Diggy
    13618 posts Has That Special Something
    I only have 2 Pogba because he’s untradeable & Courtois
  • Knowlesdinho
    10185 posts Has That Special Something
    edited December 2018
    If there was no fut, just online divisions, what team do you think you would face most of the time?

Probably Barcelona, or Juventus. Why? Because people want to use Messi, or Ronaldo.

There would still be limited originality without fut!
  • DarthGrowler
    14238 posts Has That Special Something
    Scutch wrote: »
    You forgot POTM Lucas.

I was hoping he would start to fade out now but he is going strong :/
  • Azof
    16417 posts World Class
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Play Draft, you will face unique teams. You can't expect people to use off-meta cards in a competitive mode.

I played draft the other day before unplugging the xbox, 3 of the 4 teams were all prem
  • Spurs4life80
    291 posts Sunday League Hero
    I have 4 on the list and couldn't give a ****, I bought the game to play with the best players I can afford, I haven't grinded my arse off just so I could play with inferior players just to be different or funky
  • Chet
    487 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yea the list is spot on
  • ha032742
    35060 posts Moderator

Courtios
    Varane
    Pogba
    Kante
    Sanchez
    VVD
    Walker
    Fabinho
    POTM Hazard
    POTM Aub
    Mbappe

Depends on people’s coins. Some like Blarix will get the best of the best e.g. prime R9. Others will want the most competitive team to win rewards in order to get the best of the best...I don’t blame them for this.
  • ElatedKarnage
    272 posts Sunday League Hero
    People try to build the best possible teams with the coins they have.

These same guys would be using Eusabio, R9, R10, Ferdinand, Maldini etc if they spent 1000's of dollars or had spent countless hours trading.

Within 3 months you'll see people upgrade to icons and we'll have threads stating how every team they face is an icon team. It's just how the cookie crumbles.
  • STaLLiOnO
    455 posts An Exciting Prospect

Courtios
    Varane
    Pogba
    Kante
    Sanchez
    VVD
    Walker
    Fabinho
    POTM Hazard
    POTM Aub
    Mbappe

Stop complaining and play the game.
  • Lassemaayn
    76 posts Park Captain
    I have five of those players and I’m lovin it!
  • Navraat
    3174 posts National Call-Up
    How is Sandro not in that list
  • Cadey 5
    TBF pogba, Kante and Mbappe are unreal so it is understandable why so many people use them as they are better than a lot of Icons. I get what you mean though it does get boring Fabiniho and Potm Lucas are the most annoying for me as they are probably the two most over used players on Fut and they are very annoying as they are not great players but they are still a real pain in the arse to play against in the right hands.
    STaLLiOnO wrote: »

Courtios
    Varane
    Pogba
    Kante
    Sanchez
    VVD
    Walker
    Fabinho
    POTM Hazard
    POTM Aub
    Mbappe

Stop complaining and play the game.

I am playing the game this is my observation stop trying to make a argument out of nothing.
  • Cadey 5
    If there was no fut, just online divisions, what team do you think you would face most of the time?

Probably Barcelona, or Juventus. Why? Because people want to use Messi, or Ronaldo.

There would still be limited originality without fut!

At least the selection is limited on that so it would be understood it’s the tiny pool of players being used out of the wide selection which is sad in my view.
    I have 4 on the list and couldn't give a ****, I bought the game to play with the best players I can afford, I haven't grinded my arse off just so I could play with inferior players just to be different or funky

If you can afford 170-200k on a 85 rated CB you should be able to afford someone fun also.
  • Navraat
    3174 posts National Call-Up
    Winning = fun
  • heefmondo
    1450 posts Play-Off Hero