Genuinely scored an offside goal

Furrag85
1751 posts Play-Off Hero
https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/furrag85/video/64904368

This is the first I've ever seen one in any FIFA.

Andersons shot from the corner, I have 3 players including Ramos, in the 6 yard box, all offside. It's saved, ending that phase of play.

It falls to Pogba, who upon shooting has his shot blocked. It ricochets to Ramos, who at the time of the ball being played forward from the shot was offside, and he has a simple tap in.

I'll take it, but I'd be livid if it happened to me!

Comments

• Mc_chigby
    648 posts An Exciting Prospect
    My goalkeeper got rugby tackled in a corner allowing the opponent an easy tap in. I know it was just a glitch in the game but annoying that things like that still happen and the system isn't able to read it and call a foul.
  • Comes off the defender
  • Furrag85
    1751 posts Play-Off Hero
    abcdefg123 wrote: »
    Comes off the defender

Yes, but only as a result of it being played forward by Pogba.
  • FootyFootyFootball
    2603 posts Fans' Favourite
    Furrag85 wrote: »
    Comes off the defender

Yes, but only as a result of it being played forward by Pogba.

This.

Deflection is irrelevant.
  • Not irrelevant, correct decision. If you had tried to pass it would be different
  • I've seen plenty of similar goals irl
  • Psyclon13
    403 posts Sunday League Hero
    If I'm understanding the rules correctly, in this case the deflection from the defender is considered as a "save", because it stops the ball on its path to the goal line, and therefore it's not an offside.
  • FootyFootyFootball
    2603 posts Fans' Favourite
    Not irrelevant, correct decision. If you had tried to pass it would be different

The issue is that it's the same phase of play.

The fact that he is shooting rather than passing means nothing. If a player shoots and it's turned in by a player in an offside position it's effectively a pass and offside.

If the defender had gathered the ball and passed it to the attacker it wouldn't have been an offside, but the fact it's a deflection means it's offside.
  • Only way it would be offside is it the defender hadn't made a deliberate attempt to play the ball