Ideas for the new patch

Comments

• FCBlunt
    1953 posts Fans' Favourite
    They should remove Timed Finishing, it’s a broken feature that wasn’t tested through. It’s obvious to anyone this is the biggest joke of 19 next to the AI.

It should be pretty clear to anyone, especially when Tekkz who just won the champions cup thing, he calls them ‘360 noscope.’

Remove whatever modifier added to regular shots to decrease their usability. So we can stop using this mechanic, timed finishing is useless if the server lags too. (Funny thing, the game lagged during the grand finale, dont say there’s nothing wrong)

Also, rebounds that’s like homing missles searching for the closest opponent like a perfect pass. I understand that rebounds are realistic, but not at this rate, come on man.

I would say that I disagree with part of your second point. Ai should track, just not intercept as much as they do imo.
  • Brovarrinho
    76 posts Park Captain
    edited December 2018
    Finesse shots are the biggest glitch ever, a lot of people don't even try to create good actions and score goal from the penalty box 1on1 with GK etc. Spamming dragbacks ballrolls and using finesse shots is more rewarding and easier. 4 or 5 goals per game scored with finesse shots 20-25 meters away from goal ? No problem. Show me highlights of real football games with that amount of finesse shots scored in one game. In this FIFA everyone can curve it like Messi from any angle. Driven shots from FIFA 18 were nothing compared to this crazy finesse.
    Just watch game of good players on YT. Disgusting how many goals can be scored this way in one 15minutes FIFA game. Another thing is I know what my opponent is going to do but because of button delay my defenders can't react properly and BANG next finesse went in
    Servers are complete garbage.
    And a lot of smaller irritating things.
  • Empyrium7
    2762 posts Fans' Favourite
    FCBlunt wrote: »
    They should remove Timed Finishing, it’s a broken feature that wasn’t tested through. It’s obvious to anyone this is the biggest joke of 19 next to the AI.

It should be pretty clear to anyone, especially when Tekkz who just won the champions cup thing, he calls them ‘360 noscope.’

Remove whatever modifier added to regular shots to decrease their usability. So we can stop using this mechanic, timed finishing is useless if the server lags too. (Funny thing, the game lagged during the grand finale, dont say there’s nothing wrong)

Also, rebounds that’s like homing missles searching for the closest opponent like a perfect pass. I understand that rebounds are realistic, but not at this rate, come on man.

I would say that I disagree with part of your second point. Ai should track, just not intercept as much as they do imo.

I agree on everything. but tracking sometimes is really OP especially with the high rated defenders
  • Empyrium7
    Finesse shots are the biggest glitch ever, a lot of people don't even try to create good actions and score goal from the penalty box 1on1 with GK etc. Spamming dragbacks ballrolls and using finesse shots is more rewarding and easier. 4 or 5 goals per game scored with finesse shots 20-25 meters ? No problem. Show me highlights of real football games with that amount of finesse shots scored. In this FIFA everyone can curve it like Messi from any angle.
    Servers are complete garbage.
    And a lot of smaller irritating things.

people won't go inside my box to finish 1 on 1
    yesterday I played 5 games and I literately opened up a huge space for them to go inside the box and face my GK. All of them did a drag back or they just tried to cut inside and finesse. I don't blame them though since its really easy to score finesse
  • FinneganFach
    2123 posts Fans' Favourite
    Right now I'd just settle for not having input lag in every single game.
  • tvrfan
    698 posts Professional
    A patch which Uninstalles the game and gives me my money back which I spent in game
  • tvrfan wrote: »
    A patch which Uninstalles the game and gives me my money back which I spent in game

word
  • DajeRoma
    44 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I hope they the next patch is about the timed finesse shots...they are so OP and need to be nerfed. in the higher divisions nobody plays football but they pass around and finesse from those spot...this is not funny anymore. Even if you know that the opponent is abusing them, you can't block every finesse and be on point with moving the GK. It's ridicolous that a timed finesse shoot outside the box is easier to score than a 1v1 situaion
  • bigpokey24
    4792 posts Big Money Move
    it is so funny patch, patch patch... we just had a new patch last week, 2 patches in 2 weeks, don't yall get tired of patch patch patch ?

• Empyrium7
    bigpokey24 wrote: »
    it is so funny patch, patch patch... we just had a new patch last week, 2 patches in 2 weeks, don't yall get tired of patch patch patch ?

you find it funny ? the last patch din't fix most of the problems so let people post what they need to be fixed and maybe EA community mangers will see that most of the people are not happy with the gameplay.
  • SPN1987
    2044 posts Fans' Favourite
    I don't think any patch would really fix the game. The game has deeper, underlying issues. I am convinced the Frostbite engine is the one to blame. Since FIFA 17 the game feels more sluggish each year. Connection really isn't the main issue. Offline the game feels sluggish and unresponsive as well.
  • schiiliii
    3 posts Ball Boy
    edited December 2018
    Id still like to see more of a nerf to defensive AI. They shouldn't be able to track runs as quick as they do, much more effective to let AI do the work is ridiculous, especially in delayed game-play. If the opponent is over eager and charges at your player/miss times a tackle, they should be punished. AI shouldn't be bailing them out. Back in fifa 12-14 (earlier fifa instalments) if you miss-timed a tackle you would be punished. One miss-timed tackle from a midfield player, could lead to you conceding a goal.

