Have i put too much faith in italian teams in Europe?

thackattack
165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Have I put a bit too much faith in the italian teams doing well in europe this year? Really hope inter and napoli can do it for their last games in their groups.

https://ibb.co/tqc5kH4

Comments

• Empyrium7
    2786 posts Fans' Favourite
    how much did Skriniar cost you ? and is he worth it ?
    just Udinese players are around 30k and that's crazy

I think Inter are leaving the CL even though I really hope that they will proceed
    If they won their last match I would have got Perisic without thinking
  • Markman007
    2806 posts Fans' Favourite
    Empyrium7 wrote: »

I think Inter are leaving the CL even though I really hope that they will proceed

Remember that even if they get knocked out the cards will stay live in the Europa league.
  • GeorgeGervin
    1605 posts Play-Off Hero
    Markman007 wrote: »

Remember that even if they get knocked out the cards will stay live in the Europa league.

Exactly this !
  • Zambo9
    5216 posts Big Money Move
    Inter has to play PSV with high chance of winning and Totthenam is playing vs Barca at the camp noi. It’s a lock that they will go ahead in CL but I don’t thing they’ll proceed much more, same with Roma.. Napoli have big chances of being knocked out since they are playing at Anfield
  • Skullsum
    75 posts Park Captain
    Markman007 wrote: »

knowing inter if they go to europa league they will go out instantly...last year we didn't even try to pass the group stage
  • thackattack

Tbh i dont think its worth the coins or the effort it took to get all the players for serieA sbc. I only really did it as i always do SerieA each year and love the league so gave it a go. Yeah some of the costs are stupid like udinese, i remember their right back going so quickly for the buy now price it was so hard to get. I think it cost me about 200k in the end but depends on what you get from the addional packs or if you have any of the players to start with. With there being so many good cb or strikers in the league already id say give it a miss.
  • thackattack
    Cool i wasnt sure if their cards would change to europa league ones if they went out of the CL.
    I think that liverpool wont be able to beat napoli as they will leave themselves so open going for it that napoli will be able to counter them.
    Also no way spurs will be able to beat barca, that i would say inter going through is a given.
    I can see juventus going all the way this year if they get a good run in and with roma they are already through so happy with the increase florenzi is going to already get, even more so with the right back position always being a bit of a limited one to fill in serieA.
    Lazio have been pretty poor in their europa group and should have easily topped it but i can still see them doing well if they get a good draw and avoid any of the big boys. I would say they are the best team in it other than arsenal and chelsea so you never know.
  • Markman007
    2806 posts Fans' Favourite
    Cool i wasnt sure if their cards would change to europa league ones if they went out of the CL.
    I think that liverpool wont be able to beat napoli as they will leave themselves so open going for it that napoli will be able to counter them.
    Also no way spurs will be able to beat barca, that i would say inter going through is a given.
    I can see juventus going all the way this year if they get a good run in and with roma they are already through so happy with the increase florenzi is going to already get, even more so with the right back position always being a bit of a limited one to fill in serieA.
    Lazio have been pretty poor in their europa group and should have easily topped it but i can still see them doing well if they get a good draw and avoid any of the big boys. I would say they are the best team in it other than arsenal and chelsea so you never know.

I agree with you on pretty much all of that. I think all of the Serie A live CL/EL cards are worth having, as they all have a good chance for a couple of upgrades.
  • LovelyVillain
    3579 posts National Call-Up
    Spanish and English league are much better than any other leagues. The Spanish League has improved massively in the last 5 years. Even mid table teams in Spain can compete with anyone. Teams like Sevilla have already established themselves in European football while in the last 3-4 years or so, Italian teams other than Juve haven’t improved at the same rate. I think that because the Italian League isn’t very competitive, the best teams in that league suffer when playing against top teams from other countries.
  • thackattack
    Spanish and English league are much better than any other leagues. The Spanish League has improved massively in the last 5 years. Even mid table teams in Spain can compete with anyone. Teams like Sevilla have already established themselves in European football while in the last 3-4 years or so, Italian teams other than Juve haven’t improved at the same rate. I think that because the Italian League isn’t very competitive, the best teams in that league suffer when playing against top teams from other countries.

Yeah i really miss the days of the two milan teams being so good in europe. If only i had the coins or luck to ever get an icon :(
    I would actually say that the english league is very similar in a way to the italian in the quality of the teams it has. They both have one clearly superior team that are 100% going to win the league (juv/city). Then a couple of teams that are good on their day that have some quality players but are unlikely to really go the distance. The only real difference between the two is the money that the english league has. I would say that when i've gone to see italian football live its been much better and the atmosphere is fantastic when compared to places like arsenal,city etc which is so quiet its embarrassing.
    From a FUT point of view though serieA is always going to be the best for me as i dont spend much money on packs and the english league is way to expensive and for spain they have some brilliant players but again will be expensive and nothing really inbetween until you make up the coins.
  • I love your team
  • BLUESBOY345
    1450 posts Play-Off Hero
    Was expecting a few bets to be placed -.-
  • calabrese8
    82 posts Park Captain

Classic example of someone who hasn't watched Serie A... just reads headlines and plays FIFA.

i'm surprised you didnt call it Calcio A
  • thackattack
    calabrese8 wrote: »

Classic example of someone who hasn't watched Serie A... just reads headlines and plays FIFA.

i'm surprised you didnt call it Calcio A

Have been following serieA for a long long time actually,since the old days of football italia in the 90s so i know it pretty well. So im not really sure what you mean there.

Hated last year when it was calcio A.
  • Eroberto
    1376 posts Professional
    Juventus is one of the favorites to win CL at 5 to 1 odds. Roma and inter are long shots at 100 to 1, and Napoli is 28 to 1. Good luck
  • Bob_Dylan
    19409 posts World Class
    How's IF Kolarov?
  • thackattack
    Eroberto wrote: »
    Juventus is one of the favorites to win CL at 5 to 1 odds. Roma and inter are long shots at 100 to 1, and Napoli is 28 to 1. Good luck

Yeah im hoping juventus can win it, but with the others im just hoping for at least one upgrade each.
    Lazio are 25/1 for the europa so not expecting it. I dont think they are better than chelsea who are 4/1 but i guess if hazard shows up they can beat anyone.
  • thackattack
    Bob_Dylan wrote: »
    How's IF Kolarov?

I actually packed him in one of the totw sbcs which was nice. I would say he feels a bit faster i guess but its not a massive change as his normal version is so good anyways. He is great in that position as he can knock wingers off the ball easily. Unless its leroy lane who always seems lile a god in this game.
  • thackattack
    Was expecting a few bets to be placed -.-

Now that you say that, am kinda tempted. I usually just do bets for one off games but might put something on it. What are you thinking?
  • thackattack
    Damn still cant believe inter and napoli messed this one up. Still think they can do well in the europa league and juventus will get to the final.