However id also like to see some assistance from AI when manually controlling a player. In particular when you're jockeying and trying to intercept a pass. Once the opposition passes the ball and its only an inch away from your players foot he wont grab the ball. AI should assist that tiny bit to poke out his foot and grab the ball. However If an AI player is in a situation to intercept they charge at the pass and make a slide tackle to intercept the ball.

Outside the box finesse shots are way too powerful. As it stands every match you play is the same, no variety at all. The most frustrating thing is that you can see them coming time and time again and you can barely do anything in response. So discouraging when you try to breakdown an opponent with 20-30 passes, only for the opponent to go up the other side of the field with 2-3 passes and score a 30 yard finesse shot.

I have to say I am very impressed with the small changes ea have made so far in 19, with a few more fixes could make this a great game. Ea the biggest changes still need to come.
  • iConfueZ
    277 posts Sunday League Hero
    Retro_G wrote: »

2) Disagree, defending is fairly balanced at the moment, would slightly buff Interceptions when directly in passing lanes.

You're probably rely a lot on AI defending that you call it "balanced". Everyone knows that it is not balanced, and that the AI is just too overpowered. It's totally not balanced that you can contain with your CDM whilst the AI tracks the other players.
  • Empyrium7
    schiiliii wrote: »
    Id still like to see more of a nerf to defensive AI. They shouldn't be able to track runs as quick as they do, much more effective to let AI do the work is ridiculous, especially in delayed game-play. If the opponent is over eager and charges at your player/miss times a tackle, they should be punished. AI shouldn't be bailing them out. Back in fifa 12-14 (earlier fifa instalments) if you miss-timed a tackle you would be punished. One miss-timed tackle from a midfield player, could lead to you conceding a goal.

However id also like to see some assistance from AI when manually controlling a player. In particular when you're jockeying and trying to intercept a pass. Once the opposition the passes the ball and its only an inch away from your players foot he wont grab the ball. AI should assist that tiny bit to poke out his foot and grab the ball. However If an AI player is in a situation to intercept they charge at the pass and make a slide tackle to intercept the ball.

Outside the box finesse shots are way too powerful. As it stands every match you play is the same, no variety at all. The most frustrating thing is that you can see them coming time and time again and you can barely do anything in response. So discouraging when you try to breakdown an opponent with 20-30 passes, only for the opponent to go up the other side of the field with 2-3 passes and score a 30 yard finesse shot.

I have to say I am very impressed with the small changes ea have made so far in 19, with a few more fixes could make this a great game. Ea the biggest changes still need to come.

Can't agree more about everything you said especially about the AI. I really miss defending in FIFA 14. it was fun and rewarding. and as you said. when you miss-time a tackle you should be punished.

the game at it current state is not rewarding and a lot of games get decided by who exploit more instead who was better and played better in the game.
  • Brovarrinho
    76 posts Park Captain
    Just watch last InceptionXx movie on YT, I can agree with almost everything that he says- it is all about abusing game mechanics when you want to win.
    Right now the only way to enjoy this game at least a little bit is to choose and play with players that I like and respect from real life and play the way that I Like. Shame that every year they take our money and can't create game with good gameplay.
  • Empyrium7
    Just watch last InceptionXx movie on YT, I can agree with almost everything that he says- it is all about abusing game mechanics when you want to win.
    Right now the only way to enjoy this game at least a little bit is to choose and play with players that I like and respect from real life and play the way that I Like. Shame that every year they take our money and can't create game with good gameplay.

I don't know who he is but I'll check on the video when I have time.
    and yes I always play with players I like from Serie A. it make the game a little bit stressful playing with players you like
  • Alexvdven
    164 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Empyrium7 wrote: »
    boekkie wrote: »
    They need to fix servers first

I don't think they can do anything about it in a patch

No point in patching a game that isn't playable most of the time.
  • Empyrium7
    Alexvdven wrote: »
    Empyrium7 wrote: »
    boekkie wrote: »
    They need to fix servers first

I don't think they can do anything about it in a patch

No point in patching a game that isn't playable most of the time.

I understand but a patch won't help fixing lag or delay.

new servers and new infrastructure would. and I don't think EA will do it to be honest. even though they get millions and maybe billions of dollars but I don't think they will do anything about servers. it has been bad for more than 5 years and they did nothing about it
  • gizzzzy
    305 posts Sunday League Hero
    yellow and red timed shots need to go out of the stadium to improve the risk vs reward on those shots
  • Pocketsquareguy
    4848 posts Big Money Move
    Much of this is intended. It lowers the skill gap. Especially kickoff goals. This is 100% intended to be in the game. They easily could have fixed it after all these years. It’s in the game because they want it in the game.
  • tvrfan
    698 posts Professional
    Sort out that timed finesse outside the box.... I rather have low driven finesse with old shooting back
  • Empyrium7
    gizzzzy wrote: »
    yellow and red timed shots need to go out of the stadium to improve the risk vs reward on those shots

That's a good idea and it will be helpful. Plus. Not all players can perform perfect finesse. They ahould make it for players with finesse trait
  • Empyrium7
    tvrfan wrote: »
    Sort out that timed finesse outside the box.... I rather have low driven finesse with old shooting back

Same. To perform old driven finesse, you need to be inside the box, which means you already broke throghy my defense and got a well deserved goal
  • Spillaren
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    finesse in general are broken, don't even need to time it, in fact if you don't time it it flies off faster and don't give you time to move the goalie.